What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

hindy111

Post Whore
Could you please list the clubs in order of size in your opinion, I would love to know where we stand and will temper my expectations when I see we are below Wentworthville and St Mary’s leagues clubs

Yeah I am suprised who Penrith and the Dogs become bigger then us so quickly. Parramatta as a city is by far the biggest Sydney club. Id argue we are top 5

hindy111

Post Whore
Who cares. All of them have failed. I'm all for f**king BA off but am not expecting us to suddenly become world beaters with a new coach. Most of our players are plonkers and need to be shown the door with BA. F**k off the idiots in the front of house as well.

We are looking at lots of pain imo. Our juniors aren't streaming thru. Where are they? What the hell have we produced.
One regular in the last 3 years. Penisini and he is hardly a superstar. For all we know he ends up just an average player.
Look what Brisbanes unearthed this year or Cowboys. Cobbo, Tualgi etc. Where is our next star?
Unearthing a Haze Dunster isn't that exciting tbh. I've said this 1000x we need to fix the juniors. How I dont know. But something isn't right there.

JokerEel

First Grade
We are looking at lots of pain imo. Our juniors aren't streaming thru. Where are they? What the hell have we produced.
One regular in the last 3 years. Penisini and he is hardly a superstar. For all we know he ends up just an average player.
Look what Brisbanes unearthed this year or Cowboys. Cobbo, Tualgi etc. Where is our next star?
Unearthing a Haze Dunster isn't that exciting tbh. I've said this 1000x we need to fix the juniors. How I dont know. But something isn't right there.

I think our problem isn't finding the juniors it's having them come into first grade and then go to the next level.

French was a superstar as a junior showed it when he first came in then went stale same with Tepia Moroea our first grade coaches just don't have the ability to improve players once they hit first grade.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I still can't believe he was given two more years at the back end of last season when he was. The Club should be only paying him for the next 2 1/2 more months and we should already have had someone else in the role. There was no reason to extend him at the time.
Yep, this is why I question the people running our club. They honestly have no idea. I’m still amazed how they thought it was a good idea to extend him last year. 1 year was bad enough but two?? Absolutely clueless.

Chipmunk

Coach
At least now with Ciraldo committing to the Dogs we won’t make a stupid move and sign some rookie coach.

Flanagan or Payten is the go.
I can't see Payten coming to Sydney anytime soon. He has spent quite a bit of time up in North Queensland over the years, as a player, assistant coach, now Head Coach.

I'm astounded that Flanno isn't already the Head Coach of Parra.

Chipmunk

Coach
Actually we got within 216 of St George in 2009. Otherwise yeah, in both 2007 and 2017 we were exactly 258 points behind the Storm. The only time we got within 200 was 195 points behind Penrith in 2020.

The worst performing premiers (for points differential relative to the best performing team) in the NRL era were:

TeamYearDifferenceBest performing team
Knights2001-290Eels
Cowboys2015-158Roosters
Panthers2003-151Bulldogs
Tigers2005-147Eels

Interesting that two of the best performing teams who failed to win the comp were Parramatta squads under Brian Smith. Merkins say he was a choker but I'm inclined to think he got teams to overachieve during the regular season but then were outclassed in the finals.
Is 2003 the years the Bulldogs had points taken off?

Was there an issue at the back end of the year or the Roosters in 2015?

Chipmunk

Coach
I think our problem isn't finding the juniors it's having them come into first grade and then go to the next level.

French was a superstar as a junior showed it when he first came in then went stale same with Tepia Moroea our first grade coaches just don't have the ability to improve players once they hit first grade.
I couldn't believe the raps on Bevan French the first time I watched him play. It was obvious to me he was always going to look good in the lower grades but never amount to much in the NRL.

hindy111

Post Whore
I couldn't believe the raps on Bevan French the first time I watched him play. It was obvious to me he was always going to look good in the lower grades but never amount to much in the NRL.

Yes I remember people saying he looks better then Latrell lol.
Guys like him are just too small. I wouldn't bother with wingers that small or fullbacks.

Our under 20s if finish the year strong could end up 6th. They have an ok for and against. Might be a few good ones I hope.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well I looked at long term performance. The last time we performed at this level was 2005-09. Prior to that we missed the finals twice, and after it we missed the finals seven times. Now we’ve made the finals four straight years. I assume that lean period was the outlier. But even our best year in the last 20 (2005) was a flash in the pan. The Panthers are about to replicate it for the third straight year, and the Roosters and Storm have both put together consecutive seasons like our 2005 multiple times.
I think you need to include a longer period for Parra, you're excluding an adjacent period where we made the finals for 6 straight seasons (1997 to 2002), winning a Minor Premiership, making one grand final and playing in four straight Preliminary Finals.

The two seasons we missed the finals in 2003 and 2004, in my view the use-by-date for Brian Smith had been reached. I think Jason Taylor being the key assistant coach in 2005 contributed to our success.

JokerEel

First Grade

He had some good touches in first grade a good coach could have done alot with him if French was willing to put in the effort.

JokerEel

First Grade
Guys like him are just too small. I wouldn't bother with wingers that small or fullbacks.

Our under 20s if finish the year strong could end up 6th. They have an ok for and against. Might be a few good ones I hope.

Yeah there is a few ok ones in Flegg too bad we don't get to watch them on TV.

Hopefully Brown comes in and get the junior system working better..

Chipmunk

Coach
Yep, this is why I question the people running our club. They honestly have no idea. I’m still amazed how they thought it was a good idea to extend him last year. 1 year was bad enough but two?? Absolutely clueless.
Because they're not accountable for their actions. The Parramatta NRL Club Board is accountable to no one. It is absurd.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I still can't believe he was given two more years at the back end of last season when he was. The Club should be only paying him for the next 2 1/2 more months and we should already have had someone else in the role. There was no reason to extend him at the time.

The more time has rolled on, the more incompetant and NFI our board / front office decision makers have looked

The hoopla around resigning BA was to keep our gun players together and create premiership windows for a few years. The resigning has been a tragic failure imo. The premiership window in hanging by a thread this year

Chipmunk

Coach
He had some good touches in first grade a good coach could have done alot with him if French was willing to put in the effort.
I just think small players like him and Dufty and others have too many liabilities and deficiencies.

He is a talented player. He was always going to kill it in the Super League.

I wouldn't be opposed to him returning to the Club, as I think he would be a better player. But he plays fullback or he just doesn't play. He was, and would continue to be, the worst winger in the NRL.

Chipmunk

Coach
The more time has rolled on, the more incompetant and NFI our board / front office decision makers have looked

The hoopla around resigning BA was to keep our gun players together and create premiership windows for a few years. The resigning has been a tragic failure imo. The premiership window in hanging by a thread this year
Dead right.

Chipmunk

Coach

Not being televised these days it's hard to know much about these players coming through. Given we have quite a few players eligible (JA, Russell, Penisini, etc.) not playing in the team there could be a couple to watch.

crocodile

Bench
BA is less than stellar but replace him with whom. Let's go down to the first grade head coach tree and pick another one.