What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mitch just turned 28, plenty of good footy left in him.
And he'll have just turned 29 when his current contract ends. That means he'll get one season on his next contract before turning 30. I'm guessing he wants a long deal to take him through to retirement, no matter how many games he misses.

JokerEel

Coach
FWIW I’ve been reliably informed by a sponsor of the tigers that their offer to Moses is the reported figure of $1.4m, however about $200k is TPA. He knows this because they reached out to the sponsors to source companies for the TPA. He also told me that MM management has said a 3 year extension to Brooks must be part of the deal.

I have no idea what the Eels have offered, however if the $950-$1m reported is correct then Personally I believe that’s bang on for his skill set/age.

If the Tigers get bent over by Moses management to sign Brooks for 3 more seasons then they are never going to learn.

Both are not worth the money they want.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s about matching other clubs outside the cap. If we cant at least match The Tigpies in this area we are kidding ourselves. 34000 members, massive Parramatta development, click bait like no other club. Where is the issue?
You’re confusing sponsorship with TPAs. One makes the club wealthier (though they can’t spend more than the cap) and provides marketing benefit to the sponsor. The other pays players outside the cap with minimal benefit to the sponsor. Why would you sponsor a player directly when you can sponsor the club and have the brand association with the club’s colours and logo? Player brands are nowhere near as strong as club brands.

You’re confusing sponsorship with TPAs. One makes the club wealthier (though they can’t spend more than the cap) and provides marketing benefit to the sponsor. The other pays players outside the cap with minimal benefit to the sponsor. Why would you sponsor a player directly when you can sponsor the club and have the brand association with the club’s colours and logo? Player brands are nowhere near as strong as club brands.
I can think of a legitimate reason in that tpas make a team stronger and make the players look better and likely get more exposure. I doubt it often makes up for the difference that the club association would bring but it may do at times.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It would be the best thing for the club if he took it. I'd be happy to see him leave after 2024. There will probably be a new coach by then and he may have other plans.
Would be perfect for us I think. But for Moses I don’t think he’s going to get a better time than right now to negotiate his final years as a pro athlete.