What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia won't win 2022 WC

taste2taste

Juniors
Yeah, which I think would be fine. It's very odd when a child can't play for the team their parents played for merely because of birth when they're allowing where your grandparents are born.

Is anyone actually arguing that?

Is anyone actually arguing that too?
Just a general rant. And yes ppl outside this thread are arguing it. Apparently the Samoan team is Australia B, Australians pretending to be Samoan.

The only reason there is controversy about this Samoan team is because some Aussie bogans think because some of them played Origin they have to play for Australia.

The people of Samoa are behind the team and that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
This topic aged well. :p

Australia crowned RLWC champions yet again.

SBD82

Coach
These two concepts are not synonymous, and the conflation of the two is not going to end well for either sporting communities or society more broadly.
Why? Nationalism is a relatively new concept. Societies aren’t going to fall apart because they’re not culturally homogenous.
I also find it incredibly cringy. It's really no different to the ocker bogan blokes whom go around saying they're Irish/Scottish/whatever, despite the fact that they've never set foot in the country and you'd have to go back generations to find an ancestor of theirs that had.
It’s really no different?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I generated a discussion worthy of 21 pages. What a failure...
Indeed a failure, you were very wrong which is clearly par for the course, got any big financial news?

I have seen longer threads about toilet paper.

You are just shyte at predictions.

Won both World Cup Australia did.

Putz.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Indeed a failure, you were very wrong which is clearly par for the course, got any big financial news?

I have seen longer threads about toilet paper.

You are just shyte at predictions.

Won both World Cup Australia did.

Putz.
You're so brave as to wait until they get passed Samoa .... 🤣🤣🤣

Gobsmacked

Bench
I made a bold prediction that the $1.05 favourite wouldn't win...
Now I have to " I told you so's" only after the fact... comedy gold 🤣

SBD82

Coach
Were they $1.05 favourites when you made that claim?

And to be fair, you’re also being mocked for the thread where you claimed that England were the team of the cup, and the one where you said that the key to penriths success belongs to the kiwis.

Do you ever get sick of being wrong?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
And you were wrong.

I predicted Australia before the tournament, is on record I just did not participate in your shyte thread.

You were wrong, bet you are more often than not.

Putz.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Wow
And you were wrong.

I predicted Australia before the tournament, is on record I just did not participate in your shyte thread.

You were wrong, bet you are more often than not.

Putz.
Wow! You predicted Australia 😳😳😳
Pure genius!
What genius call do you have next ?
All-stars in the basketball?
Tell me more 😍

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m still struggling to understand how that nz side didn’t beat this bog avg kangaroos team!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The World Cup would have made a great warm up for Queensland's 2023 Origin campaign.

Dispatching second tier 'nations' like England and NZ would have been a fun tour.