What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

With Staines likely to go Turuva is promoted to next in line if there’s an injury to either May or To’o (and also in the mix if a Centre or fullback is injured) Hopefully that’s enough to keep him happy for now given his lack of FG experience.

Murraymob1

Juniors
The rumour is true. Harry Hassett has backflipped on the Dolphins. He will be staying here next year.
Blade I am surprised more others have not back flipped for a kid it could be career suicidal as they are going to get flogged every game

WestyLife

First Grade
We are going in circles here. I apologise for offending black panther and yourself if I have. Maybe I was out of line and sorry if it made you angry.

I don't go to games. Screaming people, large crowds, queues, finding parking, overpriced low quality food, Poor view of game, dealing with the weather. I just watch on TV with a few frozen pies.

Not wrong on the food though the hot chocolate at Panthers in the rain during the Sharks game was a lifesaver.

mxlegend99

Referee
With Staines likely to go Turuva is promoted to next in line if there’s an injury to either May or To’o (and also in the mix if a Centre or fullback is injured) Hopefully that’s enough to keep him happy for now given his lack of FG experience.
Honestly I am not so sure May can rest and think he has that wing spot locked up. He was terrific early on. Without doubt.

But his form really dropped off in that second half of the season. Turuva could certainly make it hard for him to keep that spot, just as May did to Staines. To'o and Edwards have the runs on the board to be safe. But I wouldn't rule Turuva out of busting into the backline.

MugaB

Coach
Honestly I am not so sure May can rest and think he has that wing spot locked up. He was terrific early on. Without doubt.

But his form really dropped off in that second half of the season. Turuva could certainly make it hard for him to keep that spot, just as May did to Staines. To'o and Edwards have the runs on the board to be safe. But I wouldn't rule Turuva out of busting into the backline.
May has the hunger to probably take To'os spot, he is tough and breaks just as many tackles coming out of back field.. plus his combo with tago is pretty unique.. id expect he wants a ring too..

MugaB

Coach
Was originally against it but Turuva is a better player than Garner or Hosking so Tago moving into Kikau's spot might be the best option.
I would mind seeing that backline Romy/Tago/Turuva/May.. very fast very dangerous... then you got Nate/Marto/Critta/To'o on the other
Kiks does attract defenders tho.. runs o ver them too

Original Name

Juniors
Aside from money, why don’t good centres want to stay in the centres? It’s a key position and fullback is an entirely different set of skills.

I find it interesting that the centre position gets so little credit. It’s a key position in defence and in attack, your centres can create a lot of space and points.
Elite athletes want to test and challenge themselves. It's also a more enjoyable position to play because you get the ball more.

MugaB

Coach
I know Leniu want's to start and he deserves to. If the club has to make a call between Leota and Leniu then I would go Leniu. He is younger and has a higher ceiling.

All this discussion does is highlight why development is King. You can't be competitive if you don't keep producing new players because you will lose players under the cap. We now have lost seven starting players from our three grand final teams. Mansour, Tamou, Burton, Capewell, Momoroski, Kikau and Korasau. We have lost two bench players too. Tetavano and Naden.

You can see further problems coming to. How do we offer Turuva a career? Get rid of To'o or May?
The salary cap is so brutal. We have built this team and now we have to get rid of loved sons like Leota or Leniu to stay compliant. It sucks.
Leota monstered parra, i doubt he goes anywhere after that performance in the GF

Goonji

Juniors
A bit on Gardiner,
Well liked and respected. He has had numerous successes in the lower grades. An astute thinker who knows how to coach and is very good with attacking plays. Speaks well.
A good appointment. Webster mark 2.0 in some respects.
Thanks Blade

MugaB

Coach
A bit on Gardiner,
Well liked and respected. He has had numerous successes in the lower grades. An astute thinker who knows how to coach and is very good with attacking plays. Speaks well.
A good appointment. Webster mark 2.0 in some respects.
After seeing his comments after that cowboys vs tigers game... im very impressed with how he handled that situation, im also glad he is working along side Ivan, both have a good temperament

Last edited:

Black Panther

Juniors
My guess at the player we are looking at is either Crossland or ASI. Both limited First Grade experience plus both could cover Halves or Hooker.