What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob Liddle

possm

Coach
If the rumour is correct that the Dragons are keen on this Kruise Leeming from Super League, are they waiting on him agreeing to sign with us and if so, also look at re-signing Liddle? We already have several so called hookers in the lower grades don't we, so I don't know?
Our acting recruitment manager (Haran) is dope and does not know what he is doing. Surely the Saints can do better than this.

Sloth

Juniors
Watched the highlights of Leeming (haven't really watched the SL in many years) and didn't really see too much of him at dummy half. Looked a good support player but was mostly standing in the halfback spot in the highlights. The ones he was at dummy half he looked to be good at going the shortside and counting numbers. Nothing that really strikes me as an improvement on Liddle, major improvement on Mbye however if that is who we are replacing. It's a shame there are no lowlight videos to compare.

Parko1310

Juniors
Watched the highlights of Leeming (haven't really watched the SL in many years) and didn't really see too much of him at dummy half. Looked a good support player but was mostly standing in the halfback spot in the highlights. The ones he was at dummy half he looked to be good at going the shortside and counting numbers. Nothing that really strikes me as an improvement on Liddle, major improvement on Mbye however if that is who we are replacing. It's a shame there are no lowlight videos to compare.
It would be to replace Mbye if we got him I would say

JamesRustle

First Grade
He's 27 and never cracked the senior England team... not sure what all the fuss is about. Hope he get's hyped up so much that the Tigers pay $1,000,000 to land him. I think we've landed a hidden gem with Liddle and can ease in bring ing through the juniors. Mbye is depth at best.

Dragon David

First Grade
He's 27 and never cracked the senior England team... not sure what all the fuss is about. Hope he get's hyped up so much that the Tigers pay $1,000,000 to land him. I think we've landed a hidden gem with Liddle and can ease in bring ing through the juniors. Mbye is depth at best.
Leeming has signed with the Titans as per Foxsports News -

TITANS LAND KEY SIGNING

THE Gold Coast Titans have beaten the Parramatta Eels for the signature of Leeds Rhinos hooker Kruise Leeming.

Leeming, 27, will become the latest English Super League player to try his hand in the NRL after the Titans moved swiftly following the injury to new recruit Sam Verrills.

Verrills, who won a premiership with the Roosters in 2019, underwent surgery on a fractured collarbone on Monday and is expected to be out of action for up to six weeks.

The livewire Leeming is currently awaiting visa approval before he’ll join the Gold Coast.

The Eels had also shown an interest in signing Leeming before the Titans were able to get the deal done in 48 hours earlier this week.

Dragon David

First Grade
Leeming has signed with the Titans as per Foxsports News -

TITANS LAND KEY SIGNING

THE Gold Coast Titans have beaten the Parramatta Eels for the signature of Leeds Rhinos hooker Kruise Leeming.

Leeming, 27, will become the latest English Super League player to try his hand in the NRL after the Titans moved swiftly following the injury to new recruit Sam Verrills.

Verrills, who won a premiership with the Roosters in 2019, underwent surgery on a fractured collarbone on Monday and is expected to be out of action for up to six weeks.

The livewire Leeming is currently awaiting visa approval before he’ll join the Gold Coast.

The Eels had also shown an interest in signing Leeming before the Titans were able to get the deal done in 48 hours earlier this week.
It is amazing how quickly some clubs can sign up new players - like in a flash.

Our new signings take forever to be confirmed.

possm

Coach
I don't like him a Liddle, I like him a whole lot mad props to the kid we look so much better when he's on the field hope he stays fit and healthy cause I am loving what I am seeing so far.
Yes, Hunt and Liddle to share the hooking role.

possm

Coach
For me, it should be a Hunt/Liddle hooker rotation with Liddle coming off the bench. In that way, the Dragons would lose nothing. Mbye is an 800k waste of salary cap.

If Hunt decides to follow Griffin out the door and Mbye moves on, the Dragons would have around 1.8m to spend on a couple of marquees (SOO-ranked players).