What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas' mother in crash on GC - three dead, she survived

DJDL

Bench
You do realise that Nationality has zero to do with skin colour, and vice versa, right?

Or are you such a racist that brown people are automatically from ( Insert country )? And white people are automatically from ( Insert Country )?

If you look in the thread you'll find the bit where I said I don't care what colour skin a criminal has if they aren't an Australian Citizen.

My argument was then, and has been since, that if she's convicted and not an Australian citizen then she should be deported.

And I tried hard but I can't see the bit where blue bags mentioned the colour of Joan's skin in the post I "supported". I missed that bit, show me where blue bags mentioned the colour of Joan's skin.

Skin colour has only been mentioned in this thread, other than in rebuttals, by posters seeking to find offense by any means they can. See, I can do "sweeping offensive generalisation" too.

Against my better judgement, I'll wade in here.

Throwing accusations of racism in instances like this, show an inability to dive deeper than basic, surface-level thought processes:
You're white;
You're asking a question of a person of color;
Ergo, you're racist.

It drives me mad.

Before even seeing a photo of her, it could be assumed, quite easily, she was not born in Australia.

Here surname is clearly of Polynesian origin.
At the time of her arrest she was 46, which places her date of birth in 1976, possibly late 1975.

According to this article, in 1976 there were only 9,663 Pacific-born migrants in Australia.

What are the odds she was one of them?

At any rate, she sounds like a piece of work, regardless of her heritage, and deserves whatever is coming her way.

Canard

Immortal
Against my better judgement, I'll wade in here.

Throwing accusations of racism in instances like this, show an inability to dive deeper than basic, surface-level thought processes:
You're white;
You're asking a question of a person of color;
Ergo, you're racist.

It drives me mad.

Before even seeing a photo of her, it could be assumed, quite easily, she was not born in Australia.

Here surname is clearly of Polynesian origin.
At the time of her arrest she was 46, which places her date of birth in 1976, possibly late 1975.

According to this article, in 1976 there were only 9,663 Pacific-born migrants in Australia.

What are the odds she was one of them?

At any rate, she sounds like a piece of work, regardless of her heritage, and deserves whatever is coming her way.

Weird that you think the only criteria for citizenship, is to be born in Australia.

DJDL

Bench
Where did I mention anything about citizenship?

The original question posed was whether she as born in Australia.
It took 5 posts to descend into accusations of racism.

That is what I was referring to.

Canard

Immortal
Where did I mention anything about citizenship?

The original question posed was whether she as born in Australia.
It took 5 posts to descend into accusations of racism.

That is what I was referring to.

This was the first post on the topic

Looks a class act does "Joan"

Any chance of deporting her?

So, in your mind, that was just an innocent inquiry into her place of birth?

DJDL

Bench
This was the first post on the topic

So, in your mind, that was just an innocent inquiry into her place of birth?

I stand corrected.

Still, no mention of skin colour.
Just a possible observation that a person with the surname of Taufua, born around 1976, had a ~0.0007% chance of being an Australian native.

As far as citizenship goes, my brother-in-law is a Kiwi and has lived in Australia since the mid 80's.
He is not a citizen. Chooses not to be.

Anyway, as I said, 'against my better judgement'. I'll leave it there.

Incorrect

Coach
Some serious dramas in that family.

We know about his mother and now this about his brother. Didn't he also have a brother who was severely handicapped or something who has since passed away??

First Grade
Gotta feel for the bloke, you can't choose your family.
Fantastic jounalism yet again, the article states " Zeda Haas was found unconscious at a Gaven home owned by parents regor Haas and Uiatu “Joan” Taufua. Then down the bottom states "Meanwhile, Ms Taufua remains in jail after she was charged with manslaughter, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, drink-driving, evade police and unlicensed driving following a crash that claimed the lives of three people in December.". So his mum found him but his mum also remains in Jail. Great writing

Slammin

Juniors
He's tremendous but if Haas chooses to go overseas rugby best of luck to him. Best thing for him personally I believe.

Latest posts