What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 FW1 EF Sun - Sydney 14-30 South Sydney @ Allianz

Finals Week 1: Sydney v South Sydney

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fourplay

Juniors
Let's be serious, Roosters were without internationals and origin players Teddy, toupu, Collins, stilli, manu, Crichton, Suallii out of position and first choice centre Smith out and souths only won by 2 tries :D

A serous team ( Panthers, Cowboys, sharks, eels) would have put 50 on them, even the Titans or Tigers would have won that game.

It's super coach Robinson's fault for running out with a full strength team last week in a meaningless match that meant absolutely nothing and losing Manu. He risked everything for zero gain and suffered the consequences. He should have rested Manu, Tedesco and everyone else he could have last week.

taste2taste

Juniors
It's super coach Robinson's fault for running out with a full strength team last week in a meaningless match that meant absolutely nothing and losing Manu. He risked everything for zero gain and suffered the consequences. He should have rested Manu, Tedesco and everyone else he could have last week.
200% correct, in a nothing game both teams should have rested thier stars.

The Roosters threw everything into a nothing game with no long term view, now thier gone and serves them right

hineyrulz

Post Whore
f**k this thread where's the parasite v raiders thread I want to start sledging their bald heads mercilessly

Powerful: These Photos Of Frowning Bald Men Are A Sobering Reminder That  Sometimes Bald Men Are Sad

big hit!

Bench
Surely Lachlan Ilias is a lock-in for Rookie Of The Year now after today.

Kid has got some talent, but geez he has a bonehead play in him too. Did 3 today - the kick out on the full in the first half. Lucky nothing came of it. The drop ball off the kick off in the second half led to a try. Then the kick in goal for a 7 tackle set out more pressure on his team that wasn’t needed. If it was Penrith, they would’ve pulled the bunnies apart.

Lucky Cody was f**king on today to set up some tries.

Reflector

Juniors
Is there a better rivalry in sport than Rabbitohs and Roosters?

Every year I think the intensity of the rivalry has peaked bur every year it surpasses expectation.

Its beyond rivalry and become genuine hatred, and something that used to be more shared amongst the fanbase is probably even fiercer on the field now

I give shit to Roosters but we couldn't have such great games without them. See you round 1 next year
The stadium was literally ringing with noise at times this afternoon.

Is there a better rivalry in sport than Rabbitohs and Roosters?

Every year I think the intensity of the rivalry has peaked bur every year it surpasses expectation.

Its beyond rivalry and become genuine hatred, and something that used to be more shared amongst the fanbase is probably even fiercer on the field now

I give shit to Roosters but we couldn't have such great games without them. See you round 1 next year
Do you think the atmosphere in the crowd at our games has gotten darker over the years? Saw a few fans go close to blows

big hit!

Bench
Disagree.

The style is fine, nothing wrong with good hard footy. Crightons was a technique issue and teddy copped a high shot.

What we need to do is bank a few more points on the first half of season so we don't need to play at 100% for 8 weeks to even make the finals.

play a high risk aggressive style, expect big wins, and expect big losses when another team gives it back in spades

Valheru

Coach

Neither team knew there was nothing to play for until after the 24 hour cut off. In hindsight joey should have been cut prior to that and yes teddy and one other could have come out of the side before kick off.

I have a feeling there was some significant pressure on robbo to field a good team with the stadium opening.

At the end if the day we just need to not be in a position to have to win so many games at the end of year to ensure a finals spot. All 3 of our premierships under robbo have featured an end of season down period before ramping back up for finals.

big hit!

Bench
Well, it's hard to score when you have your reserve grade backline on the field.
At least souths can dream for 1 more week until the sharks give them a tickle up.

the roosters were just brought back to the rest of the comp, I.e., politis’ brown paper bags were taken out of the equation.

Valheru

Coach
play a high risk aggressive style, expect big wins, and expect big losses when another team gives it back in spades

That's the point.

Other teams are occasionally going to give it back and that's fine. We had to play like that for 9 weeks total (12 to win the comp) due to the situation we found ourselves in after 2 thirds of the season. You are just never going to be able to maintain that and always come out on top over that long a period so winning 8 was a very good effort. Ideally you would play like that over different 3-4 week periods over the season and then the finals.

Souths have had to do it once and I doubt they get anywhere near as "up" again next week.

BranVan3000

Coach
Do you think the atmosphere in the crowd at our games has gotten darker over the years? Saw a few fans go close to blows
Definitely. I used to sit with my Roosters mate 10 years ago in the Roosters fan section and you would cop abuse now and then but mostly light hearted, only ever one drongo wanted to escalate it - which was during the "take me now I have seen it all" moment.

Last few years though it feels like some stuff is gonna pop off everywhere. Especially as people leave the stadium

Its all pleasant when you're in a box though

horrie hastings

First Grade
Definitely. I used to sit with my Roosters mate 10 years ago in the Roosters fan section and you would cop abuse now and then but mostly light hearted, only ever one drongo wanted to escalate it - which was during the "take me now I have seen it all" moment.

Last few years though it feels like some stuff is gonna pop off everywhere. Especially as people leave the stadium

Its all pleasant when you're in a box though

Yeah, i had a drink at the Cricketers Arms hotel after the game and just as we were leaving two other Roosters supporters walked out behind us and every second word was F or C and this carried on all the way down the street, bloody embarrassing and unwarranted , then when i was buying wine for dinner on Crown St i had a nice friendly chat to a lovely Souths supporter outside the shop. Both experiences were poles apart from what i expected.

Latest posts