What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

JokerEel

Coach
Watching Payton with a bloody powerpoint presentation just before kickoff me laugh. The Cowboys players had to sit there nervous instead of getting ready. Bad plan.

JokerEel

Coach
Unsure how people don't think we looked rattled or nervous.
Moses kicked out on full twice which I don't recall him doing once this season.
I think we settled down in 2nd half and it was noticeable

We settled down in the second half big time the Cowboys though were spent.

strider

Post Whore
Watching Payton with a bloody powerpoint presentation just before kickoff me laugh. The Cowboys players had to sit there nervous instead of getting ready. Bad plan.
I noticed that too ... made me laugh ........ maybe he is the new brian smith

And there was a podium on the side with some merkin running the slideshow ... the players did look tight - but they obviously played ok

parra pete

Referee

He had his players eating paint off the wall. Our players were in the adjoining shed knitting.
Too hot for the Cowboys - they couldn't handle the conditions!!!!. Amazing how hot it gets when the 'blow-torch' is applied to the belly...

crocodile

Bench
A few observations.
. Congrats Elkin. Our boys footy fitness is amazing. Probably one of our best ever recruitments.
. Atkins performance disgraceful. How is this guy rated. Pathetic.
. Lane, Reg, Gutho outstanding. Ice, Paulo, Rheed not far behind.
. Waqa has to go. Hopefully Tom is fit and Bailey can take Waqas spot.
. Sivo still lazy as fu*k. Needs to do lots more.
. Ice and Lane's HIA potentially saved BA from having his bench and rotation totally exposed. Please rethink this strategy BA.
. Fox and 9s commentary teams are both awful.
. Moses magnificent. Two poor kicks otherwise he was great. Burried his Nan and had a baby via Facetime. What an effort to play. 2 thumbs up.
. Simonsson surprised. Must be retained on that performance.
. Drowns defence is elite. Period.
. Our team is very emotional. Loving their passion.
Lets bring it next week boys.
Drown's defence is elite. His passing game was on song too. Some great timing.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Social media claiming the Cowboys were robbed.

Well, how about these stats:

They had 54% possession over 80 minutes
They had 43 sets (compared to our 36)
1857m ran (1611m for us)
40 tackle breaks (31 for us)
100% kick defusal (to our 77%)
299 tackles made (to our 360)

They could have put us away... But weren't able to.

We deserve some credit for a mammoth performance.

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
I hear ya brother. Lost my Dad and mate on August 10. Tough! Blue &Gold funeral. Tonight meant lots. 😇

I am about to lose someone who I hold very dearly and unfortunately won’t make the Grandfinal. She is half the reason I am a Parra fan. Like I’m sure Moses felt after the game, I had a very strange mix of emotions pulsing through me last night.

Here’s to all our diehard loved ones we have lost along the way.

Chipmunk

Coach
The Cowboys first try was poor movements by Mahoney. He stood still which left a gap that invited Cotter to run. Unsure how others seen it. Yes Marata missed him but had Mahoney moved across I doubt Cotter decides to run towards the hole that he saw.

In general Mahoney played well. His blind side raids where smart. Only a stain is he bounces off tackles. His last month of footy has been quite strong. Not spectacular but much better.

Gutherson form has also turned around.

As great as Papali'i is if I was putting our forward in line right now for best this season he is 5th.

1. LANE
2. RCG
3.MATTERSON
4.JNR
5.PAPALI
6.MARATA

Marata and Mahoney both at fault. Gutho didn't do much wrong. Had to be ready for the kick.

Yep, Guth was criticised the other week for defending in the line for the Cleary kick. That was all on Mahoney and Marata.

I dont think it was any one persons fault ... and it was a smart strong run by cotter.
Rheed was moving with the ball, didnt realise gutho had slid behind.
Gutho was doing what he had to as a fullback, ready to pissbolt to the other wing if needed.
Marata was a little slow to fill the hole, but it all happened quick ... cotter was smart to see it and take advantage
I think with Gutho in the line at the time of the play the ball, and then rushing across to cover the kick, it left too large a gap between Mahoney and Niukore that just wasn't there 1/2 a second ago. I suspect either a lack of communication from Gutho to the others, or a failure to adjust from Mahoney and Niukore to cover.

Chipmunk

Coach

I noticed that too ... made me laugh ........ maybe he is the new brian smith

And there was a podium on the side with some merkin running the slideshow ... the players did look tight - but they obviously played ok
It seemed more motivational than tactical. It didn't seem to do them any harm, they came out pretty strong.

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
I dont think it was any one persons fault ... and it was a smart strong run by cotter.
Rheed was moving with the ball, didnt realise gutho had slid behind.
Gutho was doing what he had to as a fullback, ready to pissbolt to the other wing if needed.
Marata was a little slow to fill the hole, but it all happened quick ... cotter was smart to see it and take advantage

It was on Marata. He relaxed for a split second. He was also having trouble with his boots last night. These things happen.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Social media claiming the Cowboys were robbed.

Well, how about these stats:

They had 54% possession over 80 minutes
They had 43 sets (compared to our 36)
1857m ran (1611m for us)
40 tackle breaks (31 for us)
100% kick defusal (to our 77%)
299 tackles made (to our 360)

They could have put us away... But weren't able to.

We deserve some credit for a mammoth performance.
Gerard condon aka Reading the Play was embarrassing last night he was obviously drunk and lost a lot of dough on the cowboys.

Hs lost a lot of perspective in his tweets.