What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 V Warriors

Munky

Coach
Best game I’ve seen Luai play in some time. He looked extremely dangerous every time he had the ball in hand.

Good to see May and To’o end their respective try scoring droughts also.
Luai was great.

One has to wonder how many other niggles he was carrying and the main injury allowed to get right.

Iamback

Coach
Good to see some eyes up footy played tonight, That SOS try is the sort of try we have been lacking.

The attack with Luai is much harder to stop, A few times the defence rushed him. He just used his footwork.

With Salmon there he just took the tackle. Storm game was the perfect example

Kilkenny

Coach
Only 15 missed tackles tonight too.
I can’t say how the game would have looked on TV, Ivan seemed fairly happy given his responses in the press conference. Our go forward was good as always, but the Warriors line speed was ordinary. I thought we looked clunky in attack for large parts of the game and we simply scored thru having quality possession and field position Rather than structured attack but maybe I am expecting too much.

Iamback

Coach
I can’t say how the game would have looked on TV, Ivan seemed fairly happy given his responses in the press conference. Our go forward was good as always, but the Warriors line speed was ordinary. I thought we looked clunky in attack for large parts of the game and we simply scored thru having quality possession and field position Rather than structured attack but maybe I am expecting too much.

Luai back
No Api for the 2nd half the attack looking clunky was to be expected

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I think at times we lacked patience.

Warriors much better than last week.

Good to see right side attack get a number of tries.

The Realist

Juniors
Yeah we looked clunky at times, but that has simply been the nature of our attack at times over the last 2-3 years.

If anything the Panther Achilles heel has really been the 1st 20-25 mins. We take a while to warm into most games. If a team can hit us hard in that period like the Storm/Parra have, we are vulnerable. Otherwise we grind possession, physically dominate the opposition and eventually break them.

My post would be too long if I mention all the positives but the two that stood out for me.

1. To'o starting to find good form.
2. Luai's return was great. Instantly transformed the team.

The Realist

Juniors
I think Yeo rest as well Crighton is banged up coped a few head shots tonight would not be surprised if he is rested as well

Can confirm. He came up into the stands after the game pretty much right where I sit to take a photo with the FTA boys.

Up close he looked far more banged up than he did on the screen or TV. It really gave me respect for the warrior nature of the game.

Iamback

Coach
Whys kenny not a natural 9?

Hes passing is crisp. Hes tackling is elite. He just doesnt posses the attacking ability of api and the top 9s..

The way i see it is this.

Kenny will probs be on 180k
Luke 150k next year..
Thats max for both.

To keep api we would have to fork out maybe 750 to 850.

Kenny is a 9.5/10 defender for a 9
Creativity as a 9 is probs a 3/10 he isnt trash. He has set up tries for us as shown this year in limited mins.
Running game as a 9 is probs 2/10 yet as a lock or b smith like prop its maybe a 7/10..

So overall hes probs a 6.5/10, 9 or benchie.

Lukes defence is maybe a 4.5/10
Creativity is a 8/10... maybe higher.
Running game as a 9 is 7.5/10

So overall hes probs a 6.5 to 7/10 9.

Neither of them are api.. but if ivan cleary can get his rotations right and they both stay fit he should be able to use them effectivley.

Kenny to take the sting out and luke to bring the attack.

Anyway... lets get it 2022

He was a lock coming through the grades

Watch when he was 9 tonight, passes slightly not in the right area. Mean't the reciever was reaching and we lost some crispness

Iamback

Coach
You're the one in here blowing up about my opinion. Go having a sook to someone else. I didn't start this. You did.

You're sick and tired of reading other peoples opinions? This is an open forum as you said. If you have an issue with my opinion i really don't give a shit. Your opinion doesn't mean shit to me. Nor does anything you say.

You just dribble shit and dont like anyone who has a different opinion to you.

Kenny is trash. I stand by that opinion. If you disagree... That just makes me think your opinion has less credibility than i thought it did. And to be honest you didn't have much credibility with me to begin with

Welcome to the club

If Mitch Kenny is our first choice dummy half next year we are in massive trouble.
Michael Ennius said last night that Kenny service is too slow at hooker.

Girds89

Bench
He was a lock coming through the grades

Watch when he was 9 tonight, passes slightly not in the right area. Mean't the reciever was reaching and we lost some crispness

Yeo was a centre winger comung thru
Edwards a 5/8
Luai a halfback

Need i go on??

For a bare bones hooker hes ssrviceable.

Again, your post indicats you are comparing him to api cause hes passes arent as slick.

Api is the best 9 in the comp on 4 times what kenny is.

If instead you compared kenny to other players at his pay grade he does a great job.

Latest posts