What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Dragon David

First Grade
Buzz Rothfield reports that one of the Dragons main sponsors, TripADeal, is urging the Dragons to support Hook. Full details unfortunately behind the paywall.

Can someone find out more details please?
Just a bit more on this post -

The guy who owns TripADeal, Norm Black, says -
“Hook is not the problem there, I’m telling you,” Black said.

“He’s actually got a plan to get the club back to where it needs to be in the next three to five years. I think he’s been unfairly targeted in sections of the media and it’s not right.

“He had 12 wins and most years that gets you into the top eight. I think he’s a good coach and an impressive man.”

Wow, 3-5 years hey, is this any possibility?

Crush

Coach
Just a bit more on this post -

The guy who owns TripADeal, Norm Black, says -
“Hook is not the problem there, I’m telling you,” Black said.

“He’s actually got a plan to get the club back to where it needs to be in the next three to five years. I think he’s been unfairly targeted in sections of the media and it’s not right.

“He had 12 wins and most years that gets you into the top eight. I think he’s a good coach and an impressive man.”

Wow, 3-5 years hey, is this any possibility?
There is a rumour that Norm Black from TripA Deal is Peter Blacks son, that’s interesting if true.

since77

Juniors
This “12 wins is usually enough to get you in the finals” nonsense is such a laughable indicator of how low this club has its sights set. Absolutely typical of this administration’s attitude. And to hear a sponsor happy with such mediocrity….well it shows why the club is so reluctant to strive for better when it’s sponsors are seemingly happy with the garbage this club has served up for a decade now. That’ll do me. Wow.

BLM01

First Grade
This “12 wins is usually enough to get you in the finals” nonsense is such a laughable indicator of how low this club has its sights set. Absolutely typical of this administration’s attitude. And to hear a sponsor happy with such mediocrity….well it shows why the club is so reluctant to strive for better when it’s sponsors are seemingly happy with the garbage this club has served up for a decade now. That’ll do me. Wow.
Well to be honest that is journos spinning a positive light initially and started that talk on our year and a few at our club have run with it. You cant say -100 F & A is good although last year Knights come 7th with even worse + Titans came 8th with 10 wins. Honestly dont know how.
26 points has snuck in before twice in a full season (not Covid year) but it has only been last few years that 25 rounds was the full season. Those teams that snuck in did SFA.
Agree cant be happy with that season and the way we floundered from Round 3 - Round 22.

Maddragon99

Juniors
OMG..round and round we go to find Dragons old boys?
Like to read the full article though before judging
I’m a well known Nathan Brown fan on this forum & I stand by that. His 2 GF qualifiers are light years away from our current performance.

Nathan’s main strength was the development of local talent, a pathways role would be perfect for him. How many players in the 2010 team were graded by Nathan? Enough said.

Maddragon99

Juniors
It only makes sense for them to change their minds. Sad thing is 2023 will be a dud year by keeping Hook there only because the club is to tight to sack him and pay him out. His expectations (KPI's) must have been pretty low and not one to have based on playing finals footy which is scary. I hope we get a tough draw early on at least and play the gun sides at the start of 2023 as you would rather lose those games than the ones expected to win. We can only hope a new coach comes in mid season and they can pull off a run of 10+ games unbeaten to give them any hope of unlikely finals.
2023 is going g to be dud, we have a weak squad plus Hook still in charge.

The entire place needs to be blown up & rebuilt from the ground up. A fresh set of eyes like Des Hasler is what’s required.

Parko1310

Juniors
Is everyone that hates hook with a burning passion just going to ignore Sloan saying 'I wish I'd been better at listening to the truth earlier"? Even if you choose not to believe that, the same people will get all excited about us signing savelio tamale from the warratahs. He came to the Dragons over the roosters and manly after having a lunch with hook. I reiterate, by no means am i saying hook has done an outstanding job in his time here, but fmd give the man credit when credit's due.

Billeus

Juniors
I'm in agreeance with Norm on this one, 12 wins at this stage of an obvious rebuild is a solid achievement, taking into account ;

3 rookies were blooded, 2 in the spine,
Depth of quality in forward roster,
Hindering refereeing inconsistencies, sin binnings etc and harsh Judiciary suspensions

Last edited: