Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

carltonsouth79

I dont get it, all these things they are calling him, " a class dummy half " and " should be able to get the dragons pack on the front foot" my question is , has this happened at the Tigers and if so why are they wooden spooners. So what do we do with Mbye, Sullivan and Muhlheisen next year ???
That’s is the thing.I don’t mind this signing. I’m thinking Mbye is seen as a 14 for a range of positions, particularly, 6,7 and 1. Even when he was the bench hooker Maquire played dummy half as well. From other posts Muhlheisen seemingly a year away from firsts and while Bud can fill in at 9 not sure he’s a whole season player there.

dungay dragon

Guys
Mentioned on MMM this arvo Dragons Looking no further in their search for a new coach than Deano and Hornby to take over from Griffin at Any Time
Whether its as joint Coaches or Deano as Head wasnt made clear
Young Woolfe is also part of the future plan
Probably was always the favoured way and guessing Deano wouldve had some input in the mentoring of Sully , Amone etc etc as they were coming through the junior grades
Thinking that this might be expediated SOON to keep the youngsters happy
Interesting times ahead
My preference was always with a Slater type Coach but happy enough to give these two an opportunity as they both bleed red n white
Watch the journos haunting Hook run with this .......... 🤔 🤔 🤔🤔

Guys
Mentioned on MMM this arvo Dragons Looking no further in their search for a new coach than Deano and Hornby to take over from Griffin at Any Time
Whether its as joint Coaches or Deano as Head wasnt made clear
Young Woolfe is also part of the future plan
Probably was always the favoured way and guessing Deano wouldve had some input in the mentoring of Sully , Amone etc etc as they were coming through the junior grades
Thinking that this might be expediated SOON to keep the youngsters happy
Interesting times ahead
My preference was always with a Slater type Coach but happy enough to give these two an opportunity as they both bleed red n white
Watch the journos haunting Hook run with this .......... 🤔 🤔 🤔🤔
Thats a terrible decision if that is the case.
This thinking players that have bled red and white and excelled as players become coaches that turn players of today into doing the same thing for our club is 1960's'-1970's thinking.
Dean Young was someone without great ability gave it his all and some in our colours.
Captain courageous needs no introduction..however
Because these 2 coached Under 20's and bit of reggies together does not translate to success.
If we want success... well we have to go out and pay for it

dungay dragon

Thats a terrible decision if that is the case.
This thinking players that have bled red and white and excelled as players become coaches that turn players of today into doing the same thing for our club is 1960's'-1970's thinking.
Dean Young was someone without great ability gave it his all and some in our colours.
Captain courageous needs no introduction..however
Because these 2 coached Under 20's and bit of reggies together does not translate to success.
If we want success... well we have to go out and pay for it
Agree with most BLM but we are talking Dragons Footy n Boards....
A Robinson or Slater would lift the place to a whole new level , not seen since Bennett , but as previously stated unlikely to happen that scenario

Agree with most BLM but we are talking Dragons Footy n Boards....
A Robinson or Slater would lift the place to a whole new level , not seen since Bennett , but as previously stated unlikely to happen that scenario
Tbh, I'm warming to the idea of a Young/Hornby coaching tag team. Both of them would have run through a brick wall with a Red V on and they will have both benefitted from some time away from the club. I'm not convinced that the likes of Robinson would thrive outside the rarified atmosphere of Bondi and the shade of their salary sombrero, Slater is untried at club level and I can't think of anyone else I'd want near the place. We've signed some great "outsider" coaches in the past - Jack Gibson, Roy Masters and Ted Glossop to name but three - and they won us bugger all. Bennett won it for us but could have won it twice and then gutted the place when he left and handed us the poisoned chalice that was Steve Price.
Whichever way it goes, I'm just hoping that the end result is that we become a competitive side again - like we were for pretty much every season from 1999 to 2011.

jak

Tbh, I'm warming to the idea of a Young/Hornby coaching tag team. Both of them would have run through a brick wall with a Red V on and they will have both benefitted from some time away from the club. I'm not convinced that the likes of Robinson would thrive outside the rarified atmosphere of Bondi and the shade of their salary sombrero, Slater is untried at club level and I can't think of anyone else I'd want near the place. We've signed some great "outsider" coaches in the past - Jack Gibson, Roy Masters and Ted Glossop to name but three - and they won us bugger all. Bennett won it for us but could have won it twice and then gutted the place when he left and handed us the poisoned chalice that was Steve Price.
Whichever way it goes, I'm just hoping that the end result is that we become a competitive side again - like we were for pretty much every season from 1999 to 2011.
great post mate

thebigredv

There's a few options for coach. The young players will be a magnet for a decent coach. Unfortunately the proven coaches are untouchable but if we can get an up and comer with a bit of nouce, it can quickly change the momentum and get a hype going about the place. This buzz will attract talent and a breath of fresh air through the joint which has become as stale as year old bread.

Watching the finals teams, we are at present a half dozen experienced quality players off a decent football team. That we are battling the salary cap, which is about to be increased, says it all about the hopeless management of the club. As a club we face one fundamental fact: we have to get in a new board and CEO. The longer it is put off, the longer the pain will continue.

Hornby and Young are also basiclly untried as 1st grade coaches either.
Slater would bring some smart assistants with him

RedVee_8

I’ll be watching for someone to declare “we will never win a premiership with Hornby as coach”

Qdf

There's a few options for coach. The young players will be a magnet for a decent coach. Unfortunately the proven coaches are untouchable but if we can get an up and comer with a bit of nouce, it can quickly change the momentum and get a hype going about the place. This buzz will attract talent and a breath of fresh air through the joint which has become as stale as year old bread.

Watching the finals teams, we are at present a half dozen experienced quality players off a decent football team. That we are battling the salary cap, which is about to be increased, says it all about the hopeless management of the club. As a club we face one fundamental fact: we have to get in a new board and CEO. The longer it is put off, the longer the pain will continue.
Hopeless management of the CLUB. We have to get a NEW Board." You got that right. "