What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Macca, Hunt and JDB
Please dont put Jack in the others category, specially Macca the snail. Every week Jack drives our forwards and even back line at times. He is tireless. Has the game's best tackling technique , a heart as big as himself and a devotion to the RedV. Politics and possibly the game's worst hair styles keeps JDB out of rep footy.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Would they be interested in a nearly 76 year old bugger with poor English and computer skills and raggedly presentation to boot?
You have the job , you can even join Hook's coaching staff ..... All you have to do is rock up at the interview with Hook and tell him you know absolutely nothing about coaching , then bingo , you have a coaching position ........

possm

Coach
Both will be more than a joke. Sully is the future along with promising Flegg half Braxton Wallace in my humble opinion. But we need Ben to mentor Sully next year.
Not enough effort is being put into hiring professional people to manage the Club. This is mainly because the Club is rotten at the top with the main concern of these people being self-interest.

For goodness sake, haven't people learned from past mistakes? No player is greater than the Club itself. Release Hunt on the Club's terms. If possible swap Hunt for a player we chasing now! Then use the surplus funds gained from letting go of players (including Sims 800k) to bolster our forward pack. For insurance hire an ex-first-grade halfback to back up Sullivan if this don't go smoothly or if he is injured.

I suggest we urgently get onto this before we lose some opportunities.

possm

Coach
If media reports are to be believed he was not wanted by Tigers or Dogs and clearly us as well. Whether it’s the lingering peptide issue or something else I’m not sure. I agree he seems very astute in commentary
We have previously approached the NRL requesting a waiver of his suspension from being a head coach. I imagine this was with the view of appointing Falannagan to that position of head coach. If my memory serves me well, this was when Flannagan was an assistant coach to Mary.

So, I don't get the current reluctance to hire him for the head coach position as he is a member of the football management staff. Unless of course, it is all about Craig Young wanting his son Dean to be the head coach. Or maybe, Flannagan does not want this position.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Not enough effort is being put into hiring professional people to manage the Club. This is mainly because the Club is rotten at the top with the main concern of these people being self-interest.

For goodness sake, haven't people learned from past mistakes? No player is greater than the Club itself. Release Hunt on the Club's terms. If possible swap Hunt for a player we chasing now! Then use the surplus funds gained from letting go of players (including Sims 800k) to bolster our forward pack. For insurance hire an ex-first-grade halfback to back up Sullivan if this don't go smoothly or if he is injured.

I suggest we urgently get onto this before we lose some opportunities.
Tyrone Roberts is being let go by the Broncs, maybe he could fit in your plan.

possm

Coach
Tyrone Roberts is being let go by the Broncs, maybe he could fit in your plan.
I wouldn't say no, it is a reserve grade backup position so if he is interested he would be a good fit. My first option would be Kyle Flannagan mainly because the Dogs don't want him and if he did come over, his father might decide to coach the Saints. I think Kyle has the goods but lacks confidence, and I believe his father could rectify that.

Well whilst on Flanagan's watch, would love to know the reason that Ngarima left even though in a 4 year contract.
Yes. Got excited when I heard he was on a long term deal. Was the kid shown the door due perhaps to poor conduct. Alltho a year older in Ball this season he did not look as effective as he was playing among same sized Pacific islanders.

Last edited:

Latest posts