What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
Taking a look at all of the player available for 2023, the only two outside back options of any great note appear to be Jaxson Paulo or Tautau Moga.

Phoenix Crossland might be worth a go as a 14.

SneakyEel

Juniors
Taking a look at all of the player available for 2023, the only two outside back options of any great note appear to be Jaxson Paulo or Tautau Moga.

Phoenix Crossland might be worth a go as a 14.
I remember when there were big raps on Crossland I wouldn't mind him his a tough kid with plenty of potential.

yy_cheng

Coach
I reckon ja will start at 9 and hodgo to come on after 20 like api did this year

What happened to the italian kid we took from the chooks

Chipmunk

Coach
I remember when there were big raps on Crossland I wouldn't mind him his a tough kid with plenty of potential.
He would seem worth a shot as a 14, he would come cheap and only needed for 10-15 minutes in games that matters. If he can play a middle role, maybe he can see more game time.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sure but I watched Mahoney in 20s. He looked great by age 18/19.

N.Brown had clocked up 29 games by the time he was 24. Bit of a late bloomer but showed promise by age 22/23.

S.Lane was playing NRL by age 19/20. Word was his attitude sucked but he had loads of talent from the get go. Starting to show it consistently is the difference.

Sivo was bought into Penrith system being plucked out of some country comp cause they saw a diamond in the rough. When opportunities arose he was injured and Toò got his chance. Panthers had plenty of depth and we snapped him up.

So all these example had talent and why we snapped them up. But for every diamond in the rough you also get your

Greig's,Cartwright, Hipgrave,Ogden,Makatoa,Jai Field,Perham, Salmon,Evans, Avaua, Vave, C.King,Hoffman, Rory O'Brien's, J.Falou, R.Robinson, Cody Nelson, Beau Champion, Pauli Pauli.

So we can sit an say f**k look at these guys BA turned into stars. But forget about the darts we have thrown. Plenty of the above could of had 3 or 4 great season and we call it a master stroke. But are you convinced that's BA and his brilliant coaching and eye for talent? I think that's a stretch.

But, conversely, most of those players you mentioned haven't been given extended runs in First Grade, so it's a little hard to tell if they're flops, or not.

Chipmunk

Coach

Decent NRL highlights reel for a fringe NRL player. He's only 22 and has plenty of potential. Can goal kick as well and looks a strong defender. Kids a gun
Yeah, he looks like he's got some potential, definitely for us as a 14. I'm surprised the Warriors have let him go (actually I'm not, they seem to keep the shit and let the good ones go.). He seems like a Will Smith but seriously so much more upside. You'd have to think he'll get a gig somewhere.

Obviously with Nathan Brown here now he might be able to tip us onto some Warriors worth a go here.

SneakyEel

Juniors
Yeah, he looks like he's got some potential, definitely for us as a 14. I'm surprised the Warriors have let him go (actually I'm not, they seem to keep the shit and let the good ones go.). He seems like a Will Smith but seriously so much more upside. You'd have to think he'll get a gig somewhere.

Obviously with Nathan Brown here now he might be able to tip us onto some Warriors worth a go here.
His a gun the perfect 14 maybe could push for the vacant centre position. Kids got skill

Chipmunk

Coach
His a gun the perfect 14 maybe could push for the vacant centre position. Kids got skill
Yeah, but you'd really have to sell him something tangible to get him here. Like he appears to be someone who can and wants to play in the halves, and at present there isn't really going to be an option here to do that. You'd have to convince him he could play a role as the 14 initially, with perhaps the ability to work on his defensive game to become the starting 9 after Hodgson leaves. I guess at this stage though this late in the process he doesn't have a lot of options.

It is interesting that he remains unsigned though.

SneakyEel

Juniors
Yeah, but you'd really have to sell him something tangible to get him here. Like he appears to be someone who can and wants to play in the halves, and at present there isn't really going to be an option here to do that. You'd have to convince him he could play a role as the 14 initially, with perhaps the ability to work on his defensive game to become the starting 9 after Hodgson leaves. I guess at this stage though this late in the process he doesn't have a lot of options.

It is interesting that he remains unsigned though.
I think at this point though he'd take what he can get. Don't think he has many options at the moment. If we could bag him he'd be the perfect 14 and I think Asi could slot into hooker most halves can play hooker. A team of:
  1. Gutherson
  2. Sivo
  3. Simonsson
  4. Penisini
  5. Blake/Dunster
  6. D.Brown
  7. Moses
  8. Campbell-Gillard
  9. Hodgson
  10. Paulo
  11. Lane
  12. Murchie
  13. Matterson
  14. Asi
  15. Hopgood
  16. Taupau
  17. N.Brown
That's arguably a better side than we had this year. Plenty of depth on the bench and plenty of cover for injuries.