What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
No use talking about Croft as he won't be coming anyway but the club will be searching high and low for a back up half in my opinion but if Sullivan is fit, he will be the first choice to play alongside Hunt in the spine in first grade.
By searching high and low, you mean searching through retirement homes for replacement players right?

qld redvee

Juniors
in my opinion Im glad that we backed out of this potential deal because from what i remember of Brodie he wasnt exactly a 'world beater " whilst playing in nrl so to me smacks of desperation, and would it have been for 1 or 2 years ? we need to stick it out with Bud or worst case mbye .. I think we need to concentrate on signing some forwards

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I suspect we sniffed around but to me it looks like the Dragons leaking to the media the problems they face to replace Junior with an equivalent

Even though Brodie is not really an equivalent but he is atleast experienced somewhat

The media will run a mile with a dragons problem and an nrl problem

I wonder who makes the calls on an equivalent ?

Ie if we used the money for the best 18yr old in the comp ???? If the same $ as Junior?

justadragon

Bench
in my opinion Im glad that we backed out of this potential deal because from what i remember of Brodie he wasnt exactly a 'world beater " whilst playing in nrl so to me smacks of desperation, and would it have been for 1 or 2 years ? we need to stick it out with Bud or worst case mbye .. I think we need to concentrate on signing some forwards
Correct thoughts, if Bellamy or other good coaches couldnt get the best out of him then Hook is no chance, once again just persist with our juniors because there is nothing out there and if there is its 2nd rate.

Walpole

Juniors
Croft won the Man of Steel in Super League last year. So for anyone who says we should raid Super League for players, they need to know that last season Croft was the best of them.

jeffdragon

Bench
We signed Musgrove and Murdoch Masila.
Hardly wirld beaters.
We are short in the halves big time that's what we need.

denis preston

First Grade
Just read a rumour that the Dragons are looking at getting Josh Cook from the Rabbits. Apparently he is a hooker and an Irish international. He hasn't played a lot of first grade, but is only 23.
Surely that can’t be true . We have just signed a 9 and have 2 others waiting in the wings. If this comes true then I’m sharpening my pitchfork & heading for Harans place !

qld redvee

Juniors
Surely that can’t be true . We have just signed a 9 and have 2 others waiting in the wings. If this comes true then I’m sharpening my pitchfork & heading for Harans place !
Its amazing really isnt it dennis- lets keep grooming young conner m on development/ sign liddle as straight replacement for mccullough / get a storm feeder club on a train and trial ( hopefully sign ) and then still have mbye
and now we look at this souths kid ???? i would rather what we have and look for another forward. We just love to put roadblocks up in front of promising youngsters WE HAVE NO ROSTER MANAGEMENT

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Its amazing really isnt it dennis- lets keep grooming young conner m on development/ sign liddle as straight replacement for mccullough / get a storm feeder club on a train and trial ( hopefully sign ) and then still have mbye
and now we look at this souths kid ???? i would rather what we have and look for another forward. We just love to put roadblocks up in front of promising youngsters WE HAVE NO ROSTER MANAGEMENT
FFS it's a bullshit rumour for starters he is not even at Souths left in 21 dogs then let him go half way thru a contract he has no club.
But let's lose our shit because some random shared a Facebook rumour from some other flogg

qld redvee

Juniors
FFS it's a bullshit rumour for starters he is not even at Souths left in 21 dogs then let him go half way thru a contract he has no club.
But let's lose our shit because some random shared a Facebook rumour from some other flogg
Jeremy thanks for clarification on his playing status and I am glad that this is a totally fabricated story
and yes we lose our shit over things like this as we are passionate diehard supporters that want us off the bottom and back to a "powerhouse" team again
and its been the offseason that we didnt need ....

Latest posts