What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

True_Believer

Juniors
Taking to a bloke today who should know and he tells me Griffin staying next year!
Yep - I read somewhere the other day that Webb had confirmed it? His statement was something along the lines of "There is lots of speculation going around about Hook but I can confirm that he will be the Dragons coach in 2023". Not exactly those words but to that effect.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
He has only spent 2 seasons away from our club so I'd say he has a long way to go before completing his apprenticeship as far as cowboys success goes how many times have great assistant coaches turned out to be complete duds, Seibold, Price, Barrett, Stone etc. It would also scream jobs for the boys how many ex players have gotten roles us and it's been a failure? Not to mention no matter how badly he were to underperform his dad can continually bail him out and justify extensions excuses etc. Also Dean Young is a lot like his old man and how successful was Craig as coach? We've wasted enough time with unproven duds sure Hook was an experienced outsider and that didn't work out but it was at least something different whereas the jobs for the boys formula has proven even worse Brown, Price, Mary etc.
I just have a strong feeling he has the type of character and background to succeed as a coach in the NRL, and I‘d prefer to see him succeed with his playing career club, regardless of all the nepotism talk.

thebigredv

First Grade
St George Illawarra's coaching shake-up is complete, with the club appointing experienced Queensland Cup mentor Ben Woolf and Parramatta assistant Ryan Carr to work with Anthony Griffin next year.

Give them a go for sure, but you really get a sense that this is shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic. At least I do.

qld redvee

Juniors
Give them a go for sure, but you really get a sense that this is shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic. At least I do.
big red like to think someone ( apart from griffin) is behind these signings .. Ryan Carr seems to have good credentials AND they are both "outsiders" Maybe there is a shuffling of the deck chairs and Captain Hook will walk the plank ......

Gareth67

First Grade
Has anyone seen what the old girl - Titanic - looks like nowadays ? It hardly has any resemblance whatsoever to a ship , let alone the pride of the White Star Line , but as said by others , a wreck as is our club , once the pride of the rugby league .

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
big red like to think someone ( apart from griffin) is behind these signings .. Ryan Carr seems to have good credentials AND they are both "outsiders" Maybe there is a shuffling of the deck chairs and Captain Hook will walk the plank ......
Yes and our current JF and KOE cup coaches moved nback to SG Ball coaches and pathways.
New JF and KOE cup coaches to be announced.

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
St George Illawarra's coaching shake-up is complete, with the club appointing experienced Queensland Cup mentor Ben Woolf and Parramatta assistant Ryan Carr to work with Anthony Griffin next year.
One thing I will say, Ben Woolf looks a good interim coach for when Griffin gets sacked during the 2023 seasons