What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

Eelementary

Post Whore
Did you tell him to fk of?

I sure did!

He claims the Cowboys were robbed - I pointed out the stats, which showed they had more than enough opportunities to win, and he said the stats only paint half the picture.

Lol

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just read they had 74 tackles - 12 sets of 6 - in our 20. One of the best attacking teams in the comp. Unbelievable defence.

On another note, Todd Payten was really classy in defeat in the presser I thought. Even downplayed that forward pass. Did an amazing job getting them from 15th to the preliminary.
Like how Arthur's got us from 16th to week two of the finals in 2019?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Great that we gave Carty a run 😳 ... it was handy to have an edge on the bench tho when we had both edges had to go off. But you would have to think he is likely the only change for next week. Maka back or Nrown? Marata to cover edge if needed. Matto needs as much time in the middle as possible.
If Opacic comes back in (and he should if fit) Simonsson has to be in the 17.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Cowboys first try was poor movements by Mahoney. He stood still which left a gap that invited Cotter to run. Unsure how others seen it. Yes Marata missed him but had Mahoney moved across I doubt Cotter decides to run towards the hole that he saw.
I thought it was Niukore too slow/lazy into that gap. Gutherson even called him across. You see him pointing at the hole as he starts jogging across field.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Unsure how people don't think we looked rattled or nervous.
Moses kicked out on full twice which I don't recall him doing once this season.
I think we settled down in 2nd half and it was noticeable
The Cowboys' kick pressure was very good (too good?) but yes his execution was off. Nerves or poor mental preparation with the baby born just that day? He didn't let it stop him kicking that last conversion from the sideline. It was the biggest play of the night. Can you imagine how quick we would've let them play the ball if we were only up by two?

Latest posts