What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Round 3 - Roosters vs Rabbitohs: Friday 17th March 8pm @Allianz Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
A very glorious good morning to all you South Sydney members and fans out there. Rise and shine, it's time to get up and get going as we prepare for all-out war tonight. That's right, it's game day! I've woken up with that intense feeling in my stomach today (you all know what I'm talking about) that tells me this isn't just any old game day. It's more than just a game tonight as we take on our bitter rivals the Roosters.

I've said this countless times before, but I'll say it again. Hate is an incredibly strong word but it's simply not a strong enough word to use when talking about the Roosters. I despise them and everything they're about and everything they stand for. There's 115 years of spite between our sides, genuine hate, genuine animosity, so there's no doubt this is the biggest rivalry in the game. That's why I say this is more than just a game. It's war. Everything is on the line when you play the Roosters. Time to write another chapter in the Book of Feuds.

It's hard to fully know what to expect from the Chooks tonight because they have had a pretty slow start to the year. However, this is typical of them in the past so I don't think we should read too much into that. It really does burn me to say this but I think they'll be up there as one of the best teams this year and I expect them to click tonight. They'll get themselves up for this one. You can't not get yourself up for this rivalry. However, I do expect them to play this one a little differently to normal. Surely, they've learnt by now that they lose their heads whenever they play us. Surely, they've learnt that. I think we'll see a bit of a different attitude from them and that could be dangerous.

In saying that, our boys will be so up for this too. They always are. As I have said, this isn't just a game, and the boys know that, they thrive off that. So, I want them to go out there and show that. Show what South Sydney is all about once again. In previous years, we've struck up a really good balance of being emotional without losing your head and clouding your Footy. That must continue tonight. Just gotta focus on us and don't buy into any of the shit. Show your feelings and your emotions legally. Don't worry about them, just worry about playing our style and sticking to our process. No doubt we need to improve on last week. As JD has said, we must 'step into the fight' right from the opening whistle and make our intentions clear. Our completion rate has got to be a big area of improvement tonight for mine, simply can't be making the errors we did last week, or they will make us pay. And of course, that defence needs to keep improving as it has been. Defend like you did last week boys, if not, better. Contain Tedesco, Manu and Suaalii, limit their impact (which is easier said than done) and that is the key to winning. If we can do that, I believe we have the edge in the forwards so we can get them.

Just fire up everyone! It's only 10am over here but my blood is already boiling. Want this game to kick off right now. Once again, the biggest rivalry is on. Once again, 115 years of hate is going to come to the fore. Once again, another chapter of the Book of Feuds will be written. Once again, a war will be won. Let's make it ours tonight!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are it’s Game Day once more and this one tonight is all and out war! That’s right this one has extra feeling and spice to it as we take on our arch rivals our enemies who we absolutely despise with a passion. That’s right the biggest most bitter rivalry in the game is back on again tonight 115 years of pure and utter hatred and the hate is as strong as it’s ever been as we taken on the Rorters tonight at Trellianz Stadium. Lately we have had the wood on the Rorters winning 5 of the last 6 I think so they’ll be desperate tonight to overturn that and get a win over us. We all remember the insanity of Sin Bin Sunday last year at Trellianz Stadium where we knocked them out and as I said they’ll be burning deep inside because of that. For us I think we are very focussed but go into this knowing we have a job to do. We were down a few troops last week and lost at Penrith so we are also very hungry to get back in that winners circle and to go 2 and 1. Whatever happens tonight it’ll be another fiery game I am sure and another chapter will be written in the book of feuds hopefully another victory to the way of the good guys!

For us tonight I’m hoping to see a good red and green turn out, we haven’t had a home game but let’s turn into one let’s take over Trellianz Stadium everyone who is going load your voices leave nothing in that tank I wanna hear that South Sydney chant loud and proud around Trellianz Stadium. Let’s bbbbooooooooo and let the ref know as well when the Rorters infringe so we also get our fair share of penalties and six agains. For us it’s about sticking to the task don’t get baited into the Rorters tactics of getting under our skin and putting us off our game. We need a completion rate much higher than last week we need to complete at 80percent and make sure our kicking game is on and we give the ball back to them in the corners make them work hard out of their own end and don’t piggyback them out. In the middle we need to stop the offloads that can be an issue for us so that’s a key focus. Our middles need to do a job as well and our bench in making good metres to allow our spine to get in and do their thing. And our edges need to be aware as plenty of questions will be asked of us out wide. For the Rorters they have threats all over the park Teddy will see this as a revenge game, they have Manu, Suaali, Jaxson Paulo will want a big game against us but I see him as a weakness on that wing on AJ side one where we can target and keep peppering him. They have Keary and S. Walker very dangerous in the halves. They also get Radley, JWH back tonight and they have Collins too who has been playing strong. So yeah plenty of threats so we can’t lapse in concentration I’m expecting them to come out hard and fast and we need to weather the storm.

SO OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS WHETHER AT TRELLIANZ STADIUM OR AT HOME OR OVERSEAS EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET AT 8PM TONIGHT PROUD TOGETHER WE STAND AS ONE CHEER TIL YOU YAVE NO VOICE LEFT AND CLAP YOUR HANDS AS HARD AS YOU CAN!!! WEAR THOSE COLOURS PROUDLY GET THE BOYS HOME WITH THAT W AND WRITE ANOTHER CHAPTER TO THE GOOD GUYS IN THE BOOK OF FEUDS! LETS FEAST ON ROAST CHOOK TONIGHT LETS GO RABBITOHS!!! GLORY GLORY SSTID!!!

THERES ONLY ONE SOUTH SYDNEY ONE SOUTH SYDNEY WALKING ALONG SINGING GLORY GLORY GLORY ALL THE WAY!!!

SSTID SSTID I KNOW I AM IM SURE I AM SSTID!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

ALL RABBITOHS STAND UP ALL RABBBITOHS STAND UP!!!! AALLLLLLLLL RRRAAAAABBBBIIITTOOOHHSSS!!!!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Livid. Just absolutely livid with our performance tonight. Fuming. Such a great start, we were looking so friggin dominant and I was honestly thinking a nice, relaxing game was on the cards. Great game plan, full of focus and energy, we looked great! really looked like the Chooks were going to be in for a long night.

So what the actual f**k happened?? Seriously? I'm dumbfounded. Terrible, rancid performance for the next 60 mins. Started cruising and became lazy. 15 f**king errors, penalties and set restarts galore with some pretty poor defence to boot. It was about as bad as it gets. I just don't understand how it comes to that after the way we started? So f**king angry! We did everything we could to lose that game and we did. Just so dumb and the entire squad should hang their heads in shame.

Seriously, complete well and we win that, I truly believe that. Just appalled and disgusted at my team. Of all oppositions it just had to happen against the Roosters too.

The referee was terrible, we had no 50/50 calls, no six-agains, and the second Paulo try was an obstruction all day but I ain't blaming the ref. This is all on the players.

We're better than this, we're better than them.

This might be harsh but I am just fuming. We're chasing a Premiership and demand far better. It is simply not acceptable and there are no excuses.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Can we please get through a game without losing a forward first set I’m f**king over it. As soon as we get 1-2 back we lose 1-2 through injury.

So many Souths fans tonight seem just about ready to jump off the gap. It was so hot at the game I was dripping in sweat the whole game. Arrow will make a big difference in the middle he has to play next week.

Our biggest issue is holding the ball and in the air same as last year beating ourselves. Yes we aren’t getting a rub of the green currently but it can turn. The second a Rorters fan booed tonight they got a six again or penalty instantly that’s exactly what we have to do the next 2 home games get out there support the boys and get into the ref relentlessly. The 4-1 six again count tonight didn’t help. Murray made a 35 metre run then there was a second effort on him and they were 4 metres offside and we got nothing.

Trell everyone should lay off him he was marked well and I thought he got his hands on the ball more than usual had 16 hit ups. He busted his arse.

AJ not the best game especially in defence doesn’t help though when Manu is holding you away from attempting a tackle of saving a try.

Campbell: Very strong tireless but bombed a try.

Tass: Not his best night was very hard marking Manu. He tried his best.

Thompson: A mixed bag got found out on their second try. He did offer good hit ups out of trouble and made a couple of strong tackles. Would’ve had 2 tries had Campbell passed.

Cody: Not his best game he’s a bit out of sorts had a strong first half but not so good second half.

Lachy: Made some strong tackles but made too many errors 4 of them and an avg kicking game.

Junior: 149 metres was a strong first game back.

Cook: Made some very strong runs made over 100 metres tackled his heart out but a couple of poor passes.

Sele: Bloke has no luck.

Keaon: Worked very hard was so gassed at back end of both halves on a hot night he gave it everything…

Chee Kam: Wasn’t good but wasn’t bad. Did his job I guess but a poor error second half.

Murray: What can you say works so hard he couldn’t walk early on second half so had to have that 13mins spell. Murray is an inspiration out there.

Tom: Was pretty strong but fell off a couple of tackles.

Moale: Was a bit out of his depth tonight found it hard…

Shaq: He was good better than Moale but unfortunately now has a foot injury great another middle down.

Jed: Was solid in limited mins.

All in all guys it wasn’t meant to be tonight I’m not overly worried. Arrow back next week is a big in and Hosty. JD will have them up next week. Better the scum beat us now and we beat them when it counts and we will I saw enough there tonight! As I said we bombed about 3-4 tries.

Can we please get through a game without losing a forward first set I’m f**king over it. As soon as we get 1-2 back we lose 1-2 through injury.

So many Souths fans tonight seem just about ready to jump off the gap. It was so hot at the game I was dripping in sweat the whole game. Arrow will make a big difference in the middle he has to play next week.

Our biggest issue is holding the ball and in the air same as last year beating ourselves. Yes we aren’t getting a rub of the green currently but it can turn. The second a Rorters fan booed tonight they got a six again or penalty instantly that’s exactly what we have to do the next 2 home games get out there support the boys and get into the ref relentlessly. The 4-1 six again count tonight didn’t help. Murray made a 35 metre run then there was a second effort on him and they were 4 metres offside and we got nothing.

Trell everyone should lay off him he was marked well and I thought he got his hands on the ball more than usual had 16 hit ups. He busted his arse.

AJ not the best game especially in defence doesn’t help though when Manu is holding you away from attempting a tackle of saving a try.

Campbell: Very strong tireless but bombed a try.

Tass: Not his best night was very hard marking Manu. He tried his best.

Thompson: A mixed bag got found out on their second try. He did offer good hit ups out of trouble and made a couple of strong tackles. Would’ve had 2 tries had Campbell passed.

Cody: Not his best game he’s a bit out of sorts had a strong first half but not so good second half.

Lachy: Made some strong tackles but made too many errors 4 of them and an avg kicking game.

Junior: 149 metres was a strong first game back.

Cook: Made some very strong runs made over 100 metres tackled his heart out but a couple of poor passes.

Sele: Bloke has no luck.

Keaon: Worked very hard was so gassed at back end of both halves on a hot night he gave it everything…

Chee Kam: Wasn’t good but wasn’t bad. Did his job I guess but a poor error second half.

Murray: What can you say works so hard he couldn’t walk early on second half so had to have that 13mins spell. Murray is an inspiration out there.

Tom: Was pretty strong but fell off a couple of tackles.

Moale: Was a bit out of his depth tonight found it hard…

Shaq: He was good better than Moale but unfortunately now has a foot injury great another middle down.

Jed: Was solid in limited mins.

All in all guys it wasn’t meant to be tonight I’m not overly worried. Arrow back next week is a big in and Hosty. JD will have them up next week. Better the scum beat us now and we beat them when it counts and we will I saw enough there tonight! As I said we bombed about 3-4 tries.

You can't play yourself

truthslayer

Juniors
I HATE bagging the ref , but he had a shocker , along with the bunker.THERE were other reasons why Souths lost, those calls lost us vital moments . SUTTON is a poor ref at the best of times.

THE dropouts by easts stemmed momentum as they had the ball back from Souths keeping them contained in the ingoal.

GRAHAM played great , but cost us a try by being selfish. He will learn from this.

EASTS halves out played our halves. Walker was poor and gave away stupid penalty’s, whilst LACHY except from early play was terrible, ball control, kicks average,and hardly ran the ball, some one said last week he’s worried too much about his hair, I am starting to believe that.

Ball control is a serious issue and I am not sold with cheekam.
Again we had enough chances to put chooks away. But this is happening way to much and I AM PRETTY fed up,

, I am pissed at some of our players, and Murray cannot be off the field for any length of time, other players need to step up, and hame Sele only has to sneeze before he is off.
THE sooner JAI ARROW gets back the better, why is TAAFe on the bench if he is not being used.

that’s my rant.

callmack1

Staff member

Nafedogg

Juniors
I thought with Cody getting his personal life in order, this year might be different…but his brain fades are costing us. Last week the push leading to dropped play the ball, this week the Sam Walker push in the back leading to 1 of 2 penalties. Not good enough.

Refereeing was no excuse, the boys took their foot off leading up to half time, it’s what we are known for, letting the opposing team score before the break, we had a chance. Whilst Roosters were equally poor with dropped balls, they made it count when they held onto it.

once again, on to next week.

Latest posts