What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

Gazzamatta

Coach
Trying t
My mail is that they are trying to get CommBank opened but worse case, they will convert leagues club carpark into an event with 10m screens, liquor licence, etc.
Trying to get tickets tomorrow but its an option if we strike out. Ta mate.

Last Week

Bench
I'm not sure if I'm remembering this right, but do they convert a good chunk of the outside area into a beer garden?

Looking for a place for decent beers and food.

Last Week

Bench
This rivalry between Parra and Penrith has never reached the peak it has now where both teams are at the top.

3 finals and a GF within 12 months.

I suppose we always saw the Dogs and Manly as our 2 bitter rivals and Penrith as the local rival.

We have history in GFs with both of those in the 70s and 80s still talked about now.

But I reckon after next week regardless of the result Penrith will go from local rivals and it will join the Dogs and Manly status as a bitter rival which will last for decades.

Na, we don't hate Penrith. Sure they're a little bogan and annoying, but there's no hate. They hate us, but it's a similar relationship that a big brother and little brother have.

Think Francis and Dewey in Malcom in the Middle.

Just need to take our lead from the girls today.
They were paying $22 to win 13+
last week they were $128 to win the comp…

back yourself and anyone can win on the day
Just like the previous weeks. IF we turn up we can win. Players can’t let the game pass them by. They have to be in it from the start. There’s no time for stage fright, these moments don’t come by all to often.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I saw a headline from I.Cleary that Parra don't have the Mental Edge. I thought for a mind game, it's a pretty bad one. It's like Penrith are celebrating already, High St parade is ready.

lucablight

First Grade
I saw a headline from I.Cleary that Parra don't have the Mental Edge. I thought for a mind game, it's a pretty bad one. It's like Penrith are celebrating already, High St parade is ready.
The journos asked him if Parramatta hold a mental edge over the Panthers since they’ve been beaten by us twice. He was responding to a question. He said there was context around the losses eg The Cleary send off and there wasn’t a mental edge. I don’t think he was being disrespectful.

Sphagnum

Coach
The journos asked him if Parramatta hold a mental edge over the Panthers since they’ve been beaten by us twice. He was responding to a question. He said there was context around the losses eg The Cleary send off and there wasn’t a mental edge. I don’t think he was being disrespectful.
I’m going to omit this information at the lynch mob meeting tonight

the phantom menace

First Grade
With th eemotion of Friday night's win subsiding, the realisation that we are massive underdogs for a premiership win is sinking in - Panthers will rightly be smug, seeing that they handed our arses back to us in week 1 of the finals, just 3 weeks before the big one.

Angry_eel

First Grade
With th eemotion of Friday night's win subsiding, the realisation that we are massive underdogs for a premiership win is sinking in - Panthers will rightly be smug, seeing that they handed our arses back to us in week 1 of the finals, just 3 weeks before the big one.
Other than ego, I don't see what we have to fear. We've done remarkably well already. Probably need to watch all underdog films and think of David V Goliath this week for the religious people.

Kilkenny

Coach
Ivan Cleary was more than respectful. We all are. I think most fair minded Panthers fans respect what you guys have achieved to get to the GF. The game itself, I don’t really want to think about it, no point expending more nervous energy this early In the week.

Chipmunk

Coach
Souths did the same to them in Week 1 of the Finals last year.

lucablight

First Grade
I still find the rise of the Panthers to be inexplicable. Look at this team list from 2019 that lost to the Cowboys who came 14th (they finished 10th themselves).

The core of their current side is mostly there. Edwards, Crichton, To’o, Cleary, Fisher-Harris, Kikau, Martin, Yeo. They even had RCG on the bench! Whatever they did in the off season before 2020 is some kind of voodoo transformation.

Latest posts