What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I like that but haven't the Dolfins already signed him?
Panthers resigned Turuva until the end of 2024.
You might be thinking of Isaiya Katoa, their young halfback who signed with the Dolphins
Anyway, Turuva's path is blocked by Dylan Edwards and IMO Turuva has potential to be a superstar

yy_cheng

Coach
but he's a bit small.

I reckon as NRL teams starts studying his play, he will be targetted and ragdolled.

The panfers would go after him (if he played with another team) with huge bombs and 5 black jerseyed guys ready to smash him and drive him back 20 m

but he's a bit small.

I reckon as NRL teams starts studying his play, he will be targetted and ragdolled.

The panfers would go after him (if he played with another team) with huge bombs and 5 black jerseyed guys ready to smash him and drive him back 20 m
He’s not that small. He will buck up with age but he is quoted as 88kg by the Panthers so not much more to go before he is at a typical fullback level. Otherwise he is only 3cm shorter than Tedesco. Taller than Billy Slater. Most of the time It’s about skill not stature. And he has tremendous skill and potential.

Pazza

First Grade
We can’t keep ours yet Melbourne, Roosters and Penrith can.

The Mole is a halfwit who makes shit up.

Yeah I don't get it, we already lost a bunch of quality players, Brown and Moses are already well paid and waqa and nrown money is available for 2024. The only reason brown and Moses won't be here in 2024 is cause they just don't wanna be here. It won't be money.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah I don't get it, we already lost a bunch of quality players, Brown and Moses are already well paid and waqa and nrown money is available for 2024. The only reason brown and Moses won't be here in 2024 is cause they just don't wanna be here. It won't be money.
or we just think we shouldnt pay overs for them.

Just like Paps, Marata, Mahoney et al

So it is not if we have the dosh, it's whether we will splash and challenge the offers that the 10 other teams are offering them

Last edited:

Pazza

First Grade
or we just think we should pay overs for them.

Just like Paps, Marata, Mahoney et al

So it is not if we have the dosh, it's whether we will splash and challenge the offers that the 10 other teams are offering them

these guys are premium players that play the premium positions. They are going to get paid...... how much money do you think melbourne is paying for their spine?

we need to be cap efficient in other areas to allow us to have premium players in the premium positions.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What I'm saying is parramatta is positioned to field competitive offers for both these guys vs any other team in the comp.
Being able to match any offer isn’t the same as being willing to match any offer. Shit teams f**k their salary cap by paying too much for players. The players (mostly) don’t care because they want to get paid. But for the other clubs it means inflated prices for the targets of those shit clubs.

Sure we might have the cap space to compete with those inflated offers but if it’s too much then it has the potential to hurt our cap as well.

We need to decide what the player is worth to us. If a weaker club decides the player is worth more to them do we up our offer? It would be allowing rival clubs to dictate how we manage our cap. We could keep both halves but still be worse off.

Pazza

First Grade
Being able to match any offer isn’t the same as being willing to match any offer. Shit teams f**k their salary cap by paying too much for players. The players (mostly) don’t care because they want to get paid. But for the other clubs it means inflated prices for the targets of those shit clubs.

Sure we might have the cap space to compete with those inflated offers but if it’s too much then it has the potential to hurt our cap as well.

We need to decide what the player is worth to us. If a weaker club decides the player is worth more to them do we up our offer? It would be allowing rival clubs to dictate how we manage our cap. We could keep both halves but still be worse off.

i think you have good cap management in order to keep your best guys. i feel like we have already made these tough decisions with players like Mahoney and Papalii.

atm we have a very good squad with very good players in the key positions. keep losing these guys and youll be down in the bottom 8 and youll wish you paid a little more to keep the talent you had.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

You can’t wait till we lose one or even both our halves, super fan lolz.

If you haven’t got decent halves it doesn’t matter how good the rest of your team is. Just look at Tonga at the WC.