What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Perth Red

Post Whore
I like the logo the dolphins are running with but surely they aren't using that jersey we've been seeing. I saw it on sale at Rebel Sport the other day. It is absolute shit
I think they decided they would try and outdo the Crushers for ugliest opening season jersey ever. must be a Qlnd thing.

hrundi99

First Grade
The Raiders’ issue was that the Canberra Milk heritage was too good. They timed the most extreme departure from their traditional look (well, aside from the Superleague/OzEmail days) with the most pin point perfect/nostalgic heritage jersey. The sales numbers would have given the clear message fans prefer a traditional jersey.

i would have liked to have seen the same jersey they’ve produced, but with navy and silver trim/arm bands. Lose the yellow/white/royal blue

You mean the club's colours (ACT)?

I know it’s not likely to last but how much cleaner is it without sleeve sponsor? It‘s a good bit of kit but would be a stunner if the main sponsor was white type and logo and no box. I know it’ll probably be a restraint on trade for clubs but I hope with an increased clubs payment sometime in the not too distant future, the NRL imposes a one integrated sponsor only jersey policy. The EPL seem to manage it and it’ll class up the game. The main sponsor will pay more if they get the kit to themselves, you’d think.

Colk

First Grade
I know it’s not likely to last but how much cleaner is it without sleeve sponsor? It‘s a good bit of kit but would be a stunner if the main sponsor was white type and logo and no box. I know it’ll probably be a restraint on trade for clubs but I hope with an increased clubs payment sometime in the not too distant future, the NRL imposes a one integrated sponsor only jersey policy. The EPL seem to manage it and it’ll class up the game. The main sponsor will pay more if they get the kit to themselves, you’d think.

I would agree with that. Just from my perspective, next years jerseys are the best my club have done for a while

GAZF

First Grade
Big overseas leagues are increasing the number of sponsors on uniforms, including EPL who now allow a sleeve sponsor. Can't see the small fish Australian sports bucking the trend, unfortunately.

I would agree with that. Just from my perspective, next years jerseys are the best my club have done for a while
Never know if it’s just the photography or my eyes but I do like this Granny Smith green over the old fluro, Lime Splice hue.

MugaB

Coach
I think they decided they would try and outdo the Crushers for ugliest opening season jersey ever. must be a Qlnd thing.
Yet the WA reds design pic you posted the other day is the same design, with black added in... so which is it? Bad design or just PR jumping on the bandwagon of twitter trolls

Dawesy76

Juniors
any word on brisbanes 23 kit? Should be a new design correct?
Their members gear has the ‘asics’ stripes on them as well as the white and maroon stripes you saw on their retro jersey last year. Whether that’s just a bit of cross marketing or maybe an indicator of what’s to come we shall see.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yet the WA reds design pic you posted the other day is the same design, with black added in... so which is it? Bad design or just PR jumping on the bandwagon of twitter trolls
design is fine, colour usage is horrible. If you cant see the difference in the two jerseys then suggest specsavers is your next stop off lol

MRN

Juniors
any word on brisbanes 23 kit? Should be a new design correct?
Should be new designs. Designs have a two year cycle for home and away in the current system. Prior to that I think it was 3 years home, 2 years away. So unless the cycle has just changed again.... Bring on the new jerseys!

beave

Coach
Bring this back....
View attachment 67882

They had this for all of one year a few seasons back... along with their best jerseys ever.. im not even a cows fan and i bought them both

Agreed, that they need to go back to something similar to this, IMO just getting rid of the star would probably suffice.

The explanation of why they went away from that font at the end of 2001 was because the embroidery costs at the time and the intricacy of the actual wording. A lady involved at the club at the time was telling us in fans in Sydney that it was essentially 3 layers of stitching (grey background, the white and then the navy over the top). She alluded that they had a heap of merch made up and it turned out rubbish and they had to bin it all, which pushed them to move to the current simple font. This was 20 years ago so i'm sure technology has improved, cost might still be a factor though?

Back on NQ's jerseys, I'm interested to see who takes the centre breast sponsorship as Bundy rum doesn't appear at the moment.

Last edited:

Latest posts