What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Illusion

Bench
There is no mention of what he will be doing next year, if anything at all and tbh I was a bit confused with his involvement in pathways, we never heard from him.
Yep still involved with the pathways walking along south Beach, like most of them at the club that don't do much but have some sort of title .....

Lovemedragons

Juniors
The decision is locked in and it always has been. Craig Young will have his son as our head coach whether he can coach or not. Craig, one of my all-time best props for the saints, was as useless as tits on a bull when he was head coach of the Dragons.
He was not a very successful coach but surely this is irrelevant as to whether his son can coach. if Dean Young is in any way responsible for the turnaround in the cowboys defence over the past year then he can coach us anytime he wants to.

RedVDave

First Grade
What do you know about Carr to slander him like this ? Seriously
Knew him very well in high school and a few years after he made his name through politicing his way to the top and not through ability the fact he's had 10 different jobs in as many seasons means people were sick of his BS and happy to give him the flick my opinion of him won't change.

denis preston

First Grade
Knew him very well in high school and a few years after he made his name through politicing his way to the top and not through ability the fact he's had 10 different jobs in as many seasons means people were sick of his BS and happy to give him the flick my opinion of him won't change.
Will admit he has been around but isn't it like 8 years coaching experience rather than 1 year x 8 ? He was under Flanagan at the Sharks so if he was a flop you would think the club had his opinion before signing him up. Left England only due to personnel reasons. A bit more about him below. Defence coach ?

Ryan Carr branded 'hot favourite' for Leeds Rhinos head coaching role - Leeds Live
Ryan Carr has been labelled as one of the frontrunners for the Leeds Rhinos head coaching role. According to the Daily Telegraph, the 33-year-old is one of 'several candidates' being considered for the position as the Rhinos begin their search to replace Richard Agar.
Carr is no stranger at Headingley having worked on the coaching staff in 2019. The Australian was head coach of the club's dual-registration partner, Featherstone Rovers, and worked with Richard Agar following his appointment as interim head coach. Daily Telegraph reporter Dean Ritchie has branded car the 'hot favourite' for the post.

After guiding Fev to the Million Pound Game that year, Carr returned to Australia and linked up with Parramatta Eels, where he is highly regarded. A former player for South Sydney Rabbitohs and West Tigers, Carr is now coach of Parra's NSW Cup team and part of the first-grade coaching staff.
Read more: Leeds Rhinos next head coach odds as clear favourite emerges

The Rhinos hierarchy are currently considering their options following Agar's resignation and have put Jamie Jones-Buchanan in charge as they plot their next move. They face Castleford Tigers in the Challenge Cup this week before hosting Super League champions St Helens next week.
At this stage, the Rhinos are not thought to have their mind set on who will take over. Instead, they will spend the week planning their point of attack.

But Carr could well come into their thinking having made an impression during his brief time at the club. He did, however, return to Australia after just one year due to family reasons.

Parko1310

Juniors
As long as Carr doesn't bring someone like Nathan Brown with him from the eels you've got to at least give him a go I'd say. He's a lot younger than our previous AC's and so should bring some more modern ideas. Also coming out of a top 4 system, albeit one that isn't all that successful.

Mjab

Juniors
If parra gets knocked out this week I think real pressure on Brad Arthur and a change for Parra
I think he may have 1 y to run so even if they keep him they may want to discard him in a year anyway unless they win comp
Id be happy to pick him up as coach
seems to be able to attract and develop players
players seem loyal and he doesnt seem to bullshit

I think he would be a good pick up and maybe the best we could get

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
If parra gets knocked out this week I think real pressure on Brad Arthur and a change for Parra
I think he may have 1 y to run so even if they keep him they may want to discard him in a year anyway unless they win comp
Id be happy to pick him up as coach
seems to be able to attract and develop players
players seem loyal and he doesnt seem to bullshit

I think he would be a good pick up and maybe the best we could get
He's been at Parramatta a long time, and it would probably be good for both Parramatta and Brad Arthur to try something different. That said, I don't think he's the right coach for us. Whoever comes in has to deal with our Board of Directors, and it took someone of Bennett's stature to do that effectively.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
One thing about Brad Arthur is he does bring the best out of players as Papalii and Lane a great examples coming from Warriors and Dogs to be world beaters. RCG was also on a bit of a slide before he came to Parra. He also does will in promoting juniors. He would not be a bad fit at the Saints but reminds me of Brian Smith and one of those guys that will have teams firing but just won't finish the job with a premiership. He has a great chance to break his duck this season.

redv13

Bench
One thing about Brad Arthur is he does bring the best out of players as Papalii and Lane a great examples coming from Warriors and Dogs to be world beaters. RCG was also on a bit of a slide before he came to Parra. He also does will in promoting juniors. He would not be a bad fit at the Saints but reminds me of Brian Smith and one of those guys that will have teams firing but just won't finish the job with a premiership. He has a great chance to break his duck this season.
If they lose on Friday night and I’d say that is very possible then BA will be sacked