What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC Men's Semi Finals

Winners - who makes the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nealo 12

Bench
Dunno how structured Penrith are

I think he’s more comfortable playing with his mates and his dad coaching him

he’s only 24 and any time his team (Penrith nsw or Australia) loses it’s his fault

joey is my favourite player ever and Cleary can eclipse him if he remains injury free and continues as he is
We are structured take it from me !

Gobsmacked

Bench
Ok so the comment that the Panthers success is built on the back of our Kiwis brothers is redundant is correct is it not ?
No. Like I said, for the third time now. They weren't used correctly. Penrith started both LEOTA and FISHER-HARRIS, then they bashed Parramatta out of the game.
Madge misused them.
They are the best starting front row partnership by a long way . Madge thought he knew better 🙄 that bought into play a very effective back row for Australia.

taste2taste

Juniors
ridiculous analogy
You're trying to convince Australians that these heritage teams aren't aussies in different team colours pretending & thats all of them
Italy ... Tedesco in the past .. Cooper Johns ( FFS) .... a joke
Lebanon ....
the PI sides

no one is being fooled & never will be ,
a pleasant little side show is all it will be while we wait for more serious stuff , again thats fine
but talk of it rivalling the interest there is in Origin in Aust is just nonsense
We were talking specifically about the Samoan and Tongan players, no one mentioned Tedesco

You avoided answering my question, I'll ask again using fewer words...

Your parents are Australian, they move to Japan and you are born 3 years later. Would you consider yourself Japanese or Australian?

Or as you put it , would you be a Japanese pretending to be Australian:D

mozza91

Coach
Dunno how structured Penrith are

I think he’s more comfortable playing with his mates and his dad coaching him

he’s only 24 and any time his team (Penrith nsw or Australia) loses it’s his fault

joey is my favourite player ever and Cleary can eclipse him if he remains injury free and continues as he is
He doesn’t enough ability to get near Johns. I’d compare him more to Cronk. Great kicking, support play and defence but doesn’t have the passing game or creativity of Johns.

He’s had a great career and will continue to achieve great things but he isn’t on that level and never will be.

Gobsmacked

Bench
We were talking specifically about the Samoan and Tongan players, no one mentioned Tedesco

You avoided answering my question, I'll ask again using fewer words...

Your parents are Australian, they move to Japan and you are born 3 years later. Would you consider yourself Japanese or Australian?

Or as you put it , would you be a Japanese pretending to be Australian:D
The bloodlines of these blokes goes into the 1000 of years in Samoa but yeah I bet they can't hold back the tears for Mt Druitt 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Northern

Juniors
I’ve been to both semis and, although I may not have brought myself to say this last night, both were terrifically tense games which could have gone either way. Both on FTA. Fair few Londoners in the crowd yesterday. I’ll bring myself to watch yesterday’s game sometime today. The passion and skills on show, the hits, and the gut wrenching mistakes must have made it one of the the most enthralling and entertaining pair of semis in any sport. We are so good at talking our game down, but wow, these games were terrific value. What a product. It’s hard for me to fully understand the SOO arguments from over here, all I know is who wouldn’t want to see more of these games?

Smug Panther

First Grade
He doesn’t enough ability to get near Johns. I’d compare him more to Cronk. Great kicking, support play and defence but doesn’t have the passing game or creativity of Johns.

He’s had a great career and will continue to achieve great things but he isn’t on that level and never will be.
Yeah but no one is on that level. Joey was just different

mozza91

Coach
Yeah but no one is on that level. Joey was just different
Yep. A once in a lifetime player who made many players look much better than they were. No other player has had the level of influence over a result of game than him. On another level to everyone.

Nealo 12

Bench

He’s still playing, wait till he’s retired before making that assumption

Gobsmacked

Bench
I’ve been to both semis and, although I may not have brought myself to say this last night, both were terrifically tense games which could have gone either way. Both on FTA. Fair few Londoners in the crowd yesterday. I’ll bring myself to watch yesterday’s game sometime today. The passion and skills on show, the hits, and the gut wrenching mistakes must have made it one of the the most enthralling and entertaining pair of semis in any sport. We are so good at talking our game down, but wow, these games were terrific value. What a product. It’s hard for me to fully understand the SOO arguments from over here, all I know is who wouldn’t want to see more of these games?
100% mate! At the end of the day, that's exactly how most of us feel.
Absolutely amazing contests! Anyone who saw that wants more!!!
Thanks for bringing it all back into context.

Northern

Juniors
On a more parochial note, lot of soul searching for English RL. We definitely need to playing more often. A few brain explosions probably cost us yesterday, probably from those you may have least expected to? We should have won, but here we go again. Because of the way the media is here, not getting to the final is a massive blow. But, like I said last night, we carry on but this has to count as a lost opportunity for English RL. We need more international games.
I have a fear that there will be a fair few empty seats at the final now. That would be a shame to end an hugely enjoyable tournament that way.

taste2taste

Juniors
99% of fans agree. A couple of trolls on this thread might go out of thier way to disagree :D

The Eng v Sam game came down to the bounce of the ball an intercept, forward pass, miracle offload... play that game 100 tines and you'd get 100 different outcomes.

I would have loved to see a packed Old Traford in a ENG V Aus final..but seeing all the incredible scenes coming out of Samoa, Auckland, Melbourne and even Utah it's good too see Samoans around the world loving the game.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade
Yep. A once in a lifetime player who made many players look much better than they were. No other player has had the level of influence over a result of game than him. On another level to everyone.
The reason Nathan might (I think will) finish higher then JT or Locky is because he defends as well as Joey. Nathan belts merkins, the hits he was putting on with a f**ked shoulder at the end of 2021 scared the shit out of me.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Gotta say. I don't get a real good vibe from Panthers supporters...f**k me, hate to talk to them when they're losing 😳
Turns out Luai is very accurate representation of Penrith. O no wait, you have Gus...
Must be the biggest concentration of fxckwitts in the country.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Gotta say. I don't get a real good vibe from Panthers supporters...f**k me, hate to talk to them when they're losing 😳
Turns out Luai is very accurate representation of Penrith. O no wait, you have Gus...
Must be the biggest concentration of fxckwitts in the country.
But we don't lose

Status
Not open for further replies.