What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Murraymob1

Juniors
So any ideas who the player could be? There has been a few guesses so far. I am sort of just hoping to resign all our players before any new signings, even though it was said to be a low end sort of a player.
It’s a old fat hooker called murraymob .i knew the opportunity would one day arrive.

Goonji

Juniors
Insurance. If Kenny gets injured long term a little bit of concern about Luke playing 80 minutes week in week out.

The club will either get the player I have been told about or a back up half that could cover hooker.

G’day Blade, who will be assisting Cleary now that Ciraldo and Webster are gone? Cheers

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s a old fat hooker called murraymob .i knew the opportunity would one day arrive.

Good for you.

Will you be like the player whom my older brother played with at Taree Old Bar in the mid 1970's.

After each game he would get two lead pencils and stick them (not pointy end in, but blunt end) up each nostril. ASking one and all it straight (meaning his nose) before grabbing a beer with one hand, and then lighting a ciggie.

Still with pencils up his nose......(I kid you not) 🤣

Interested to hear others’ thoughts on the order of priority we should assign to re-signing the “big 4” guys off contract from 2023 and why? To make it a level playing field let’s assume they would all accept a “fair market value” offer to stay

Interested to hear others’ thoughts on the order of priority we should assign to re-signing the “big 4” guys off contract from 2023 and why? To make it a level playing field let’s assume they would all accept a “fair market value” offer to stay
Personally I think Leniu is the priority; love the kid. Then Martin (as I think he will have longevity), the To’o (because I don’t think he will) and then Critta.

Personally I think Leniu is the priority; love the kid. Then Martin (as I think he will have longevity), the To’o (because I don’t think he will) and then Critta.
Interesting. Obviously I hope we keep them all but I’d rank them:

1. Martin: primarily ranking him here based on our edge depth. After losing Capewell and Kikau in successive seasons, losing another edge would be a massive blow. Hopefully Hosking and Garner play well next season but I don’t see an obvious answer to who would replace him in 2024.

2. To’o: probably should be lower from a pure needs perspective as Turuva could take his spot in 2024 and do well. I just love the guy though so I’m ranking him here, he’s easily my favourite current Panther. He showed throughout the finals that he is still elite and we’d absolutely miss his carries.

3. Leniu: ranked here due to front row depth. Eisenhuth or Blacker could do well in his spot but Leniu has the ability to become truly elite if he can increase his minutes and output. Would also be the cheapest of the 4 to retain.

4. Crichton: ranked here based on the cost to retain him. He’s already on big money and will probably want an upgrade on that. At his best he’s elite but he can be fairly hot and cold at times. He’s still young though, seems to lift for finals and is a handy back up goal kicker. We also don’t have great depth at centre and I’m not 100% convinced about Jenkins.