What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Raiders GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 16/9/22

Gronk

Staff member
I predict that you will become more annoying as the years clock by and an even bigger know it all. You will continue to tell everyone what's right and what is wrong.

For you are LORD OF THE IDIOTS
4/10 you can do better

IFR33K

Coach
It wasn’t a crash play. Matterson who was first receiver just hit the lead runner (Paulo) instead of going out the back. Very different to Mahoney’s crash balls on the line.

yep. And honestly I can’t even recall too many crash plays. I reckon against Penrith there was one set where all we did was crash plays. We need to play parra ball.

IFR33K

Coach
Not forward. But also no reason for Gtuherson not to put himself half a meter back. Watching him run I was thinking to myself get back a little.

Sivo also had his hand on the ball the whole time. I was stunned by that call.

I thought the sivo call was fair but the Gutho try was a huge bs call. If that was a try I say they were no chance of coming back but in fact scored a few set later to at least give themselves a small hope

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I also think amongst all those points we haven’t given credit to our defence. We shut down what was being talking about as the best front row pairing in the comp, and Tapine the best prop in the game. BA had a plan and the team executed.

9 out of 10 times Gutho makes that 1 on 1 he missed on Savage too. They could have been kept to zero.

our D the last 4-5 weeks has been terrific, and our scramble has been exceptional

Last time we kept a team to nil, we lost to nil the next week. Had to let them score

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Nah there was booing when he was shown on the screen during prematch. A family dressed in our colours two rows down from us booed him. The little boy who was 8ish followed Dad’s lead and booed him with two thumbs down. FMD there are some trash humans out there. Support your team you f**king hillbillies.

Yep, we had a group of boys aged from late teens to early-20s who all bood him during the team list announcement and throughout the match all they could talk about was young Arthur. They were obsessed, sad really that they are so caught up in 1 selection that they couldn't enjoy the win

yy_cheng

Coach
Did u guys see guth snub jake?

It happened on the left side i think sivo no try or one where we defended a raider was out in touch

Jake went over to congratulate the players and went to guth and guth just walked pass him

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

It happened on the left side i think sivo no try or one where we defended a raider was out in touch

Jake went over to congratulate the players and went to guth and guth just walked pass him
All good. Gutho tickled his ball bag 30 seconds later.

oldmancraigy

Coach

I'm pretty sure Guth booed him after he walked past.
Then some 8 year old in the crowd followed his lead and booed with 2 thumbs down.

I think I read a rumour on here that was Gutho's kid???

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What a great performance last night. Couldnt be more proud of the boys last night. With all the crap written about us, the talk of BA having not gone past week 2 of the finals, what pressure? The guys came out firing and proved they can do it. Before the game I was a little nervous, however I was confident knowing that they would quickly forget about last weeks performance and immediately focus on the next game.

The forwards were great, especially RCG And Lane. Brown was brilliant. Gutho was everywhere. I dont think they made a defensive mistake apart of Savage try.

Ive got to credit the scramble defense when they were going wide and we looked short for numbers, they didnt panic or rush up in defense. Blake and Sivo pushed the wingers to the sideline and the cheer when Rapana was into touch was great.

Great atmosphere too last night. So many happy people. The clap was great too lol. Full credit to some of the Raiders fans who took it on the chin and congratulated us when I was walking out of the ground.

I heard Arthur's press conference and to hear him say "You'll never break this group", gives me the confidence going into next week. Stuff those media merkins, Daily Telegraph, 360, 2GB. They have an agenda and create so much rubbish stories to put us off. If anything, it made us a lot better last night.

Proud of the boys last night. Bring on the Cows.

IFR33K

Coach

Ja wasn’t on for the sivo no try.

he was on when rapana passed the ball into ja’s head. Maybe then???

Latest posts