What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

MugaB

Coach
no, hence why they are making their base somewhere that is appealing to star players and their families to live.
Panthers finally woke up to spending on development, helped by the reemergence of their pokie empire to fund it. They had the biggest jnr participation number in the country, and finally realized it was time to tap into it.
Fact remains it will be far easier for tigers to sign stars being based at Concord than at Campbelltown. And its very close to Commbank which they will hopefully make home now the suburban stadium strategy has fallen in its face.
I do agree about their identity though, and they are not alone wit that in Sydney, its all over the place and doesn't really work well for the 21st century and how Sydney is growing.
Hombushs Accor stadium is literally next door, they should be using that over bankwest,
Bulldogs and Tigers at homebush stadium, souffs and rorters at SFS, dragons @ WIN moreso, everyone else stays where they are

If the tigers get their shit together they could get 30k to Accor most weeks, same as the dogs, both teams are very well supported in sydney, just at the low end of the ladder right now,
I would suggest forget some liverpool share stadium idea, and properly fix accor to serve 75k as a refurbishment, maybe add that roof, and when those 2 teams start winning homebush should start seeing crowds again, trouble is its too big for club matches as the oval configuration, and if they could add seating to the arcs of the oval you'd actually increase the capacity, plus bring the crowd closer to the field (ala bankwest)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hombushs Accor stadium is literally next door, they should be using that over bankwest,
Bulldogs and Tigers at homebush stadium, souffs and rorters at SFS, dragons @ WIN moreso, everyone else stays where they are

If the tigers get their shit together they could get 30k to Accor most weeks, same as the dogs, both teams are very well supported in sydney, just at the low end of the ladder right now,
I would suggest forget some liverpool share stadium idea, and properly fix accor to serve 75k as a refurbishment, maybe add that roof, and when those 2 teams start winning homebush should start seeing crowds again, trouble is its too big for club matches as the oval configuration, and if they could add seating to the arcs of the oval you'd actually increase the capacity, plus bring the crowd closer to the field (ala bankwest)
Accor is shthouse, no-one should be using it. It doesnt look like that will change.
ergo Commbank is the best RL club stadium in Sydney, use the bloody thing!

MugaB

Coach
Accor is shthouse, no-one should be using it. It doesnt look like that will change.
ergo Commbank is the best RL club stadium in Sydney, use the bloody thing!
Its fine that they use bankwest/commbank whatever, but until homebush gets sorted, and when its eventually done they should be the primary tenant there

If the govt fix Accor, then every team in sydney is sorted, they'll be 4 major stadiums all in alignment in sydney west to east
Penrith, Parramatta, Homebush, City.... housing up to 7 teams, (dragons 3 @ sfs )

NRL can fund upgrades to Brookvale and Cronulla, and whatever else they want to fix, if they can buy a hotel in brisbane, they can fix their own exlusive stadiums

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
Gus Gould will, i remember hearing he is focusing on the liverpool area regarding junior pathways and pushing south west too, thats suppose to be wests area of macarthur, but these days there's really no borders with scouts, never really has been, its a smart move considering the tigers have never really embraced that area in the merger, happy to sit near Ashfield, and base out of concord,
I get why they do it, i dont exactly agree with it, but the balmain side of pathways are stretching from Carlingford, Eastwood, Ryde to Rozelle, they move to macarthur, might aswell hand roosters the brand, the magpies used concord oval (St.Lukes park) in the early decades of their existence, before going to Pratten park in Ashfield, then again pushing out further west to Lidcombe, before settling in Campbelltown over the century, having their Centre of Excellence in St.Lukes park, or Concord Oval is nod to their history, plus being closer to the Balmain area, see lotsa folks think its just about the tigers wanting to be near the city for corporates, but in 1908 when both these clubs started/existed, "the western suburbs" was Concord and Ashfield, as sydney grows the suburbs kept growing west...
The Wests Tigers will always use that as a reasoning tool, to never move permanently to campbelltown, but i did hear quotes of their lee hagenpantalis saying they plan to host more games in the future

I am certain that the Bulldogs will eventually do that as well. Sure Gus Gould might be annoying as a commentator but you can’t say that he doesn’t have intelligence.

Colk

First Grade
Its fine that they use bankwest/commbank whatever, but until homebush gets sorted, and when its eventually done they should be the primary tenant there

If the govt fix Accor, then every team in sydney is sorted, they'll be 4 major stadiums all in alignment in sydney west to east
Penrith, Parramatta, Homebush, City.... housing up to 7 teams, (dragons 3 @ sfs )

NRL can fund upgrades to Brookvale and Cronulla, and whatever else they want to fix, if they can buy a hotel in brisbane, they can fix their own exlusive stadiums

I like your confidence MugaB but the government has changed their planning from originally fixing up Accor, to going with funding a few smaller stadiums to now reneging or at the very least delaying that funding.

It would require a complete 360 in social/economic and political circumstances to go back to funding upgrades in Accor as well as funding Penrith. I don’t see it in the short term and if they did they would want 3 or 4 tenants (probably Souths/Dogs and Tigers) playing at Accor for it to work.

I would like the NRL to own a stadium - I think the best option would be Commbank or somewhere else in West Sydney with a couple of tenants playing there.

It’ll be interesting how Manly and Cronulla fit into this whole strategy.

Frank Burge

Juniors
I don’t think they could buy Commbank as the land is part of Parramatta Park , even the leagues club is on 99 year lease I believe

Colk

First Grade
I don’t think they could buy Commbank as the land is part of Parramatta Park , even the leagues club is on 99 year lease I believe

Oh ok. Maybe a stadium in the south west then. I know it was tossed up last year or earlier this year I think. Obviously depending on where you put it you could have 2 or 3 tenants there

Colk

First Grade

Tigers new centre of excellence maybe isn’t so excellent

Is James Hooper the biggest f###wit in the world (rhetorical question). All of his articles are either throwing mud at the Tigers (people at that club have probably told him that to his face) or talking about how great the Roosters are (probably because they are the only club who talk to him). His agendas are so transparent.

Wb1234

Referee
Is James Hooper the biggest f###wit in the world (rhetorical question). All of his articles are either throwing mud at the Tigers (people at that club have probably told him that to his face) or talking about how great the Roosters are (probably because they are the only club who talk to him). His agendas are so transparent.
True

but the thing about Benji is ridiculous

Wb1234

Referee
I think more Sydney clubs should take their home games against the chooks and south’s to allianz

just smart business

MugaB

Coach
I think more Sydney clubs should take their home games against the chooks and south’s to allianz

just smart business
But only If you know you can win the game,.... NRL can't promise that, anyone can beat anyone on their day... roosters and rabbits aren't bottom 4 clubs, you never give an opposition home ground advantage... thats insane.... and losing games is NOT smart business

Latest posts