What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs the eels

The Realist

Juniors
Hoskins must stay in this team. He played really well.

2 things.

I’m not one to whinge about refereeing, but we got shafted tonight.

If Soni Luke stays on the field we win that.

Big IF. Lots of IFS and BUTS. Soni Luke is the type of player who will get injured/HIA etc. You have to accept that as reality and plan around that possibility.

Girds89

Bench
Attack is cooked.

Ivan needs to bite the bullet and give some blokes with some attacking flair a go.

Ivan bench rotations cooked again.

If critta plays like that again he may aswell leave now.

Deadset absolutely took the piss all night....

All the other outside backs were 180m plus and and he had 5 runs all night for 67m haha.

He was an embarrasment out there tonight. Didn't even have a crack.

Garner is a plod and unfit. Hosking tries hard and can play 80 at least..

Back to the drawing board for Ivan.

I like Kenny... but he's just not a starting 9.. he can come on and play the middle role. But service is just to slow..

With Luke out next week Ivan needs to get real....

We aren't going anywhere this year unless there's some changes.

People can say it's rd4 and it's early in the year etc but it's just a fact. We don't have the x factor..

Geyer probs needs to be thrown in. He's not ready but it's hard not to imagine this as a bit of a building year

Iamback

Coach
Attack is cooked.

Ivan needs to bite the bullet and give some blokes with some attacking flair a go.

All the other outside backs were 180m plus and and he had 5 runs all night for 67m haha.

I like Kenny... but he's just not a starting 9.. he can come on and play the middle role. But service is just to slow..

People can say it's rd4 and it's early in the year etc but it's just a fact. We don't have the x factor..

Geyer probs needs to be thrown in. He's not ready but it's hard not to imagine this as a bit of a building year

He can't yet, The F/T squad has no attacking flair. Needs to wait until the 2nd tier players can play

Flashstep

Juniors
Attack is cooked.

Chrichton didn’t really run much, but the same can be said for our starting front row. When Spencer Leinu is making more metres then Fisher Harris and Leota you know we’re f**ked.

Ivan wants to run a 2 forward bench for some reason whilst our back 3 are pretty much our forward pack, what line of thinking this is I’ll never know. It worked before when the forwards chipped in but they were pathetic tonight.

Iamback

Coach
You’ve got to expect more from your origin halves. Controlled field position in that second half and neither fired a shot until the last 5 minutes.

I think Cleary in particular is playing poorly but it is coaching too. Every time we spread it the defence knows what is coming

We are attacking like we have Api and Kiks still

Fangs

Coach
For those who are still unsure about where we are at...A very good football team, but its no longer the team of 21/22. We simply don't have the firepower.

However on our day we can beat any team. We just need to grind out our wins. Its an even tussle with the flashy sides like the Roosters or Broncos. We just need to play our game and 3 in a row is still possible.

Massive match against Canberra next week. At least we get the long turn around.

The Realist

Juniors
You’ve got to expect more from your origin halves. Controlled field position in that second half and neither fired a shot until the last 5 minutes.

I am a huge Luai fan - but he honestly looks like a blog average 5/8 at the moment.

Also anyone noticed that Cleary is not the same field position kicker he was in 20/21? 2022 he took a step back and it looks like in 2023 he has again. No longer sends fear into the hearts of opposition wingers/fullbacks. The towering spiral is now a rarity.

Iamback

Coach
Chrichton didn’t really run much, but the same can be said for our starting front row. When Spencer Leinu is making more metres then Fisher Harris and Leota you know we’re f**ked.

Ivan wants to run a 2 forward bench for some reason whilst our back 3 are pretty much our forward pack, what line of thinking this is I’ll never know. It worked before when the forwards chipped in but they were pathetic tonight.

No other teams runs with 2 forwards, Hopefully Ivan sees the light before we fall too far behind the pack

BossleyPanther

Juniors
You can walk into any u14's team playing on Sat and find a better hooker
We had Api, Hands and Egan. All playing for other clubs. Who is going to replace Luke next week? If it's Peachy, I can say Cleary as a coach here is over, new blood needs to be installed.

Iamback

Coach
For those who are still unsure about where we are at...A very good football team, but its no longer the team of 21/22. We simply don't have the firepower.

However on our day we can beat any team. We just need to grind out our wins. Its an even tussle with the flashy sides like the Roosters or Broncos. We just need to play our game and 3 in a row is still possible.

Massive match against Canberra next week. At least we get the long turn around.

Elite defence will win us some games, Whether it is enough to push for the comp. Time will tell

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Geez Luai has been shit. He’s been trying but honestly he hasn’t come close to linebreak assist or try assist all year. To many passengers in our spine during good attacking sets, it’s all on cleary to create, luais got nothing, Kenny’s got nothing and in that part of the game edwards has nothing.
He doesn't trust Garner and cuts out to Tago.

Fangs

Coach
On Cleary.

Tackled on the 4 plenty of times. And most of the night short chips which were all defused. If we build a bit more pressure through the drop out we create more points.

Easier time next week to practice this. Canberra can be exposed in the back 3.

Fangs

Coach
Elite defence will win us some games, Whether it is enough to push for the comp. Time will tell

I think in this 17 man comp its enough.

Not that we rest on our laurels. But we are a hardened side. I still back us over Cows/Sharks. In games against flashy teams I say its even.

Iamback

Coach
Geez Luai has been shit. He’s been trying but honestly he hasn’t come close to linebreak assist or try assist all year. To many passengers in our spine during good attacking sets, it’s all on cleary to create, luais got nothing, Kenny’s got nothing and in that part of the game edwards has nothing.

He ran more metres than both our starting props tonight, both halves are running it due to no other options

The Realist

Juniors

Yep. I like them both but JFH is on the decline and is not as good as diehard Panthers fans make him out to be. Neither is Leota.

Latest posts