What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Not every merkin is a great student. The Roosters and Storm also sign merkins and then let them go. They find it easy to get better replacements. Most clubs don’t.

As I said some teachers can capture you. I was a poor student who excelled with a good teacher. Naturally blessed with a high IQ I was always in advanced. With a poor teacher I'd be in the back half of kids and under a good one I'd be top 10. I'm sure a fellow intelligent man like yourself understands what I am saying.

the phantom menace

First Grade
It's also the nature of the other losses to North Queensland, Souths, Brisbane and Souths again which have people (well me) most concerned about whether we've gone backwards from last year.

If we add those to the losses against bottom eight sides, do we have a decent sample size of who played halves in those? Either way, I know the same person was coach for all of those losses too...

emjaycee

Coach
Lol, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

The halves were the least of our problems Friday night, the side once again didn’t bother to show up Again!! Our forwards were appalling they were making 60+ a set but yeah let’s blame the 50 game half for not stepping up and covering for poor little Jakey. How dare he!! Another lazy player FFS!!
I'll ask again because you might have just forgotten to answer despite quoting my post...

Do you think Drown should have noticed that Jake was struggling, overcalled him and taken some control AND are you happy with Drowns limited involvement as first receiver in the first half?

Chipmunk

Coach
He isn't the worse coach. I think he woukd go well at another club. Our players need a freshen up however.
I think this 'freshen up' can be achieved with some assistant coaches with some modicum of tactical nous about them.

Murphy can't be at the Club next season, it's as simple as that. If the Head Coach doesn't want to get rid of him, then they can arrange to meet at Centrelink together.

emjaycee

Coach
Let's be honest.
Only 3 blokes tried to create the other night.
Dylbro 2nd half, Gutho 2nd half and Lane.
I reckon we just wipe that game clean and reset for the next 3.
We could still end up top 4, 5-8 or outside the 8 if we lose all 3.
Not JAs fault as he had plenty of terrible mates out there but he was not good either with his kicking game.
Dean Hawkins the souths back up was excellent. Goes to show if your forwards can dominate the halves job is made all that much easier...
And if your forwards aren't dominating?
Is it ok to give up or do you look to your more experienced players to step up and try and spark something?

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'll ask again because you might have just forgotten to answer despite quoting my post...

Do you think Drown should have noticed that Jake was struggling, overcalled him and taken some control AND are you happy with Drowns limited involvement as first receiver in the first half?
^ I think it's been answered in quite a few posts/replies since.

For mine, I don't think Dylan Brown should have overcalled and taken control after 10 mins (and have explained why, including the difficulties when to do so minimise's the intended input of the coach's son).

And I am working off the assumption that Dylan Brown's lack of opportunity at first receiver (including Mahoney's decisions of who to direct play to) in the first half was a simple result of the coach's direction/game plan (which appears to have been authorised to change at half time).

I do think our whole squad no longer demonstrates the ability to read a game and be flexible about changing the coach's game plan during a half - and believe this is one more reason that the coach after 9 years must be nearing the end of his practical tenure.

Soto

Bench
And if your forwards aren't dominating?
Is it ok to give up or do you look to your more experienced players to step up and try and spark something?
Well that's the thing. There is enough first grade experience for someone to say cmon let's go follow me.
However it could've been a classic case of stick to the structures, stick to the game plan, stay in the grind..
I just don't think anyone from players to coaching staff were quick enough to respond and adapt.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think that’s the problem right there. BA can’t get these players motivated for games consistently. And the players themselves are either mentally weak or can’t be bothered to turn up. Either way something has to change because the coach has been there for 9 years and the results haven’t changed.
Yes they have. 2014-2018 we won 46% of games. Since the new board took over we have won 62%. That’s a big change, and didn’t require replacing the coach.

Last edited:

Latest posts