What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Oh and I watched Tucker Carlson interviewed and apart from the weird laugh he doesn't seem all that bad. Doesn't drink, married his childhood sweetheart, lives in a small house in the country. I guess that makes me a rwnj.
He's a funny dude, great comic timing. I find him very entertaining. He really gives it to stuck up merkins who deserve it. I'm sure he's as full of shit as the rest of them though. Watch him for entertainment, not to be informed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hmmm... so you don't cross the raod to avoid batshit crazy Trump and his mouthpiece followers, but aren't aligned to the right?
What's batshit crazy about them? They might be self-serving, they might even be bad people. I'm sure plenty of them are fascists, but that doesn't make them crazy. If Twitter hadn't turned activist in 2020 they would've won the last election.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Calling out bigoted homophobes for what they are is hardly far left... it's mainstream these days (thank goodness too). Far in thiscontext implies unrealistic or batshit, in a similar way to NJ for the right-inclined/persuaded.
Would you be a bigot for not supporting Christians? What if there was a jersey supporting Christians who are oppressed in China and the Middle East? If players refused to wear it would they be bigoted Christianophobes? Or would they just be people who don't believe in pushing a worldview they disagree with?

the phantom menace

First Grade
What if there was a jersey supporting Christians who are oppressed in China and the Middle East? If players refused to wear it would they be bigoted Christianophobes?
Yes, if they refused to play in their team jersey supporting that round/cause, then yes of course.
Or would they just be people who don't believe in pushing a worldview they disagree with?
No. They'd be bigoted idiots who were likely not complying with their contract terms, and deserve to be raked over the coals for it (like the other ones should have been).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes, if they refused to play in their team jersey supporting that round/cause, then yes of course.

No. They'd be bigoted idiots who were likely not complying with their contract terms, and deserve to be raked over the coals for it (like the other ones should have been).
And suppose they had experienced hostility from Christians? You think they should just suck it up and pretend to support them?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He's a funny dude, great comic timing. I find him very entertaining. He really gives it to stuck up merkins who deserve it. I'm sure he's as full of shit as the rest of them though. Watch him for entertainment, not to be informed.
He was much more entertaining when he used to wear a bowtie, host Crossfire and get reamed by Jon Stewart.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Stewart was right. The show was dog shit.

If I want to watch the left and right take lame arsed swings at each other I'll do it on LU FFS!

Gronk

Staff member
Yep, I’m fairly conservative and I don’t f**ken trust them. People know they’re partisan bullshitters. Now we know Twitter were as well.
What you mean is that the mob from Silicon Valley California leaned to the left and that it caught you by surprise. You didn’t see that coming ? Highly educated cali-tech are not conservatives?

Now Mr Money Bags has bought it, he sees his business model to be more inclu$ive, so he is trying to get the whole band back together. So far he’s being very convincing that he all of a sudden sits on your side of the political fence. I think you are being very gullible again.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member
I labelled you that due to a number of posts that described Manly players choosing not to wear the rainbow jersey as homophobes and various other posts. I think it's a fair description and doesn't call into question your sanity in the way nut job does.

Liberal as in small L liberal, is not far left, it's liberal, RWNJ isn't calling in to question your sanity, like most slang, it's not a literal descriptor, like say if you call someone a merkin, it's not because you think they are actually a vagina.

I don't think that's true.

Maybe you're to busy agreeing with their nutty shit to see how nutty they are.

Yep, I’m fairly conservative and I don’t f**ken trust them. People know they’re partisan bullshitters. Now we know Twitter were as well.

You may not trust them, and of course you wouldn't be alone there, however many quite obviously do, as for Twitter, it's been fairly obvious for quite some time they have had a liberal or progressive bias, just as obviously that's about to switch around under Musk.

It's almost as if new media isn't all that different from legacy media in that regard. Imagine my horror when I discovered billionaire media owners tend to use their money and power to shape the world around them more to their liking.

Fox News and other partisan media organisations have close to zero reach with swing voters. Twitter has huge reach with this cohort and now we see the platform has been actively suppressing their access to one set of political views, all without their knowledge.

I'd agree that Fox News by themselves are at least for the most preaching to the converted, and thus their reach to swing voters in any given election is going to be limited. However it'd be dishonest / naïve / overly simplistic ( pick any ) to just leave it at that and pretend that's analogous to News Corp not exercising a huge amount of influence both on voters, and parties themselves in each and every election.

Fox and News Corp have been pushing Murdoch's agenda for literally decades, the rusted on Fox viewers of today all didn't just happen to materialise overnight, that audience has been built over time, and it's been built on the basis of serving up a right wing diet of varying degrees through different mastheads within the fold peddling influence to different folk.

That Fox News is preaching to the converted, should be viewed with an emphasis on "converted", they ( News Corp ) have literally created that audience. But hey, go ahead and ignore reality if you think it'll help with your position here.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Yet Fox push it as News, so what gives there?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yet Fox push it as News, so what gives there?
I remember the disgraced Bill O'Reilly saying that its no different to reading a newspaper and seeing an opinion piece article and that much of their other reporting is real news. Not sure I buy it though.