What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023

gordsy

Juniors
Why the f**k do you need to fly to the UK to sign a player.
Surely a meet can be done via zoom and paperwork done electronically.

Tigerm

First Grade
Why the f**k do you need to fly to the UK to sign a player.
Surely a meet can be done via zoom and paperwork done electronically.
Timmy is in his 70's, probably doesn't know what that shit means? 😂 😂 😂

Though the personal touch can be a good impression on potential suitors, I guess.

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooksy on his way out. It's a rumour but it's not from one of those guys who make shit up.

Tigerm

First Grade
Clifford got a release to the UK earlier today, so now Knights really need a halfback. Stars are aligning.
I always think we should be careful what we wish for, BUT, I think this one would be good for all concerned?

Tigers1986

Juniors
I always think we should be careful what we wish for, BUT, I think this one would be good for all concerned?
Brooks gets a fresh start, we then have room for Hastings/Douehi to settle as our halves combo (Joffa at 13).

Whispers on the rumour mill that Klemmer will be offered as an enticement for the trade as well, which would be amazing for our forward pack.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Based on all the rumours, this could be our squad next year:
  1. Staines
  2. Nofa
  3. To'a
  4. Naden
  5. Malo
  6. Doeuihi
  7. Hastings
  8. Klemmer
  9. Api
  10. Twal
  11. Bateman
  12. Papali'i
  13. Joffa
  1. Stefano
  2. Leinu
  3. Pole
  4. Blore
Not sure where this leaves Laurie. I heard a rumour he could be switching to 5/8, as he has much more speed than Doeuihi, but that puts Doeuihi at risk of leaving club.

Either way, f**k me this is an infinitely better team

stryker

First Grade
Based on all the rumours, this could be our squad next year:
  1. Staines
  2. Nofa
  3. To'a
  4. Naden
  5. Malo
  6. Doeuihi
  7. Hastings
  8. Klemmer
  9. Api
  10. Twal
  11. Bateman
  12. Papali'i
  13. Joffa
  1. Stefano
  2. Leinu
  3. Pole
  4. Blore
Not sure where this leaves Laurie. I heard a rumour he could be switching to 5/8, as he has much more speed than Doeuihi, but that puts Doeuihi at risk of leaving club.

Either way, f**k me this is an infinitely better team
That’s a decent 17. Problem is the next 13 are ordinary. As soon as injuries/suspensions hit, the team start losing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Our squad is a lot better balanced then it was 6 weeks ago. As much as I don’t like the sheens/Benji thing they have made better decisions with recruitment/retention then Madge did in 3 years.

BrotherJim05

Bench
How many spots do we have left in our Top 30? Currently the players from 2022 that won't be here:
Musgrove
Liddle
Tamou
Peachy
Garner
Luciano
Tualagi

Then also rumours of Brooks being released.

To be replaced by:
Papali'i
Api
Staines

Does this mean we can expect up to 4-5 new signings?

Tigerm

First Grade
How many spots do we have left in our Top 30? Currently the players from 2022 that won't be here:
Musgrove
Liddle
Tamou
Peachy
Garner
Luciano
Tualagi

Then also rumours of Brooks being released.

To be replaced by:
Papali'i
Api
Staines

Does this mean we can expect up to 4-5 new signings?
Roberts also retired?

My count is 25? If Brooks is gone and add Staines.
TIGERS

2023 squad
: Shawn Blore (2024), Luke Brooks (2023), Adam Doueihi (2023), Sione Fainu (2024), Oliver Gildart (2023), Jackson Hastings (2023), Asu Kepaoa (2024), Apisai Koroisau (2024 PO 2025), Daine Laurie (2023), Ken Maumalo (2023, PO 2024), Zane Musgrove (2024), Rua Ngatikaura (2024), Brent Naden (2025), David Nofoaluma (2025), Joe Ofahengaue (2025), Isaiah Papali’i (2025), Tyrone Peachey (2023), Fonua Pole (2024), Triston Reilly (2024), Alex Seyfarth (2023), Jake Simpkin (2024), Tuki Simpkins (2023), Starford To’a (2024), Brandon Tumeth (2024), Junior Tupou (2024), Alex Twal (2024), Stefano Utoikamanu (2024 MO 2025) Staines

Development players
:Apisalome Saukuru (2023), Justin Matamua (2023)

2023 gains:Apisai Koroisau (Panthers), Isaiah Papali’i (Eels), Triston Reilly (rugby union, Waratahs), David Nofoaluma (Storm - return from loan), Oliver Gildart (Roosters - return from loan)

2023 losses: Luke Garner (Panthers), Kelma Tuilagi (Sea Eagles)

Coach: Tim Sheens (2024)

Tigers1986

Juniors
I'd love to send Gildart packing with a release. Maybe even entice it into a swap package for Bateman. He dragged his butt around for a few games, went to reggies and did not much at all, got a loan and shat on the WT organisation almost immediately.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'd love to send Gildart packing with a release. Maybe even entice it into a swap package for Bateman. He dragged his butt around for a few games, went to reggies and did not much at all, got a loan and shat on the WT organisation almost immediately.
I thought it was announced the pathetic Pom was pissing off back to the old dart