What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC Men's Semi Finals

Winners - who makes the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
nz vs Australia got around 350k watching it live in Australia at 7 am
I`m assuming you made a conservative estimate of about 150k watching on Kayo in that number. I`d reckon there`d be a fair whack (like myself) that watched it on replay as well. Could go half a mill you reckon.
BTW I actually thought the England/Samoa game was actually the more entertaining.

taste2taste

Juniors
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

That half empty stadium .. for a dead rubber ... of 56K
was still bigger then any international crowd in this Country for the last 57 years , & will be bigger then any for the next 57 too

Origin has lost none of its appeal , still attracting the highest ratings TV can produce in Aust , sellouts in every capital its played in , plus generating interest in our game in the fumbleball states for at least a few nights a year , something aussies pretending to be Samoans & Tongans will never do ...
hell , NSWshmen & Qlders barely have any interest in the international game & that is the reason barely any tests are played here anymore , it'd be embarrassing
so how can we expect australians in other states to get interested ...

international RL is a quirky little side show only & will never replace origin
its fine having it around , next spring it will give us all something to watch again while we wait for clubland to fire up
nothing wrong with that ...
Origin hasn't lost any of its appeal ? Then why are the TV ratings dropping every year ?

The reason no one cares about international footy is because until recently the Kangaroos beat everybody by 50 but even those one sided thrashings attracted a tv audience well over a million, now that NZ are a Rapana foot away from beating Australia it would rate alot higher and draw much bigger crowds.

You might be right, the quirky made up game between NSW and QLD might last forever, but if it continues to drop and the rivalry between NZ and Aust grows there's a chance .... in a few decades from now .... it could replace origin...at least every alternate year.

Origin hasn't lost any of its appeal ? Then why are the TV ratings dropping every year ?

The reason no one cares about international footy is because until recently the Kangaroos beat everybody by 50 but even those one sided thrashings attracted a tv audience well over a million, now that NZ are a Rapana foot away from beating Australia it would rate alot higher and draw much bigger crowds.

You might be right, the quirky made up game between NSW and QLD might last forever, but if it continues to drop and the rivalry between NZ and Aust grows there's a chance .... in a few decades from now .... it could replace origin...at least every alternate year.
all FTA TV ratings are down , for everything
your measure or marker is the % of share watching an event in each market , that was around 48% ( NSW & QLD ) in the halcion days of 10 years ago & ..... hasn't changed , its still around that figure for those states these days
people aren't watching FTA , its a dying medium

& your take on Australia beating everyone by 50 until recently is utter nonsense
we were a missed tackle on Steve Renouf at Wembley away from losing the 1992 world cup
another on Ricky Stuart in 1994 at Old Trafford from losing that Kangaroo Tour , so the close results were there a long time ago , but there was never any traction in interest in Aust & origin still in its infancy was developing & slowing growing into the behemoth it is today.

We're never going back
deal with it ...

Gobsmacked

Bench

Not in a few decades. It's happening now. The best talent coming through. Suallii, Brown, Manu, Papali ,Cris . Australia produced 80% of the best talent just a few years ago. Now it's about 50% and rapidly declining.
In 10 years we're looking at 30%..
Origin will start to look like city country if it was just Aussie's.

Gobsmacked

Bench
all FTA TV ratings are down , for everything
your measure or marker is the % of share watching an event in each market , that was around 48% ( NSW & QLD ) in the halcion days of 10 years ago & ..... hasn't changed , its still around that figure for those states these days
people aren't watching FTA , its a dying medium

& your take on Australia beating everyone by 50 until recently is utter nonsense
we were a missed tackle on Steve Renouf at Wembley away from losing the 1992 world cup
another on Ricky Stuart in 1994 at Old Trafford from losing that Kangaroo Tour , so the close results were there a long time ago , but there was never any traction in interest in Aust & origin still in its infancy was developing & slowing growing into the behemoth it is today.

We're never going back
deal with it ...
Origin was full of biff and shoulder charges.. that's all gone now. It's just fooy. You have Samoans and Tongans in there now so the pride element is fast diminishing also. Australia used to produce ALL the best players, so it was all the best players.
The Kiwis, Tongans, Samoans or English could beat NSW or QLD all day long today.
Times are a changing

Saxon

Bench
Yeah, why would they drop Grant, they might need him to earn anther B/S penalty by pretending that he's both a klutz and that Brandon Smith is the size of Mt Everest and impossible to climb let alone step over.
Smith was being a dick - what a surprise - and trying to slow the play the ball. The gamer got gamed and Smith deserved what he got.

Origin was full of biff and shoulder charges.. that's all gone now. It's just fooy. You have Samoans and Tongans in there now so the pride element is fast diminishing also. Australia used to produce ALL the best players, so it was all the best players.
The Kiwis, Tongans, Samoans or English could beat NSW or QLD all day long today.
Times are a changing
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
you have Australians pretending to be tongans & samoans ...
No one is falling for this shit except deluded clowns like you ...

Wb1234

Referee
He’s a child

Posts literally nothing of substance or consequence. Just insults and garbage.

I was thinking of putting him on ignore but he’s so insignificant to the forum it’s not worth the energy doing it..
I`m assuming you made a conservative estimate of about 150k watching on Kayo in that number. I`d reckon there`d be a fair whack (like myself) that watched it on replay as well. Could go half a mill you reckon.
BTW I actually thought the England/Samoa game was actually the more entertaining.
Reading trl today has been so good

lots of loud mouths gone missing or just wallowing in misery

Smug Panther

First Grade
Times are a changing
Why is To'o any less passionate you racist pissant f**k?

Wb1234

Referee

Well this year two origin games were the most watched progress (all programs not just sport) in the whole of Australia

internationals have their place but they pale into comparison vs origin

it is what it is

Gobsmacked

Bench
Do you still stand by your comment of the panthers success built on Kiwi players 😂
The front row in particular like all good sides need go forward. LEOTA a FISHER-HARRIS killed Parramatta.
They weren't used correctly as I pointed out. They both should have started.

Gobsmacked

Bench
if you ask me. I'm a Queenslander first than Australian.
If you ask To'o : he'd say Samoan first then NSW..

If I point out people's pride for their heritage...I'm racist?
Cool story bro.

taste2taste

Juniors
Well this year two origin games were the most watched progress (all programs not just sport) in the whole of Australia

internationals have their place but they pale into comparison vs origin

it is what it is
I was talking about 10 or 20 years down the road a test series against NZ could replace SOO

I'm not disputing that SOO is top of the food chain and will be for many many years. And yes it's the highest rating show on TV but despite being no 1 it's not pulling the same audience it once did.

Nealo 12

Bench
Ok as a long time Panther fan so I'll tell you how it is in my opinion.
Panthers are a structured team no matter who is there they have a role putting Cleary in the best possible position to execute his plays. In SOO and Aussie team it doesn't sit well he is not comfortable as the forward lack of dominance doesn't give him time to execute his plays. Teddy running sideways and slipping around and all the big name play makers add to the confusion. Its a mess that Mal can't work out . Only the Australian resilience will win it for us

Status
Not open for further replies.