What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Predictor

Juniors
They can go….passion is obviously for the $ not the club, but that’s me being naive, they can piss off and not hold the club to ransom, in saying that this club is a menace too itself and it’s fans, even after making a GF , we are still amateurs!!

lucablight

First Grade
From Nathan Hindmarsh

The Parramatta great also weighed in on the club’s fight to keep star halves Mitchell Moses and Dylan Brown, with the pair free to negotiate with rival clubs for 2024 and beyond.

Moses has reportedly been linked with big money moves to Sydney clubs, while the Dolphins are desperate to land a big fish like Brown on a long-term deal.

Keeping them is imperative given they combined for 47 try assists last season and were a big reason why the Eels reached the grand final.

The Eels are going to have to fork out the big bucks if they want to keep the dynamic halves pairing, but Hindmarsh says the club shouldn’t be held hostage if Moses and Brown aren’t willing to commit.

“It’s a tricky one,” the 330-game veteran said.

“I think it’s vital we keep at least one of them, but in saying that, if the boys decide they don’t want to play for the club, then that’s up to them.

“The club shouldn’t bend over backwards to keep players who don’t want to be there.

“It was a bit different when I was around. We enjoyed playing for the club and we tended to upgrade and extend our deals before it got messy.”

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And got blown off the park, it wasn't close. It was deer in headlights stuff.
Just like Penrith’s first grand final two years ago. Gus predicted we’d win in Townsville and then struggle the next week. That’s exactly what happened. Maybe he knew Arthur would be a good coach in the preliminary final and a shit coach in the decider?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And did we not sign Brad to keep players from leaving? oh wait gutho re signed …mission accomplished 🫤
I’m sure we signed him because he’s a good coach. Players only care about money. Look at how desperate they are to sign for Wayne Bennett ffs. Wayne doesn’t want to pay overs but he’s starting to realise that’s the only way they’ll get any stars.

lucablight

First Grade
I get the feeling that the club was nervous about entering into any commitments earlier in the season because of our previous poor finals record and adopted a wait and see approach in case this group flopped again in the finals. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you want to look at it we made the grand final and now both Moses and Browns value has gone up because of it and we face having ourselves in this unenviable situation with both halves off contract at the same time with the vultures circling considering the dearth of halves around. If we’d flopped again in the finals there wouldn’t have been the same amount of pressure to retain both Moses and Brown but making the grand final means the heat is back on the club. It’s rather ironic.

yy_cheng

Coach
I get the feeling that the club was nervous about entering into any commitments earlier in the season because of our previous poor finals record and adopted a wait and see approach in case this group flopped again in the finals. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you want to look at it we made the grand final and now both Moses and Browns value has gone up because of it and we face having ourselves in this unenviable situation with both halves off contract at the same time with the vultures circling considering the dearth of halves around. If we’d flopped again in the finals there wouldn’t have been the same amount of pressure to retain both Moses and Brown but making the grand final means the heat is back on the club. It’s rather ironic.
But what was the plan B?

The club chose to wait and see and if we flopped, then who were they targetting?

Well, if Moses and Drown doesnt sign, then plan B comes into play and we go after 2 halves we think might take us further. I wonder who they will be??

Tbh, there is no one really available. Maybe it was Munster and Latrell. or Codey and Latrell.

Or JA and Rankin.

crocodile

Bench
They can go….passion is obviously for the $ not the club, but that’s me being naive, they can piss off and not hold the club to ransom, in saying that this club is a menace too itself and it’s fans, even after making a GF , we are still amateurs!!
Passion for the $ all right. The club only has passion for the players when they want to keep them. A bit like the other Brown's predicament.

lucablight

First Grade
But what was the plan B?

The club chose to wait and see and if we flopped, then who were they targetting?

Well, if Moses and Drown doesnt sign, then plan B comes into play and we go after 2 halves we think might take us further. I wonder who they will be??

Tbh, there is no one really available. Maybe it was Munster and Latrell. or Codey and Latrell.

Or JA and Rankin.
Knowing our luck probably Adam Clune or Jake Clifford.