What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'll ask again because you might have just forgotten to answer despite quoting my post...

Do you think Drown should have noticed that Jake was struggling, overcalled him and taken some control AND are you happy with Drowns limited involvement as first receiver in the first half?
I said i thought he played poorly, but why is up it our 22 year old half to start over calling the coaches son 10 mins into a game???

How hard is it for the coach to send out a message if he’s not happy with how the team are playing??? I mean surely a 9 year coach can see it??? I mean in games when we play side to side rubbish why doesn’t Moses a 10 year NRL half start straightening up the attack. I mean because it’s so easy and all………

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree - it simply must have been, if that's the way they played in the first half.

The players (including a 50 game youngster) simply just don't have the confidence (or authority?) to step away from the game plan and risk coach's displeasure after 10 mins even when it's so obviously not working - not without the coach's say so (via messages from the trainers).

And I hate to say it but... especially when to step away from the game plan after 10 mins would involve diminishing the intended role of the coach's son. (Which also may have clouded BA's judgement about how long to give that game plan before getting the message out to change it - which seemed to happen at half time.)
Every game plan involves players making decisions. From the dummy half choosing which way to go, to any given ball player choosing whether or not to offload. They’re not robots or characters in a computer game. For this reason it’s impossible to tell what is the game plan and what is a player doing his own thing.

Chipmunk

Coach
Agree. I reckon he would be the type that work for 2 or 3yrs then annoys everyone.
I'd like Slater.
I'd like Wayne Bennett, with Bellamy and Robinson his two senior assistants.

You have to be realistic.

I think Bennett, Bellamy or Robinson are more chance of coaching Parra than Slater.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You got to give it to the Dogs. They get the business done. They have a Gen Manager that knows talent. They will be a top 6 side next year maybe even top 4. Then you have the morons running our club. No f**ken idea. Idiots thought they were in the movie money ball when they tried to screw over Papalli. Amateurs!
It’s not like he’s going to a well run club. When a player leaves for a weaker club you should assume he’s getting paid too much.

Chipmunk

Coach
It's also the nature of the other losses to North Queensland, Souths, Brisbane and Souths again which have people (well me) most concerned about whether we've gone backwards from last year.

If we add those to the losses against bottom eight sides, do we have a decent sample size of who played halves in those? Either way, I know the same person was coach for all of those losses too...
I put the entire loss to North Queensland solely on the Club.

To take a home game to the tropics, to play the only team in the NRL from the tropics, after previously only losing one other home game in the tropics, which ironically, was to that same team from the tropics, just beggars belief.

It was an appalling decision.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Much to many people's objection I hope we go all in for Flanagan...astute footy mind.
Couldn't care less what he's done in the past. Served his time. There is no one else and he's been there done that
But these idiots want f**ken Ciraldo because of his premiership credentials ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don’t think it is.

the club has made decent signings since Gus came on board.

they’ve been at the bottom for a few years now. It’s not like they can be deregulated.

all this while we’ve sat on our hands.
Crow about your f**ken Bulldogs when they finish above us on the ladder.

emjaycee

Coach
I said i thought he played poorly, but why is up it our 22 year old half to start over calling the coaches son 10 mins into a game???

How hard is it for the coach to send out a massage if he’s not happy with how the team are playing??? I mean surely a 9 year old coach can see it??? I mean in games when we play side to side rubbish why doesn’t Moses a 10 year NRL half start straightening up the attack. I mean because it’s so easy and all………
I must of missed where you said in reply to my questions that Drown played poorly. Sorry mate, i need to get better at reading between the lines. Some posters are so good at it that they can even infer things that arent intended if it suits their argument... go figure hey.

And yes, I agree, a coach of 9 years should know when something in his plan isnt working and send out revised instructions. Buggered if I know why BA doesnt/didnt. Maybe its like you say and he would rather give his son more time in the spotlight then win the game.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And only six losses. It’s statistically insignificant. Ricky Stuart won 7 of his first 8 finals matches. Eight games is meaningless.
2 from 8, thats pretty good. Even better when you consider all the bad luck. I reckon we should extend him even further TBPH.

emjaycee

Coach
I put the entire loss to North Queensland solely on the Club.

To take a home game to the tropics, to play the only team in the NRL from the tropics, after previously only losing one other home game in the tropics, which ironically, was to that same team from the tropics, just beggars belief.

It was an appalling decision.
Made by the NRL against the wishes of the club.

Latest posts