What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 V Warriors

WestyLife

First Grade
How can you disagree when people on here are already blaming kenny and api hasnt left yet lol...

Like seriously..its a doomsday on here from some re the hooker situation.

And trust me i know how good api is..

Ive always maintained hes the best 9 in the game. As i have with kiks. Best 2nd rower in the game..

Theres a lot i could say about next year... but why worry about that right now.

Lets enjoy right now.. we have a great team.

Of course i will miss api and kiks. But they have a job to do this year.

Next year will show us what ivan is made of

Fear over losing the best hooker in the game seems reasonable to me. Maybe they'll blame Kenny but if he won't pick himself in the position. He could keep playing his current role just fine.

That comment from mx also wasn't blame it was just concern over selections.

Girds89

Bench
@mxlegend99 it's not that controversial since he's a lock they've tried to force into a hooker. He's all effort and I love him for that but Luke will need to do the job as he's at least a natural 9.
Whys kenny not a natural 9?

Hes passing is crisp. Hes tackling is elite. He just doesnt posses the attacking ability of api and the top 9s..

The way i see it is this.

Kenny will probs be on 180k
Luke 150k next year..
Thats max for both.

To keep api we would have to fork out maybe 750 to 850.

Kenny is a 9.5/10 defender for a 9
Creativity as a 9 is probs a 3/10 he isnt trash. He has set up tries for us as shown this year in limited mins.
Running game as a 9 is probs 2/10 yet as a lock or b smith like prop its maybe a 7/10..

So overall hes probs a 6.5/10, 9 or benchie.

Lukes defence is maybe a 4.5/10
Creativity is a 8/10... maybe higher.
Running game as a 9 is 7.5/10

So overall hes probs a 6.5 to 7/10 9.

Neither of them are api.. but if ivan cleary can get his rotations right and they both stay fit he should be able to use them effectivley.

Kenny to take the sting out and luke to bring the attack.

Anyway... lets get it 2022

Murraymob1

Juniors
I could be wrong but I doubt Luai plays next week. Salmon/Sullivan halves. I reckon this is the reason Salmon was 'rested' this week.

Wrap Api up in cotton wool too.
I think Yeo rest as well Crighton is banged up coped a few head shots tonight would not be surprised if he is rested as well

Girds89

Bench
Fear over losing the best hooker in the game seems reasonable to me. Maybe they'll blame Kenny but if he won't pick himself in the position. He could keep playing his current role just fine.

That comment from mx also wasn't blame it was just concern over selections.
Haha cmon westy.

Seriously.

I read a lot on here. Things i read often align a lot with what commentators say.

For example... last year early in the piece the twits annasta and ennis that actually have no idea about our dna as a club... what makes us so good... said critta or staines have to be fb.....

They just laid the boot into dylan any chance they got.... guess which two commenators this year have frothed edwards...

Every week i hear ennis say sometjing about our dna and edwards.

Kenny imo has our dna. He lacks the flair and attacking ability. But he CAN do a job. He is not trash and to label him that is completley disrespectful by mx and just wrong.. STOP comparing him.to api people. Hes on minimum.

And i like mx's post..hes a good footy brain, solid posts..probs had me on block since last year when he got upset over our disagreements but i enjoy 95% of his posts... but thats avg to label a minimum hooker trash.

Like theres a lot of 9s who are on more than kenny who kenny is 10x better than

age.s

First Grade
Fmd the bunker is obnoxious. In what world can they rule on Kikaus "bat on" and not every other pass that travels 5 meters forward that the ref misses? I'm not going to get conspiratorial, but the idea we get a soft ride from the officials is laughable.

Anyway good performance. Great to see Luai and Fish come back very strong. Smiths miss was horrible but he recovered pretty well I thought, some good hits and strong carries. From the 20 minute mark it was a very complete performance, with no passengers. Against weak opposition it was just what we needed.

Just hoping Spencer and Api pull up ok. I'd expect both will get the next week off.

kinghippo

Juniors
Great to see luai moving freely first game back. Plenty of players seemed to shake off a bit of rust, May, Crichton and to’o showed some good form along with the fish.

Munky

Coach
Yeo hasn't played with our first choice spine at club level consistently since Origin started.

When the choice is giving the ball to SOS or Salmon the best option is to tuck it and go hard at the defence.

Girds89

Bench
Imo weve looked our most dangerous EVER when api and edwards do their thing back through the middle of the ruck.

All the outsude backs contribute. But really its those two that get the dice rolling..

I havent really seen us play like that with nath and luai there. Api will go to them....

Imo api needs to be backed.

He HASNT kicked all year till nath was out.

Api HASNT gone thru the middle like he has witj nath out.

Edwards similar.

Imo the two blokes we need to back are api and edwards.

When we are against it in week 1... i want to see api and edwards play back through the middle and so their thing... you just cant minimise how important those plays are..

Kilkenny

Coach
I'd say he's not playing next week
I’m not really a fan for resting players if there fit but given it is an away game to Townsville and if we are backing up on the Friday night then perhaps there us some merit in resting certain players.

Not sure what to make of tonight, probably have to watch a replay.

Caught some of the Storm v Roosters game at the Grey Gums and that seemed to be played at another level of intensity. Whether that’s a good or bad thing time will tell I guess.

snickers007

Juniors
They score a lot of points but are boring to watch

I’m going to watch a King of Queens repeat until the next game starts

I know this is bait, but I agree with you. We are a boring team. Doesn't help that most of our games have zero tension.

I find myself tuning out most of the time.

For what it's worth, I also feel asleep after 15mins in the Eels v Broncos game last night too, so maybe it's just me.