What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 - Rabbitohs vs Cowboys: Saturday 27th August 7:35pm @Accor Stadium

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Last edited:

Eric the great

Juniors
Trell is looking after himself he has stated how much he loves playing finals and since he’s been at the bunnies he hasn’t played one through injury and suspension so he is being a bit cautious can you blame him watch him light up in a fortnight hope they rest him next week to make sure he is good to go.

callmack1

Staff member
Relief, elation, euphoria!! So many emotions after that one! Yewwww we got the win and booked our spot in the Finals! Signed, sealed, delivered, we'll be there. Wasn't pretty but we got the result we were after in a massive game under pressure. Beating the Cowboys who were running second and a genuine Premiership contender is no mean feat and that's a pretty hue scalp heading into next week and the Finals.

I think some people on other sites are being far too harsh on our performance. Yes, our attack was very clunky, but I put that almost solely down to missing Cookie. Anyone who thinks he's not a good dummy half, just watch that game. Without him, the service was just so slow from Havili and Nikorima and it really did cruel our attack. Cowboys have a rushing defensive style, and those constant slow balls gave them time to get in the face of the playmakers. So yea, our attack wasn't great, and we still made far too many unforced errors, probably lucky NQ were doing the same, but we still did enough to win without our hooker against a top 2 team. Should be bloody proud of that!

Defence was the real highlight. Two somewhat hail Mary tries conceded where we did clock off a little but aside from that we were pretty outstanding with the ball. Got put under a lot of pressure with our Season on the line against one of the best attacking teams in the comp but so many times, we kept turning up, held our nerve and held them out in spite of everything they threw at us. We kept gifting them field position but that's very impressive to keep a team like that to 10. A Finals worthy defensive performance.

Elated to confirm our spot in the Finals! Say what you like but nothing will change my mind that that was one hell of a win under the circumstances, and I am so f**king proud of my team. We closed out a tight, gritty, defensive focused game against a quality outfit and maybe that's exactly what we needed!

Enjoy this one. Be proud and get excited. I will be!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well what a win. Good atmosphere tonight good to see 15k there my voice is cooked well worth it. That was a very gritty and gutsy win against a top team. Some still not happy will never be happy, reason our attack looked so clunky was the service from dummy half was slow we missed Cookie greatly but we overcame it.

WE ARE IN THE FINALS BABY GO YOU GOOD THINGS!!!

Went to the post match members function too loved it. And yes Mamozelos will get some game time next week.

GLORY GLORY ALTOGETHER NOW!!!

Considering we lost all time great coach, halfback and a SOO centre…we were coming off a window of 3 prelims and a lost GF…we’ve been blooding a rookie coach and youngsters including the HB… think we’ve done really well this season.

We’ve lost three games by a single point. Played really clunky for the first two months. Missed Latrell for a period.

So to make the finals is a good effort. Deserved too. And us making the 8 where Brisbane probably won’t, hopefully puts that Adam Reynolds release to bed.

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbits20

Immortal
Latrell needs quality ball to do something and we lacked direction without Cook
despite people thinking he has none, those 15m passes out to Murray or Cody to start a set play are so vital to what we do and it showed last night
not trying to take too much away from Havili either, probably the buy of the year for mine but he isn’t a regular 9, he did his job well but just isn’t comparable to a representative hooker like Cook is, so much sharper and crisp with his passing

Eric the great

Juniors
I hope JD rests latrell and Cody so the grub jwh doesn’t go out and bait them and we spend the week worrying about the match review committee determining the team

Latest posts