What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
I think at this point though he'd take what he can get. Don't think he has many options at the moment. If we could bag him he'd be the perfect 14 and I think Asi could slot into hooker most halves can play hooker. A team of:
  1. Gutherson
  2. Sivo
  3. Simonsson
  4. Penisini
  5. Blake/Dunster
  6. D.Brown
  7. Moses
  8. Campbell-Gillard
  9. Hodgson
  10. Paulo
  11. Lane
  12. Murchie
  13. Matterson
  14. Asi
  15. Hopgood
  16. Taupau
  17. N.Brown
That's arguably a better side than we had this year. Plenty of depth on the bench and plenty of cover for injuries.
Yeah that's a fair side. I suspect for Taupau to sign, we'd need Brown to find somewhere else.

It's strange that this kid isn't signed up somewhere.

I suspect there is a few players unannounced as there is some sort of wait on what the salary cap is going to be.

Chipmunk

Coach
I reckon we do, but there has to be a line in the sand. What of the Dolphins offer eleventy quintillion for one of them ?

I'm worried about Benny with no marquee player right now
If Bennett is going to offer Moses the same as Munster, there are others that are suddenly going to want to take that money instead (i.e DCE).

I think Moses would be behind Latrell, Cody, DCE, Fifita, and some others. I suspect Bennett has a ceiling for Moses, and that is probably about the same as we're going to pay him.

I think Moses and Brown will cost us $2m combined, maybe slightly more.

Gronk

Staff member
Guys, ja has a mortgage on the 14 unless moses or dyl gets injured

They won't go after any 14 a bit like how ba prefers his Assistant coaches
I think you’re a bit obsessed with Jake. I bet you $1 he wont be in the Rnd 1 17.

the phantom menace

First Grade
There was an article yesterday with quotes from BA saying that Jake will go back to NSW Cup next year to play 80 minutes for a full season.
Some common sense from BA!! 😀

I guess it goes to show Rein must've really not been what he was looking for in a 14 this season... and yes, hopefully there's a plan for who will fill that bench halves/dummy half coverage spot (so Old Man Hodgson doesn't have to play for 80mins).

Incorrect

Coach
There was an article yesterday with quotes from BA saying that Jake will go back to NSW Cup next year to play 80 minutes for a full season. I suspect they have a 14 in mind, or they're looking for one.
Yeah BA might have said that yesterday but come March we'll probably get the whole "Jakey's been training real good in the off season and worked hard on his game so that's why he's getting first shot for the bench utility role" spiel.... Or some shit like that.... He also said Jake being picked ahead of Cartwright during the home and away season was about "rotation" which proved nothing more than lip service....

Don't get me wrong, I wish Jake all the best but we've got to take a lot of what his old man says with a kilo of salt....

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
He can kick, he can pass both sides, he has stamina and not bad defending in the middle.

Great foil in the 1st 20 before hadgo comes on.

He also covers the halves

Who else do we have next year who ia best suited to the 14?

Yates and hands hardly played 9 in nsw cup.

Rein i still feel ba doesnt trust. A bit like carty

So ja is the best for that spot.

All year it has been said the ja is there to cover the halves. Now also the 9 and at a pinch, the centres coz we no longer have Marata . If 1 of dunster, baileyor russell plays centre, ja covers wing too. Dyl to centre, Russell /bailey/dunster to wing.

It just makes perfect sense.

Thwy way he backed up to score that gf try shows what a dummy half Should also do and that is backup

Latest posts