What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Do you even watch Panthers games mate? Sorenson has gone from reserve grader at Sharks to a deadset weapon off the bench with the back to back Champions..

So what’s your point?
Don’t engage him mate. He will change the subjects ten times, give you excuses and useless so called facts stats and by the end you will end of it you will as though you are in Bermuda Triangle.

on a side note congrats to the Panthers. So envious of your junior set up and success. Congrats on the GF win. Too good in every facet.

Delboy

First Grade
Well, it’s started. Articles linking Moses and Drown to the Dolphins

Read has linked our halves to every team, dont think he has the connections of some in the media and now uses a scatter gun approach and when one of the many links does come off, it’s a told you so.

Tend to think this will continue, although the club are working hard to get extensions done.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If we lose D Brown or Moses for season 2024 we move Gutherson to the halves and find a gun fullback. Someone like Papenhuyzen or you recruit a player like Scott Drinkwater and bring his coach with him.
I would take a punt on Suualli at FB.

I know his passing game and vision was bad in that semi against souths when he went back to FB after tedesco.

But get him here I am sure it will improve with experience. Gutho didn't look too coordinated at the start in 2016 on the wing and look how he developed.

hindy111

Post Whore
There are always players that many don’t rate that come out of nowhere and become something. Mahoney is a prime example. He came on a train and trial contract after being cut by the Dogs and leap frogged Kyle Schneider who was our most promising number 9 for several years.

Papali’i is another as is Lane and Nathan Brown. Sivo too. None of them were our juniors.

This is one of Arthur’s strengths as a coach. It’s very Melbourne like where he has a knack of spotting diamonds in the rough and making them into competent NRL first graders.

Hopgood, Murchie and hopefully Xerri in 2024 will be players that will become regular first graders and possibly even Origin players.

Sure but I watched Mahoney in 20s. He looked great by age 18/19.

N.Brown had clocked up 29 games by the time he was 24. Bit of a late bloomer but showed promise by age 22/23.

S.Lane was playing NRL by age 19/20. Word was his attitude sucked but he had loads of talent from the get go. Starting to show it consistently is the difference.

Sivo was bought into Penrith system being plucked out of some country comp cause they saw a diamond in the rough. When opportunities arose he was injured and Toò got his chance. Panthers had plenty of depth and we snapped him up.

So all these example had talent and why we snapped them up. But for every diamond in the rough you also get your

Greig's,Cartwright, Hipgrave,Ogden,Makatoa,Jai Field,Perham, Salmon,Evans, Avaua, Vave, C.King,Hoffman, Rory O'Brien's, J.Falou, R.Robinson, Cody Nelson, Beau Champion, Pauli Pauli.

So we can sit an say f**k look at these guys BA turned into stars. But forget about the darts we have thrown. Plenty of the above could of had 3 or 4 great season and we call it a master stroke. But are you convinced that's BA and his brilliant coaching and eye for talent? I think that's a stretch.

hindy111

Post Whore
IMO Ogden,Grieg and Makatao where signed based in their size. But probably BA himself knows they are only low chances of becoming great. But they have the physical parts. So he gets them in our system, gym and hopes he gets a diamond in the rough. I dont think he is spotting untapped talent. But he knows that if they have the physical bits your more chance of getting a hit then not. Nothing much more to it.

Chipmunk

Coach
It wouldn't hurt to go after Turpin for minimal wage
We already have Mitch Rein on the books for next season, I suspect he's the back up hooker option. I think we need to find a genuine 14 that can fill in at hooker for 10-15 mins a week, and then maybe cover some other spots. I suspect with the coach announcing the Jake will play NSW Cup next year, that they already have someone earmarked or signed up.