What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Think it was 30 million to 100s of million. If I'm wrong sure I'll know about it
neither QRL club produces financials publicly so couldn't tell you. Tigers are spending over $9mill of their own money on a new stadium and HQ project and spend $1mill a year now on pathways. They arent short, certainly not in terms of offering guarantees to the NRL on viability. So it didn't come down to wealth. hmmmmm

Pippen94

First Grade
neither QRL club produces financials publicly so couldn't tell you. Tigers are spending over $9mill of their own money on a new stadium and HQ project and spend $1mill a year now on pathways. They arent short, certainly not in terms of offering guarantees to the NRL on viability. So it didn't come down to wealth. hmmmmm

55 million to 100 million, so half as rich. Wonder if Perth bid can match firehawk's money?!

Perth Red

Post Whore
55 million to 100 million, so half as rich. Wonder if Perth bid can match firehawk's money?!
Where's your figures come from? Is that revenue or asset? How much is profit? Sage has nearly ten times that, doesn't mean Id want him owning our NRL club!

The decision wasn't due to Tigers lack of wealth to back a NRL club. I wonder what it was then? He who pays the piper.......

Perth Red

Post Whore
You lost. Redcliffe going since 1947 & survived decline of brl & heaven forfend superleague. Sage just left Perth glory
I lost what? Time replying to a troll like you? You're right there.
Answer the question where's your numbers from?

Sage hasnt left Glory, he has a dummy spit every year or two then backs down, usually in an attempt to get the WA Govt to give him a better deal at HBF Park. The fans are sick of him and the mess he has created at Glory.
Not that has any relevance to the point, just because someone has money doesn't make them the best choice for an NRL club, Sage, Tinkler, Illawarra LC et al are great examples.

Pippen94

First Grade
I lost what? Time replying to a troll like you? You're right there.
Answer the question where's your numbers from?

Sage hasnt left Glory, he has a dummy spit every year or two then backs down, usually in an attempt to get the WA Govt to give him a better deal at HBF Park. The fans are sick of him and the mess he has created at Glory.
Not that has any relevance to the point, just because someone has money doesn't make them the best choice for an NRL club, Sage, Tinkler, Illawarra LC et al are great examples.

I got it from news limited paper so plot thickens. Do you think Rupert's trying to kill Perth team before it can get up because he thinks reds are communist group?!

Sage doesn't pass personality test. Twiggy supports rugby because he's fond of sport. Sage backs glory, reds coz he likes his name in lights.

Sage may be best bet Perth have got tho

South Brisbane Scorpions has a ring!
Reality is until News Ltd Sell the Broncos and f**k off out of the game they wont let another club in that will challenge their Brisbane fiefdom. Hence why they insisted on a far flung northern suburb club for club 17.

A redeveloped QEII Stadium in Nathan would be perfect for the South Brisbane Scorpions.

Miles from Ipswich

Ipswich is miles from Logan and Brisbane.

Stadium at Springfield right between Ipswich & logan

Too far from Logan and the eastern suburbs of Brisbane.

Jets bid was Ipswich, Logan, Toowoomba..

Did they plan on calling themselves the Ipswich Logan Toowoomba Jets?

Logan deadshits

Show this to your mate from Penrith. It's more disturbing than anything I've seen in Logan.

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade
Ipswich is miles from Logan and Brisbane.

Too far from Logan and the eastern suburbs of Brisbane.

Did they plan on calling themselves the Ipswich Logan Toowoomba Jets?

Where have you been since western corridor bid?! Oh wait, here. They were going to be called Aboriginal name starting with J. That entire area was catchment.
Makes sense because all 3 not big enough on own.
Ipswich adjoins Logan. Put stadium right in middld, which was plan at start. Afl beat them to punch..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do believe in qanon by chance?! Seems like type who sees conspiracy in everything. Clear to everyone why doplins were picked. Probably same reason why NRL aren't jumping at perth
so the numbers are $30mill, $55mill or $100mill. You dont know if this is revenue, asset or the profit margins. And it was a news ltd source? Hahah yeh totally legit and exactly what Id be basing a spurious argument on!

You got the last bit right though, it is clear, they were the last threat to the Broncos and News Ltd's $2mill a year profit from them.

Pippen94

First Grade
so the numbers are $30mill, $55mill or $100mill. You dont know if this is revenue, asset or the profit margins. And it was a news ltd source? Hahah yeh totally legit and exactly what Id be basing a spurious argument on!

You got the last bit right though, it is clear, they were the last threat to the Broncos and News Ltd's $2mill a year profit from them.

Do you ever go out into society or just sit behind a keyboard all day crying conspiracy?! $2 million is accounting error for news.

Where have you been since western corridor bid?! Oh wait, here. They were going to be called Aboriginal name starting with J. That entire area was catchment.
Makes sense because all 3 not big enough on own.
Ipswich adjoins Logan. Put stadium right in middld, which was plan at start. Afl beat them to punch..

I remember now. Jagera Jets. If they're going to call themselves after the local indigenous tribe then they should make it the Jagera Koalas, Jagera Goannas or Jagera Quolls.

Latest posts