What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs the eels

Original Name

Juniors
To the delight of many on this forum the move 1/3 of the people here have talking about for years is finally going to happen. Nathan Cleary to hooker./s
I haven't seen any of our games this season yet, so I have a genuine question for those that have: any indication that losing our two assistants has made much of a difference in the coaching side of things? Or is it just the direct loss of Korisau and Kikau combined with key players down on form?
It would impossible to 100% say for certain regarding assistant coaches unless they're Blade or someone like that. That's just a level too deep for someone to judge from the outside looking in to judge.

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
Need way way more in attack to gonplaces this year..

Issue is purely we lack x factor... I mean did anyone really truly believe we could replace api and kiks?

Garner will be lucky to be in the team when martin's back. He was gassed after 7mins. Must've been putting in west tigers style in the pre season.

Hosking really doesn't offer much either but at least he was solid and went the 80.

There's only so much Nathan can do. Dylan was everywhere tonight. Yeo never stopped trying..

I thought bar garner and critta they all had a dig.

Honestly if critta plays like that again.... seriously 5 runs in 83mins of football we should look to see who will take him early and front load a few guys for next year. Might give us a bit of coin to jag someone.

Cole or Peachy or Jenkins could easily have put in the effort he did today.

Glad he's off to the dogs next year.

Panfa

Juniors
Garner can go back to the tigers he was shit for 30 mins then wasnt sighted again thats telling ya something.Hosking was one of our best he tackled his heart out and scored the try that got us back in it.Surely peachey has to come on to the bench.I would start hosking and drop garner for peach.

Murraymob1

Juniors
We don’t look to have the squad to win this year but still could give it a shake better bench rotation will help.We have lost our 2 games by 1 point .Losing by big scores is not fixable
Losing by 1 is .fixable This year more than any no side will dominate runs of wins and loses will happen .Fix up the mistakes and dumb penalties will help a lot

The Realist

Juniors
But again. Both were signed before last pre-season, plenty of time to sort shit out

That's the point. We haven't sorted it out. We just hope and pray that the fringe players we sign from other clubs just kick on or thhat one of our young juniors just bursts onto the scene.

We have been fortunate till now, but it looks like the 'luck' has run out.

How the hell are Garner and Hosking not fit given a full pre-season? Yes I know Hosking played 80 mins and tackled well but he was SLOW getting back into position many times. He looked buggered out there.

Add Leota and Fish just phoning it in with their carries and it doesn't look good.

20-22 Panther ball is dead. The league is prepared for it and we not longer have our attacking trump cards to change the game when it's not working.

This is clearly a failure of our head coach to plan ahead and change things up.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Ivan Cleary needs to make some tough decisions about team selections and also our style of play. We don’t have the talent anymore to play as conservatively as we often prefer to and still win games regularly enough to be a Top 4 side. Ignoring the past years and purely focusing on this year, we don’t look a contender. The Eels defence had been poor in the last couple of games and then our stumbling attack makes it look strong..

BossleyPanther

Juniors
So many average players in this team. Kenny, Garner, Salman Can't have them all in. Gotta bring some weapons in. Our planning has been dumb and management being to close to players being easy going has cost us. There 2 tries from 2 ex players of ours.

If you were not to play Kenny and Luke being out, who replaces them? Somerton, Mason? Peachy on bench?

The Realist

Juniors
I’d like to see Cleary run more, that’s where his attacking ability is best.

He did a fair few times - but I counted at least 4 instances of him being tackled on the 5th with absolutely nothing doing and nobody in support. We look lost out there. Literally 2019 vibes again.

Original Name

Juniors
Ivan Cleary needs to make some tough decisions about team selections and also our style of play. We don’t have the talent anymore to play as conservatively and still win games regularly enough to be a Top 4 side. Ignoring the past years and purely focusing on this year, we don’t look a contender. The Eels defence had been poor in the last couple of games and then our stumbling attack makes it look strong..
People aren't static, unchanging week to week or even minute to minute. Neither are conditions with it being wet here. Eels defended well against the Storm in week 1. They defended well against us. In between that they have clearly dipped in intensity.
He did a fair few times - but I counted at least 4 instances of him being tackled on the 5th with absolutely nothing doing and nobody in support. We look lost out there. Literally 2019 vibes again.
It's Ivan's philosophy to have his halves run the ball to create quick play the balls, you're expected to pass as a half so players will hold off on you making your running game more dangerous compared to other players. So the thought process seems to be Jarome on last with no kick pressure off a quick play the ball>Cleary on the last with players rushing him off a slower play the ball.

Nath did this all the time when we went back to back?

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
So many average players in this team. Kenny, Garner, Salman Can't have them all in. Gotta bring some weapons in. Our planning has been dumb and management being to close to players being easy going has cost us. There 2 tries from 2 ex players of ours.

If you were not to play Kenny and Luke being out, who replaces them? Somerton, Mason? Peachy on bench?

Sommerton is NSW Cup hooker. Peachey bench

Iamback

Coach
That's the point. We haven't sorted it out. We just hope and pray that the fringe players we sign from other clubs just kick on or thhat one of our young juniors just bursts onto the scene.

We have been fortunate till now, but it looks like the 'luck' has run out.

How the hell are Garner and Hosking not fit given a full pre-season? Yes I know Hosking played 80 mins and tackled well but he was SLOW getting back into position many times. He looked buggered out there.

Add Leota and Fish just phoning it in with their carries and it doesn't look good.

20-22 Panther ball is dead. The league is prepared for it and we not longer have our attacking trump cards to change the game when it's not working.

This is clearly a failure of our head coach to plan ahead and change things up.

But drop kicks on here said nothing was wrong

most fans saw it yet the club didn't or were too loyal to the players we had here

Latest posts