What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
I'll ask again because you might have just forgotten to answer despite quoting my post...

Do you think Drown should have noticed that Jake was struggling, overcalled him and taken some control AND are you happy with Drowns limited involvement as first receiver in the first half?

I’ll answer.

The players carry out the coaches plan. They will rarely throw the plan out the window, unless they’re instructed to.

The coach however sits in the box watching the game. If his game plan isn’t working, or a particular player is struggling to carry out the plan, then it’s on the coach to adjust or make changes. He shouldn’t have to wait till half time to make changes. NOR SHOULD HE EXPECT THE PLAYERS TO CHANGE THE GAME PLAN.

emjaycee

Coach
The only thing that can be rectified in this mob between now and the rest of the season is mentality, it's too f**ken late to work on anything else.
I think it was after the Broncos game that I posted something I was told by a person in the club...
Our players are feeling the pressure to perform and lack self-confidence/self-belief.

We definitely need a head-shrink or 17 at Kellyville Park and in the sheds.

IFR33K

Coach
I think it was after the Broncos game that I posted something I was told by a person in the club...
Our players are feeling the pressure to perform and lack self-confidence/self-belief.

I think we need a new leader at the top.

emjaycee

Coach
I’ll answer.

The players carry out the coaches plan. They will rarely throw the plan out the window, unless they’re instructed to.

The coach however sits in the box watching the game. If his game plan isn’t working, or a particular player is struggling to carry out the plan, then it’s on the coach to adjust or make changes. He shouldn’t have to wait till half time to make changes. NOR SHOULD HE EXPECT THE PLAYERS TO CHANGE THE GAME PLAN.
100% agree (especially with the second paragraph) but can you tell me that if Munster saw Hughes getting undue pressure trying to get a kick away, he wouldnt toss out an overcall and take a kick himself?

That is all I am saying Drown should have done. I wasnt calling for the players to change the game plan on the fly, I was calling for Drown to recognise his rookie halves partner was under too much pressure and to try and alleviate that. One overcall and the balls goes to Drown instead of JA and suddenly Souths attempts to pressure the kicker ease off as they are no longer 100% sure who is getting it.

Chipmunk

Coach

I'd be spending as much money as we've go on it. We've got nothing to lose now. We're going to get f**k all out of being on a training paddock from here, so just do it.

IFR33K

Coach
100% agree (especially with the second paragraph) but can you tell me that if Munster saw Hughes getting undue pressure trying to get a kick away, he wouldnt toss out an overcall and take a kick himself?

That is all I am saying Drown should have done. I wasnt calling for the players to change the game plan on the fly, I was calling for Drown to recognise his rookie halves partner was under too much pressure and to try and alleviate that. One overcall and the balls goes to Drown instead of JA and suddenly Souths attempts to pressure the kicker ease off as they are no longer 100% sure who is getting it.

Mate, if BA couldn’t see the issue and attempt to sort it, then not sure why we’re attempting to progress forward with him. He’s the coach with inept game plans most weeks and basic structures. Not sure why you’re attempting to deflect the issues away from the problem. No way should a player over call the coach.

he’s been here 9 years and still can’t fix our edge defense against a simple sweep play. We’ve heard excuses from the Ba fan squad that there’s no better option out there.

cowboys took a punt and are in a race for the minor premiership. Who would of thought?

sharks took a punt and are looking safe for a top 4 finish.

yet we’re still chasing our tails and apparently a collision.

emjaycee

Coach
Mate, if BA couldn’t see the issue and attempt to sort it, then not sure why we’re attempting to progress forward with him. He’s the coach with inept game plans most weeks and basic structures. Not sure why you’re attempting to deflect the issues away from the problem. No way should a player over call the coach.

he’s been here 9 years and still can’t fix our edge defense against a simple sweep play. We’ve heard excuses from the Ba fan squad that there’s no better option out there.

cowboys took a punt and are in a race for the minor premiership. Who would of thought?

sharks took a punt and are looking safe for a top 4 finish.

yet we’re still chasing our tails and apparently a collision.
I am not deflecting the issue mate, I know we need to change the coach asap, either start with his assistants at the end of this season (if we cant get rid of him and get a suitable replacement at the right price) or toss him out with his assistants (if we can).

Players overcall the game plan all the time, in fact they have a special call for it that allows a half to overcall the plan if they see something is on and the Fake should follow the overcall. They can use it if they see something is off too. A coaches game plan doesnt consist of that much control for every single play in a game that it removes the ability for the players to make any decisions.

lingard

Coach

That's fair enough. But if the whole team (or even a fair percentage of them) are lacking confidence, couldn't we be looking at the coach and asking why?

IFR33K

Coach

Lack of leadership from the coach, inept game plans, basic structures, not choosing the best 17 and misuse of the bench will all take its toll on the players. Plus they’re still trying to work out what ‘chasing the collision’ actually means.

Soto

Bench
Lack of leadership from the coach, inept game plans, basic structures, not choosing the best 17 and misuse of the bench will all take its toll on the players. Plus they’re still trying to work out what ‘chasing the collision’ actually means.
Apart from the obvious lack of game plan, the horrid use of the bench for the last 2 years is what makes this so much worse. The starting 13 players (fwds including Mahoney) become easily fatigued and there is little or no trust in those picked. So why does he keep picking them then?
It's taken all year to realise Makatoa is an honest reserve grader. He tries hard but Wiremu, Ogden and Rodwell should have seen more 1st grade than him.
Nuikore has also been below par.
I also remember Stefano when he was here got 30 secs in his 1st game.
His use of the bench is the worst in the league I'm afraid

King-Gutho94

Coach

It doesn't make sense to me.

Why is it we play our best when either we are written off or heavily criticised through the media after a shocking performance that sparks an attitude adjustment.

Then we seem to be at our worst after such a great win when confidence should be high or playing a lower opponent.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If Ciraldo lasts 5 years at Belmore he would have taken them to a GF at a minimum in the first 4 years.

Gus is too clever for his own good and impatient.

Gus sacked Ivan cleary 12 months after penrith made a preliminary final and beat the minor premiers in a Qualifying final away from home.

gaffer

Juniors
I put the entire loss to North Queensland solely on the Club.

To take a home game to the tropics, to play the only team in the NRL from the tropics, after previously only losing one other home game in the tropics, which ironically, was to that same team from the tropics, just beggars belief.

It was an appalling decision.
and i hope its the last time We should play melbourne there