What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Super League's so called best hooker Kruise Lemming has left Leeds and been linked to the NRL. The cowboys were rumoured front runners but according to several English articles there not interested and never held any conversations. Dear lord please let it be us

What a great name as well.

Gazzamatta

Coach
And piss poor defence, we're currently coming dead last conceding 80 points with incidentally Storm second last I think.
While there are some positive signs with our A, our D has been beyond bad. Hopefully its individuals and not systems. Surely a new D Coach has made adjustments. Lets face it, players like Waqa and Bailey will burn you most games. No Kaufusi or Ice has also been exposed. Doorey and Hopgood need to get up to NRL pace. Lots of excuses I know. Match fitness, Matto and Lane should make a difference but until Blake and Bailey ride off into the sunset its hard to see consistent improvement. Fingers crossed.

TheRam

Coach
How do we fix our side Ram? Are we cooked?

For this year, only getting an NRL ready and standard 3rd and or 4th front row forward for our bench rotation can fix us as long as we don't lose our dummy half or any other significant injuries of course.

This is the only way we can utilise the power game that Baldy loves so much without burning the 2 we have that are the envy of all the rest of the NRL but we are to stupid to prop(pun intended) them up for when it counts.

The only other way to ease there burden would be to find a winger or two that can ruck it out like a prop that can take at least 10 hit ups like a forward and make around 200 metres a game that way. Good luck finding him at this stage of the season and for an affordable price. Forwards are much more available and cheaper too. I'm not even talking 60 mins forwards either. I would settle for 20 mins as long as those 20 are effective and we don't lost the middle and therefore when the 2 palookas come back they aren't needing to wrestle the momentum back or play catch up but instead are powering over the top of the now worn out opposition that hasn't been given a breather and is struggling to keep pace.

You know like when even that dumb arse Walters used Haas in the last ten mins of last Fridays game and totally broke the back of the Dragons. We too could do things like that if we had worked harder in getting front rowers to our club that can actually hold the middle.

In stead Baldy has absolutely no confidence in the bench that he has and therefore leaves the 2 out there for as long as he can to get the maximum out of them and says dumb things in interviews like they are on the big buck therefore they need to do most of the heavy lifting. What an imbecile. Never heard Trent Robinson utter such words about JWH in last nights interview on 360 or ever. To the contrary, he stipulates support for his marquee players and a team mentality approach always.

hindy111

Post Whore
For this year, only getting an NRL ready and standard 3rd and or 4th front row forward for our bench rotation can fix us as long as we don't lose our dummy half or any other significant injuries of course.

This is the only way we can utilise the power game that Baldy loves so much without burning the 2 we have that are the envy of all the rest of the NRL but we are to stupid to prop(pun intended) them up for when it counts.

The only other way to ease there burden would be to find a winger or two that can ruck it out like a prop that can take at least 10 hit ups like a forward and make around 200 metres a game that way. Good luck finding him at this stage of the season and for an affordable price. Forwards are much more available and cheaper too. I'm not even talking 60 mins forwards either. I would settle for 20 mins as long as those 20 are effective and we don't lost the middle and therefore when the 2 palookas come back they aren't needing to wrestle the momentum back or play catch up but instead are powering over the top of the now worn out opposition that hasn't been given a breather and is struggling to keep pace.

You know like when even that dumb arse Walters used Haas in the last ten mins of last Fridays game and totally broke the back of the Dragons. We too could do things like that if we had worked harder in getting front rowers to our club that can actually hold the middle.

In stead Baldy has absolutely no confidence in the bench that he has and therefore leaves the 2 out there for as long as he can to get the maximum out of them and says dumb things in interviews like they are on the big buck therefore they need to do most of the heavy lifting. What an imbecile. Never heard Trent Robinson utter such words about JWH in last nights interview on 360 or ever. To the contrary, he stipulates support for his marquee players and a team mentality approach always.

I said similar Ram. You need backs who make damaging runs. Coach needs to make players want to rip in and busy tackles. Run hard and if they aren't making 120mtrs a game you drop them. Even if there isn't anyone better you need to show them who is boss. To often ourbpkayers are not doing their job yet get given the ok week after week. If we don't win this weekend he needs to fire a few bullets.
Simmonson has to go this week. Waqa one more chance. I'd tell Waqa if you do t make 120 your next.
Murchie and Moimesea look like NSW CUP players. Why not blood the young kids? Matalele and Morretti can do their jobs.

TheRam

Coach
Ok without knowing anything about Super League I did a quick search and came up with this Polish beast. He is coming back from shoulder surgery, but he seems like a good one.

Mikolaj Oledzki

He is big 191m 115kg runs like a bull and hits like a train. Plays for Leeds and is only 24 years old so is coming into his best years. He seems like a type of player that would thrive in a setup like ours that he can come on from the bench and play 20 min spells. for RCG or Junior when they need a spell and then as he acclimatises would start as well.

Now that is how you build a strong forward roster. We have around $500k. I would spend it all on him and Leeds would probably want a transfer fee and our coach as a bonus/threat. I would give it and him to them, remember that it doesn't come under the salary cap.

Jeez, do I have to do everything for f**k sake!! I told you it ain't that fu*king hard.

hindy111

Post Whore
Jake Arthur was electric in the Eels’ win over Blacktown, setting up two tries, getting two linebreak assists and running for 149 metres. He also forced a dropout, but did kick dead too.

Glenneel

Bench
Super League's so called best hooker Kruise Lemming has left Leeds and been linked to the NRL. The cowboys were rumoured front runners but according to several English articles there not interested and never held any conversations. Dear lord please let it be us
Would we be sensible enough to consider him? I'm with you, I hope so. I doubt the Cowboys need or can afford another quality hooker.

Glenneel

Bench
While there are some positive signs with our A, our D has been beyond bad. Hopefully its individuals and not systems. Surely a new D Coach has made adjustments. Lets face it, players like Waqa and Bailey will burn you most games. No Kaufusi or Ice has also been exposed. Doorey and Hopgood need to get up to NRL pace. Lots of excuses I know. Match fitness, Matto and Lane should make a difference but until Blake and Bailey ride off into the sunset its hard to see consistent improvement. Fingers crossed.
Think Simonsson will be ok without Blake outside him. Bring in Cini or someone who can at least be trained to defend. Blake has had enough chances and needs to be dropped but don't hold your breath hoping the coach will do that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore