What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
You 100% think Api has the mental strength and craft to match Robbie when the shit hits the fan…I guess we find we out this year.
He hasn’t played in a team like ours, and he knows it.
I reference his mockery of the joint after the GF.
I think he’ll go good. If he listens to Rob, he’ll go better.

stryker

First Grade
API has now won 3 GF’s, played Origin and for Fiji.. What did Robbie do exactly that makes him a better player??
Won a GF, played heaps of origin games (16 vs Api’s 3) quite a few games of tier one international footy (13 vs API’s 0) and 130 more NRL games. He has been the Dally M hooker of the year twice (Api once) competing with Buderus and Smith and has been runner up for the Dally M player of the year twice.

You 100% think Api has the mental strength and craft to match Robbie when the shit hits the fan?…I guess we find we out this year.Cos it will.
If Brooksy doesn’t run, I’m sure others will want the opportunity to be closer to the action.

He’s got half a squad bearing down on him.

Not much pressure..!

Reactions: 851

BrotherJim05

Bench
"plays from decades gone by"

Tim Sheens says hi

Was loving the first article until he said "we're building towards something". I've heard that so many times it screams "we are more than likely f**ked".

But in all seriousness, I don't think I've been more excited for a season in 10 years. O
We went from entertainers to just complete plodders. I hope they are serious when they say we will once again be an attack orientated team.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Was loving the first article until he said "we're building towards something". I've heard that so many times it screams "we are more than likely f**ked".

But in all seriousness, I don't think I've been more excited for a season in 10 years. O
We went from entertainers to just complete plodders. I hope they are serious when they say we will once again be an attack orientated team.
It was not long ago I was dreading this season now I can't wait. So keen to see the trials and then busting for the comp, I would be super thrilled to win the first two games and to think we are every chance of doing that is amazing.

Well done Sheens and co.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I have heard Adam Doueihi has signed for another year. Anyone got more info on this.

If true I am guessing it is not for $900,000. It also makes me wonder if Moses has fallen out of contention. Then again he might just be seeing a bright future for the Tigers and wants to stay on in any position,

WA Tiger

Bench
Won a GF, played heaps of origin games (16 vs Api’s 3) quite a few games of tier one international footy (13 vs API’s 0) and 130 more NRL games. He has been the Dally M hooker of the year twice (Api once) competing with Buderus and Smith and has been runner up for the Dally M player of the year twice.
I think you’ll find that Panther dude is in shock with those stats. He prob didn’t real time see any of that from Robbie, coz he was too young (shit even I’d forgotten Robbie was that decorated) A lot of those Penrith posters are good upstanding young men. I’m guessing STP’s would have to be the same age?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
As Robbie was walking around Leichardt Oval with his team mates after a game I told him he is a champion amongst champions. I meant that because not only was he a great player but I found him to be humble enough to interact with fans. Even to the extent that when I asked him at Brisbane airport after playing the Panthers if he would be playing again next year, a hot topic at the time, instead of brushing me off he said "I don't think so mate." Out of respect for the great man I didn't pass on a potential scoop.

I like the man. Always will.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
M

I like what I’m reading!
Those articles and comments are all propaganda from the king of cheap talk - Sheens.

This club needs to be realistic. The game today is zero like 2005. The way you find success now is off the back of strong defence.

In 2005 the Tigers conceded 23.96 points per game.

Parramatta (1st on the ladder)
Dragons (2nd)
Broncos (3rd)
Cowboys (5th)
Storm (6th)
Sharks (7th)
Roosters (9th)
Panthers (10th)
Warriors (11th)
all had better defence than the Tigers in 2005

In 2022 - the top 8 defensive sides all finished in the top 8 - Parramatta was the worst defensive team in the top 8, conceding 20.38 pts per game - almost a try per game less than the 2005 Tigers.

It would be stupid and idiotic to ignore this very clear issue.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

I've heard this far too much.

TBH - I've heard far too much from this club in the media this offseason.

Talk is cheap when you're holding a wooden spoon.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I've heard this far too much.

TBH - I've heard far too much from this club in the media this offseason.

Talk is cheap when you're holding a wooden spoon.
I can never hear too many positive stories about the Tigers. Especially not this off season considering all the stories about the Tigers last season.
Talk was cheap all last season about moving in the direction we want to go when there was nothing to back that up.
Any talk about being a genuine chance of top 8 this year is backed up by the signings we have made.

macnaz

Staff member
I would probably have preferred a low key off season and hit the season as unknowns and surprise a few sides , when a side is talked up and can't live up to expectations it can only be negative for a team's confidence and moral.

Hoofhearted

Juniors

cody kaye
@Cody_KayeFOX

Mitch Moses peppered hard about whether he’s staying at Parra or heading back to the Tigers. His answer… ‘it’s with my management… and yes it’ll be the hardest decision of my career.’ Not great reading for Eels fans hoping to read into something positive1675742455162.png

Someone2

Juniors
Which means his heart says to say with Parra but the Tigers have offered ridiculous money which is hard to turn down

does he want success or money ?

stay with Parra and he wins a premiership

go to the tigers and just sit back and relax for 5years and be a bottom 4 club and be at a club with no standards and it doesn’t matter how bad you perform you will still be making millions and in the team each week like Brooks

WA Tiger

Bench
Hahahaha That’s a good one..
We want maximum return Karma drama at Parra when word gets out
By round one Mitch says

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Which means his heart says to say with Parra but the Tigers have offered ridiculous money which is hard to turn down

does he want success or money ?

stay with Parra and he wins a premiership

go to the tigers and just sit back and relax for 5years and be a bottom 4 club and be at a club with no standards and it doesn’t matter how bad you perform you will still be making millions and in the team each week like Brooks
Stay with Parra is they slide further down the ladder each year now their best chance has gone with no hope of a premiership or go to the Tigers as they rise up the ladder with a chance of winning a premiership before he retires.

Those articles and comments are all propaganda from the king of cheap talk - Sheens.

This club needs to be realistic. The game today is zero like 2005. The way you find success now is off the back of strong defence.

In 2005 the Tigers conceded 23.96 points per game.

Parramatta (1st on the ladder)
Dragons (2nd)
Broncos (3rd)
Cowboys (5th)
Storm (6th)
Sharks (7th)
Roosters (9th)
Panthers (10th)
Warriors (11th)
all had better defence than the Tigers in 2005

In 2022 - the top 8 defensive sides all finished in the top 8 - Parramatta was the worst defensive team in the top 8, conceding 20.38 pts per game - almost a try per game less than the 2005 Tigers.

It would be stupid and idiotic to ignore this very clear issue.
I agree that we need to get the balance right.

There’s no point scoring if you can’t defend, may as well not bother.

Hopefully Tim is trying to put everyone off the scent.

As you know, he likes his dark arts. Cold War warrior from way back.