What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

twinkletoes

Juniors
We have no one with the charisma and skills to lure players...Haran/Griffin vs Gould/ Ciraldo vs Politis/Robinson vs Bennett etc etc. Our blokes have trouble stringing 2 words together compared to other clubs we are competing with. The money is almost secondary to the appeal of these other legends within the game attracting to players to their club.

Can you imagine Haran in discussions to lure potential players to the Dragons...absolute joke! As I've said previously we've been without a proper recruitment manager for over 3 months...whats the excuse for that?? The Dragons could offer me twice the money of another one of the above clubs and I would still knock them back given who I would be dealing with...

BLM01

First Grade
We have no one with the charisma and skills to lure players...Haran/Griffin vs Gould/ Ciraldo vs Politis/Robinson vs Bennett etc etc. Our blokes have trouble stringing 2 words together compared to other clubs we are competing with. The money is almost secondary to the appeal of these other legends within the game attracting to players to their club.

Can you imagine Haran in discussions to lure potential players to the Dragons...absolute joke! As I've said previously we've been without a proper recruitment manager for over 3 months...whats the excuse for that?? The Dragons could offer me twice the money of another one of the above clubs and I would still knock them back given who I would be dealing with...
Those legends you are comparing look after 3-4 clubs. What about the other 13. Good people like that are not everywhere but we need to find them.
I disagree about Hook as he is just measured in what he says in the public but Haran I agree I dont think he has excelled in any job he has had at our club for the past 15 years and is not a good GM in comparison to many other clubs

justadragon

Bench
Well it is easy to see now why our recruitment staff including Hook cannot get signings over the line. They don't want to spend a few bucks on ice creams to lure players that they want to the club. All it took for Ciraldo to get the Australian Schoolboys Captain to sign a 4 year deal with the Dogs was to buy him a $3.00 drumstick.

Too right Dave, no one likes our flavours and I cant ever remember anyone taking a bite out of a shit sandwich(dragons club) and saying they liked it :)))

justadragon

Bench
Those legends you are comparing look after 3-4 clubs. What about the other 13. Good people like that are not everywhere but we need to find them.
I disagree about Hook as he is just measured in what he says in the public but Haran I agree I dont think he has excelled in any job he has had at our club for the past 15 years and is not a good GM in comparison to many other clubs
Can you name anyone at our club who has excelled at their job in the last 3 years

Dragon David

First Grade
Can you name anyone at our club who has excelled at their job in the last 3 years
Jason Saab reckons that the guy who was on our staff looking after recruitment and previously as an assistant coach and now with the Sea Eagles is doing a good job!

Saab believes Shane Flanagan will take Manly’s attack to greater heights.

Why didn't Flanno help get our attack to reach great heights? Do staff employed by the Dragons have to do shit as part of their KPI's just like the pretenders running the club?

Old Timer

Coach
Jason Saab reckons that the guy who was on our staff looking after recruitment and previously as an assistant coach and now with the Sea Eagles is doing a good job!

Saab believes Shane Flanagan will take Manly’s attack to greater heights.

Why didn't Flanno help get our attack to reach great heights? Do staff employed by the Dragons have to do shit as part of their KPI's just like the pretenders running the club?
Well how about you wait to see what the “great Flanno” does at Manly before dumping on our club
I have little belief Flanno will do anything at Manly either IMO he is vastly over rated.

Dragon David

First Grade
Don't care as long as they are all getting paid in there roles they don't give a shit ......
The Bulldogs have signed guys who have already made a name for themselves while I think the guys that the Dragons will be using quite a lot will be trying to make names for themselves which I hope one day will happen and that we have nurtured and made great and kept.

When it comes time to renew contracts for those Doggy boys, there will be headaches and swifties pulled for sure to keep under the salary cap - or does the Bulldogs know that in a couple of years time when those contracts are due to be re-negotiated that the salary cap will go up by another 2-3 million bucks relieving any pressure? They will be spending big again for 2024 (Lenui for one) as money to them appears to be no problem - even signing Josh Reynolds to be in their top 30 without a game played. Bloody Bulldogs.

Bloody us too because we need a couple of great signings to replace the old hands for 2024 so take your blinkers off Dragons board and recruitment and coaching staff and make sure that you open your eyes to get the best for us.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
The Bulldogs have signed guys who have already made a name for themselves while I think the guys that the Dragons will be using quite a lot will be trying to make names for themselves which I hope one day will happen and that we have nurtured and made great and kept.

When it comes time to renew contracts for those Doggy boys, there will be headaches and swifties pulled for sure to keep under the salary cap - or does the Bulldogs know that in a couple of years time when those contracts are due to be re-negotiated that the salary cap will go up by another 2-3 million bucks relieving any pressure? They will be spending big again for 2024 (Lenui for one) as money to them appears to be no problem - even signing Josh Reynolds to be in their top 30 without a game played. Bloody Bulldogs.

Bloody us too because we need a couple of great signings to replace the old hands for 2024 so take your blinkers off Dragons board and recruitment and coaching staff and make sure that you open your eyes to get the best for us.
Meh…by the time the scum dogs need to renew those players contracts, they probably would’ve had a lot of success and maybe even jagged a premiership or 2…meanwhile the dragons will still be sitting on their hands trying to find the next best superstar junior in their own backyard and signing 40 something year old has beens and telling everyone that they’re having another rebuilding year.