What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Trifili13

Juniors
Perhaps Bennett’s mystique is fading given that both Munster & Hunt chose not to return to Queensland & extend prior to 1st November. Whatever influenced them it wasn’t money.
Could be. Could also be the journos making contract numbers up or Bennett not willing to pay ridiculous amounts that would stuff his salary cap. Unfortunately we will never know.

What I have most issue with is in a competition with a salary cap where every team basically spends the same amount, how can you have so much disparity in quality between the top 3 or 4 teams and the middle of the road teams let alone the bottom teams. All we seem to hear is players are willing to accept unders while the lower teams have to pay overs. On this basis the better teams are getting $1m to $2m of value while a lower team is probably spending $1m to $2m more than they should be for the quality of players they have so in effect the salary cap is creating a $2m to $4m advantage to the better sides instead of leveling the playing field which was its intended purpose. While these are my figures, I would think they are in the ballpark given the constant bragging by the better sides.

mattchuot

Juniors
So Murchie has been confirmed by Parra. I have also seen rumours that Penrith are close to re-signing Spencer Leniu. It was mentioned at the bottom of Hunt’s re-signing annoucement that additional signings were coming in the next few weeks but with all the bad media lately I am not sure I believe it. 2023 is looking mighty bleak.

be55

Juniors
HAHAHA...

27 players choosing to give the middle finger to the clubs official awards night is explained away by the usual apologists as a media beat up and "nothing to see here". You could explain a handful, but if TWENTY SEVEN isn't a reflection of the players frustration for the direction that the club is headed in, on and off the field, i don't know what would be.

TruSaint

Referee
HAHAHA...

27 players choosing to give the middle finger to the clubs official awards night is explained away by the usual apologists as a media beat up and "nothing to see here". You could explain a handful, but if TWENTY SEVEN isn't a reflection of the players frustration for the direction that the club is headed in, on and off the field, i don't know what would be.

Imagine being a guest / sponsor on the evening.

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

BLM01

First Grade
HAHAHA...

Yep the timing
Not well thought out by whoever planned that one

possm

Coach
Yeah, we can be sceptical of media sure, but its not 1 or 2 sources. Most majot outlets have reported the upheaval.
There are major issues internally.
I'm a little lost here. What common issues with the Club or with fellow team mates would Lomax, Hunt, and Molo have?

Dragons4me

Juniors
Yeah. That's the truth. Rich clubs will always find a way to pay players outside of the system. Moreso nowadays than before. There is even less of a paper now than before. I don't believe for one second Munster passed up in excess of one million dollars to stay with the storm because of fluff reasoning. Not for one second and the NRL aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them (the rich clubs) by inspecting the books. What books? We will never know the truth.

Maddragon99

Juniors
HAHAHA...

27 out of 30 means 90% of the playing group passed for one reason or another. I don’t believe 27 players were on holiday that was a pretty weak excuse from the club.

Obviously the optics are very poor particularly for sponsors who pay to have their names associated with the players.

The Doltone House venue is a big room so it must have been a sorry sight.

Media beat up or not I think there are some serious issues at the club.

slippery5

Juniors

Again, wary of media reporting, but if true it only affirms Hooks coaching shortcomings.
I remember Hook commenting during his hiatus from coaching that he said something similar to " I've learned to curve my way a little & not try to let my emotions get the better of me"
Looks like he hasn't learnt.
To earn respect you have to first give respect. Otherwise you walk away thinking this guy is a d##k head......Fact.

be55

Juniors
27 out of 30 means 90% of the playing group passed for one reason or another. I don’t believe 27 players were on holiday that was a pretty weak excuse from the club.

Obviously the optics are very poor particularly for sponsors who pay to have their names associated with the players.

The Doltone House venue is a big room so it must have been a sorry sight.

Media beat up or not I think there are some serious issues at the club.
Nailed it!

since77

Juniors
We all need to remember that a large part of the reason for Sullivan not playing much first grade this year was because of his hamstring issues. He wasn’t playing much of any grade for a fair hunk of time.
Yes that’s a factor but he also played a great game off the bench halfway through the season and was put back to reserve grade the very next game. Idiotic coaching.

randomdragon

Juniors
So Murchie has been confirmed by Parra. I have also seen rumours that Penrith are close to re-signing Spencer Leniu. It was mentioned at the bottom of Hunt’s re-signing annoucement that additional signings were coming in the next few weeks but with all the bad media lately I am not sure I believe it. 2023 is looking mighty bleak.
There is a BIG one coming soon

possm

Coach
Could be. Could also be the journos making contract numbers up or Bennett not willing to pay ridiculous amounts that would stuff his salary cap. Unfortunately we will never know.

What I have most issue with is in a competition with a salary cap where every team basically spends the same amount, how can you have so much disparity in quality between the top 3 or 4 teams and the middle of the road teams let alone the bottom teams. All we seem to hear is players are willing to accept unders while the lower teams have to pay overs. On this basis the better teams are getting $1m to $2m of value while a lower team is probably spending $1m to $2m more than they should be for the quality of players they have so in effect the salary cap is creating a $2m to $4m advantage to the better sides instead of leveling the playing field which was its intended purpose. While these are my figures, I would think they are in the ballpark given the constant bragging by the better sides.
A draft auction with off-contract players going to the highest bidder would be a step in the right direction.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Looks like Des will be free to take over in a couple of weeks
surely if he does get sacked , Saints must take a serious look at him

players want to play for him , something sadly lacking at Saints

But we are talking saints here
Can only dream MJ
But i'll bet the unsettled youngsters in our Squad would want to stay without hesitation if Des was in charge ...
but merely a pipe dream

Latest posts