What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Mojo

Bench
f**k Clarke, f**k the media, f**k NRL 360, f**k Kenty, f**k anyone in here for again jumping on the clubs back over this.

There is hardly a person in this forum that wants Hook to be here next year and that being the case you need to go to the market.

In saying that timing is everything so if Bellamy is starting to say this maybe it for him no doubt The Storm will be out early trying to sign their new coach and that can cause a huge disruption in where coaches might / might not be or go.

I actually don't think they will go with Newby but if Bellamy stays on as "godfather" then maybe they go for Ryles.

Therefore if Ryles is on our list then best we interview him asap and if he ticks the boxes sign him.

So if us being proactive is now somehow a shameful act then people need to rethink their position as we owe no one any favours and about time we became a bit cutthroat in our dealings.

NB: Many believed that Bud & Sloan were given some guarantees for them to stay with us, well maybe this is just a confirmation of that.
I agree OT. Hook‘s had his issues for sure. He’s also faced some challenges that would have wilted many others. The Board has been honest and up-front, which I applaud. Media loudmouths say whatever they like. Usually, volume and ignorance are directly correlated.

justadragon

Bench
f**k Clarke, f**k the media, f**k NRL 360, f**k Kenty, f**k anyone in here for again jumping on the clubs back over this.

There is hardly a person in this forum that wants Hook to be here next year and that being the case you need to go to the market.

In saying that timing is everything so if Bellamy is starting to say this maybe it for him no doubt The Storm will be out early trying to sign their new coach and that can cause a huge disruption in where coaches might / might not be or go.

I actually don't think they will go with Newby but if Bellamy stays on as "godfather" then maybe they go for Ryles.

Therefore if Ryles is on our list then best we interview him asap and if he ticks the boxes sign him.

So if us being proactive is now somehow a shameful act then people need to rethink their position as we owe no one any favours and about time we became a bit cutthroat in our dealings.

NB: Many believed that Bud & Sloan were given some guarantees for them to stay with us, well maybe this is just a confirmation of that.
See your point OT, but we could have been proactive at the end of last season rather than now.

Parko1310

Juniors
give hook harans job get a new coach
I don't mind this approach at all, it just won't happen though due to potential bitterness/awkwardness/image. Hook has shown at all of his clubs an ability to completely rebuild a roster and bring it into a shape where there are only a few pieces of the puzzle missing. He's never been given the opportunity to finish off the rebuild. I think having someone like Hook in Haran's role is actually a really good option, that way he isn't selecting the team, isn't doing the bench rotation and someone more capable of being an actual coach can step in. I would love for Hook to stick around in that capacity, I just don't see it happening though.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
View attachment 71565hi guys, I’d like to apply for the coaching role.

steve-price-415x285.jpg

me too!

SnowDragon

Juniors
Wow… the outrage about our approach just CONFIRMED the media’s pov, the hate for the dragons out there really pisses me off. They are a.ways going to take the negative. Exact same response from another team would be applauded.

as I understand it, the decision was made pre-season. It’s fair and honest. hook is told he will be based on his results, so some numpty says he has to re-apply.

yes we could have and maybe we’re targeting a specific coach like the sharks did, but here it is leaked and suddenly its a disaster. We may be reviewing, why not?

for those who wanted Hook to stay, it’s still a chance if he gets results, for others, it looks like you get you wish.

jak

Bench
I was born and bred in Kogarah. I now live in Qld and am close to retirement. I rarely argue with anyone. I’m a hopeless tactician but great with a spreadsheet. I reckon I’d be perfect. Happy to accept $750k p.a. plus a block of flats in Hobart and a decent cabin cruiser in remuneration.
good god man what a personal sacrifice you're willing to make on behalf off our club and the fans on this forum, you sir are truly the SAINT we have been waiting for.