What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Some very ordinary players have won the Clive Churchill medal. Some of them weren’t even best on ground in the grand final.
I looked at the CCM list of the past 23 years.

Most have played for there country and origin if eligible.

Papenhuyzen and Edwards are the only 2 and you couldn't argue with there performances in those GFs.

Who would you consider ordinary since 2000.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I looked at the CCM list of the past 23 years.

Most have played for there country and origin if eligible.

Papenhuyzen and Edwards are the only 2 and you couldn't argue with there performances in those GFs.

Who would you consider ordinary since 2000.
Keary

But also:
Fitzgibbon
Priddis
Prince
Berrigan
Kite
Boyd
Stewart
Lewis
Edwards

Nathan Brown and Gutherson have both played Origin. If you're solid and you play for a strong team you're always a chance of getting picked in Origin. Or winning a Clive Churchill medal.

Glenneel

Bench
Panthers resigned Turuva until the end of 2024.
You might be thinking of Isaiya Katoa, their young halfback who signed with the Dolphins
Anyway, Turuva's path is blocked by Dylan Edwards and IMO Turuva has potential to be a superstar
Always ask club if release early particularly if we lose 1 of our halves and put Gutho into halves.

Glenneel

Bench
but he's a bit small.

I reckon as NRL teams starts studying his play, he will be targetted and ragdolled.

The panfers would go after him (if he played with another team) with huge bombs and 5 black jerseyed guys ready to smash him and drive him back 20 m
I get a bit sick of this obsession about size. Some of these small players are the best in the game like Walker, Paps and Walsh to name a few.

Incorrect

Coach
I’d say everyone of those players are better than ordinary.
Pou logic 101.... Tuesday this week in defence of Luke Brooks "He's not ordinary, he's a good player, hE wOn DaLLy M HalFbAck Of tHe year FFS"

2 days later names Scott Prince, also a Dally M Halfback of the year winner, in a list of "ordinary" players to have won a Clive Churchill medal....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pou logic 101.... Tuesday this week in defence of Luke Brooks "He's not ordinary, he's a good player, hE wOn DaLLy M HalFbAck Of tHe year FFS"

2 days later names Scott Prince, also a Dally M Halfback of the year winner, in a list of "ordinary" players to have won a Clive Churchill medal....
Episode 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
lol Pou doubling down on derp. Berrigan was awesome in that 06 GF, totally shut down another ordinary player in Inglis. Kite was probably the most average on that list and he played for Aus and NSW lol.
All decent players but not stars. They just looked good in good teams, like I said the first time.

T.S Quint

Coach
I get a bit sick of this obsession about size. Some of these small players are the best in the game like Walker, Paps and Walsh to name a few.

None of those players you mentioned defends in the middle as a hooker.

And aren’t you the one who in previous years would talk about our team being “too small”?

Need bigger forwards you would say, right?
Well, hooker is a forward position.

the phantom menace

First Grade

I'm still yet to be convinced that the Poupou Escobar login and password isn't just shared around a random bunch of bored high school kids, given the massive internal logic discrepancies that regularly come to light...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Luke Brooks is also ordinary. I defended him from merkins saying he was shit.