What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I only know usernames.

El Garbo, Genius Freak, El Coco, Mr Angry, Madunit, Macca.

V Parramatta.

That is just the photo, many parra fans too. T'was a great night.

Quigs

Immortal
From what I heard from the broadcast Usman told the Cap'n to declare after this mornings play was lost to rain. It was his decision.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
From what I heard from the broadcast Usman told the Cap'n to declare after this mornings play was lost to rain. It was his decision.
Or maybe it was reported like that to not put undue pressure on a new skipper under a new coach? Believe nothing.

He should have been told you’ve got 3 overs, get it and walk off.

Sure but he won’t have a double tonne to his name. He is also 36 so won’t get that chance again I’d say.
Point taken But cricket being Cricket It'll all go into history to give cricket fans something to talk about and bore the rest of us with for years to come.

Or maybe it was reported like that to not put undue pressure on a new skipper under a new coach? Believe nothing.

He should have been told you’ve got 3 overs, get it and walk off.

Agreed. They won't get a result let the bloke get 3 overs or so to get 5 runs. Bloody hell
Inversely, if at the end of todays play and the Aussies need those extra overs to win the test..... well you'd never hear the end of it from the ex test players and the media:
"the game is not played for individual glory. It's a team game" etc etc.
And there is nothing those ex players like more than to behave like piranhas on the current team, especially after the Langer situation.
For the better of the team it was the right decision, a shame, but still the right decision.

Weaponhead

Coach
Inversely, if at the end of todays play and the Aussies need those extra overs to win the test..... well you'd never hear the end of it from the ex test players and the media:
"the game is not played for individual glory. It's a team game" etc etc.
And there is nothing those ex players like more than to behave like piranhas on the current team, especially after the Langer situation.
For the better of the team it was the right decision, a shame, but still the right decision.
Absolutely the right decision. Have to go for the win. Kawaja faced 368 balls. Had the opportunity to reach the milestone.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Turns out should have gone for the 5. We were never getting 20 wickets in less than 2 days on that pitch.

Turns out should have gone for the 5. We were never getting 20 wickets in less than 2 days on that pitch.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.
All the talk before the game was how the SCG is back to its spinning ways, and the fifth day would be a death day for whoever batted. Turns out with all the rain it had moisture through the wicket, not dried out as predicted.
This is test cricket, not games played on the day. They have to pick a team they think will win over the 5 days, they didn't pick a team that could bowl out a team twice in 2 days, but they did give themselves their best chance possible.

I saw Ramien wondering the streets today, outside where he lives I presume, with just shorts on, no shoes or shirt.
I'd like to borrow his rig sometime as there are a few birds that may appreciate me a bit more, and a few blokes i know who need a good knock across the chops.

Special K

Coach
I saw Ramien wondering the streets today, outside where he lives I presume, with just shorts on, no shoes or shirt.
I'd like to borrow his rig sometime as there are a few birds that may appreciate me a bit more, and a few blokes i know who need a good knock across the chops.
I appreciate you mate

txta2

Bench
Just spoke to someone about Sharks Kareela. Food was shit and cold and they won't return. Must be hard work to make food shit these days.🤷‍♂️