What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

Jono078

Referee
I
Apparently, even if Ponga has to sit out the whole season due to his concussions, we won't get any salary cap relief... It's not Ponga’s fault but the lad has been much more trouble than worth while he has been here.
I suppose it’s like a player doing his ACL. Tough luck.

This will set precedence though. If you’re a player with a history of being KO’d, it’s going to be harder to secure longer deals on good coin.

Sadly we’re the Guinea pigs here.

macavity

Referee
He will be back next week.

Hopefully doesn't have another problem at least for a long while.

It is just bad luck this one.

I still think he is better in the front line, can't be quite as targeted.

Nuke

Staff member
It's either 'hide on the field', or 'watch the game from the stands or pub' ... which are the two options right now.

Either way, he's getting $1.4m to do one or the other, so he may as well hide on the field because at least he's on the field.

perverse

Referee
69c7bd7d7c2ac06352bdee4dd5726a22

"Appreciate all the love and support over the past couple days (sic) <3"

"Whatever will be, will be. Appreciate you guys though thank you fam x"

Certainly some very serious discussions happening behind closed doors, one would think. Also some smoke about us applying for salary cap relief if we were to stand him down long term. Seems to me there's a good chance we've seen the last of him for a while.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
In theory, if he retires due to the ongoing risk of head knocks does he get paid out the amount for his contract? Presumably there’s insurance in place for the club right.

Yosh

Coach
Won't he be medically retired, like a lot of Roosters players? I think his salary is removed from the cap then.

Jono078

Referee
In theory, if he retires due to the ongoing risk of head knocks does he get paid out the amount for his contract? Presumably there’s insurance in place for the club right.
I think the NRL takes care of that.

Way to early to talk and I hope Ponga can get it right. But we’ll have a lot of cap if he retires and I’d be going hard for Suuali then.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think the NRL takes care of that.

Way to early to talk and I hope Ponga can get it right. But we’ll have a lot of cap if he retires and I’d be going hard for Suuali then.
Is Suualii THAT good though? No doubting he’s a good player but people are talking about him like he’s a once in a generation talent and I don’t think he’s shown that sort of level in the NRL yet. There was talk of him unseating Tedesco at fullback but so far the times he’s played fullback he hasn’t been a world beater.

Latest posts