What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Illusion

Bench
So he's 25 and only played 40 games in the NRL , and we should chill out.

Yeah, nah.

He couldn't make it at the Warriors, what makes you think he will now. 25 years old isn't a "prospect".

You're right on one point tho, he won't break the bank. So he's a cert to sign.
Agree mate , he won't cost much , and in hope that he might come good ..... But we seemto have a few of those type example, Burns , Tyrell Fuimaono the other bloke we got from Manly , his name just eludes me at the moment , but no big name signings .....

Last edited:

Mjab

Juniors
Just the journos on 360 , so often full shit

but saying Ryles next one off rank re quality assistant to head coach now
Manly looking at him as well Deano and Ben Hornby , Hannant

Ryles has had a good apprenticeship now
To me he should be next target in 24

Crush

Coach
Calm down folks, this guy is only 25 and played 40 games, he was a junior rep player so may work out to be a handy pickup and not break the bank. there are hopefully plenty more signings to come, they cant all be top tier....
If I had a dollar for every time I have heard this kind of comment on here when we sign another nobody. “They can’t all be top tier”
Lol

Appointing Flanno as our next coach seems to have gone off the boil. reason being he probably does not want the added stress that comes with the job.. having been there, done that. I like the idea of Ryles returning home, but all the talk is Deano will take over after Griffin, which could be as early as mid comp '23 if we have a poor start to the season..

possm

Coach
What is this obsession with Kyle Flannigan. Sharks, Roosters or Dogs did not want him.
Why should we?
Haas and Fifita would take up about 2 mill of our cap for us to buy them
We already have too many over paid players
I believe Sane Flannagan would get the best out of his son and he would be a cheap first-grade halfback competing with Sullivan for the NRL position.

We will be letting go a lot forwards Sims and possibly Su'A and Lawrie among them. We need to forget about buying average players and buy some marquee forwards to have any chance in 2023.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
I believe Sane Flannagan would get the best out of his son and he would be a cheap first-grade halfback competing with Sullivan for the NRL position.

We will be letting go a lot forwards Sims and possibly Su'A and Lawrie among them. We need to forget about buying average players and buy some marquee forwards to have any chance in 2023.
That's the most sense you've ever made Poss

It's still a no for me on Flannagan jnr

possm

Coach
Appointing Flanno as our next coach seems to have gone off the boil. reason being he probably does not want the added stress that comes with the job.. having been there, done that. I like the idea of Ryles returning home, but all the talk is Deano will take over after Griffin, which could be as early as mid comp '23 if we have a poor start to the season..
The Club doing its best to give old boy Craig Young his wish. No thought about what is good for our Club:

Griffin will go no better next season than what he did last season.

Dean Young will do no better than what he did when he last took over the head coach duties at the Dragons.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Paul Kent on 360 last night was complaining the Leichhardt Oval was charging $50 entry for the hill on Sunday. Holy hell that’s over the top!
just for interest sake, how much do we charge for Jubilee and/or Win outer ground?

I think $20 is about right but I’m out of touch. I’m old and soft now :) and sit in the stand.
I'd be fact checking that.
$30 I recall.

blacksafake

First Grade

Lawrie has been our best prop & finished the season well, did he not extend earlier in the season?
Can’t see him being let go.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
All this ranting about buying top tier players from now on. Great idea. But can someone please tell me who these available top tier players actually are? I mean actual names, because I don't think there is a whole lot of top tier talent out there that is genuinely available! I'm happy to be proven wrong.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Even if they were out there all our R & R want is to load our roster with cheap has beens because FO has messed up our salary cap.
Bit of a concern that ALL the Journos are in unison that Deano is on his way back to Us sooner than later
I guess the media blow torch will be eased once Hook has been shown the door and will follow him to his next venture

_Johnsy

Referee

We don't have a realistic chance in 2023, 7th at best. Even that's very optimistic.

Unsainty79

Juniors
A lot of our younger players, including Sullivan are managed by Crown Sports Management and they hold a lot of power at Manly - this is what some of the Fulton/Hasler fall-out is. If Manly lose Des and DCE or the Turbo's go, I reckon they will try and pluck some of the Dragons young kids.

possm

Coach
All this ranting about buying top tier players from now on. Great idea. But can someone please tell me who these available top tier players actually are? I mean actual names, because I don't think there is a whole lot of top tier talent out there that is genuinely available! I'm happy to be proven wrong.
Player names will come up as Clubs review their salary cap for 2023. I personally posted that Haas, Fifita, and Kyle Flannagan should be our targets for 2023.

Mojo

Bench
Th

There has not been a single shred of creditable evidence to support the rumour.
I also can't understand why we would want Kyle Flannagan when we already have two very capable halfbacks who are apparently engaged in an arm-wrestle for the position.
I don't see the point of nominating players we should buy when they aren't even available.
I haven't seen any evidence re Dean Young coming as our Head Coach either. All I've seen is no movement whatsoever regarding the Head Coach.
Wish lists and anti-wish lists aren't rumours.

Latest posts