What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

crocodile

Bench
His shit-stained Bandanna must have been covering his eyes in the second half. It was an OK performance against very poor opposition.
It's just a hobby. He's well kept by his Mrs. Still a wannabe though. Mrs Croc bought me one of his biographies last Xmas. f*ck it was awful. Had to pretend I read it just to keep the peace.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It's just a hobby. He's well kept by his Mrs. Still a wannabe though. Mrs Croc bought me one of his biographies last Xmas. f*ck it was awful. Had to pretend I read it just to keep the peace.
He came to our high school once. Would have been 1991 or thereabouts. I remember we all went down to the park and kicked a football. Stick have no f**ken idea why he turned up.

strider

Post Whore
FFS now she will think u liked it and get you more .... honesty is the best - " why the f**k would you buy me this merkin's book?"

84 Baby

Referee
I'd rather pretend that I read it than have conjugal rights diminished.
Communication is your friend. Just say to your other half you’d prefer to have conjugal relations with them than read a book. Put it a bit more poetically and it’s a sure thing

crocodile

Bench
Communication is your friend. Just say to your other half you’d prefer to have conjugal relations with them than read a book. Put it a bit more poetically and it’s a sure thing
I understand that f*ck is a fine example of onomatopoeia but that is my full extent of any literary expertise in the field of poetry. For now, a simple "Eh Sweetheart, how 'bout a shag" will have to suffice.

crocodile

Bench
It is...?
Of course. f**k and its derivatives are such a universal words that convey multiple yet unique meanings simply by context, vocal intonation and the words around it. For example:

f**k off = Go away
f**k me = Astonishment
Well I'll be f**ked = Sorry, you were right
Holy f**k = Sanctified sex or amazement
f**ked = tired, spent, done for
What the f**k = confusion
f**k !!!! = Hit thumb with hammer
Oh f**k = golly
f**k = did you see that
f**king bullshit = Bullshit in large quantities
f**k all = a paucity of something
f**kwit = A simpleton

And so on.

One more. A village in Austria.

Last edited by a moderator:

the phantom menace

First Grade
But... isn't onomatopoeia about words that imitate the actual sounds of the things they are referring to? Like "boom", "quack" , "buzz" etc.

So if "f**k" is a fine example, it means you're sounding the sound of the word is the sound you make when you are doing the action... and "f**k" is nothing like the sound I hear while I'm shagging?

crocodile

Bench
But... isn't onomatopoeia about words that imitate the actual sounds of the things they are referring to? Like "boom", "quack" , "buzz" etc.

So if "f**k" is a fine example, it means you're sounding the sound of the word is the sound you make when you are doing the action... and "f**k" is nothing like the sound I hear while I'm shagging?
It isn't the shagging. The word f**k has other meanings that have crept into our vernacular over time. For example "Oh f**k" conjures the expression of "golly" etc.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Good article about the importance of motivation, and explaining a theory for why we have good records against Panthers and Storm but f**ked up against Wests and Bulldogs earlier on.

And it reads like there can be a role for the coach/staff in (better) addressing such motivation, not just blaming it on players...

Latest posts