What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 team

steerlerbab

Juniors
Wooden Spoon here we come unless Hook goes this week and maybe one of the assistants can get this team on track. It will take 3 to 4 weeks. Why Mbye was not dropped and Liddle was dropped this week was total mystery. By the time he left we were 10 points behind and we lost by 2 points and this has been happening for the last 5 weeks.

Crush

Coach
We don’t need Sloan, Amone and Sullivan to be the future as a combined trio. Why do we always group players together like a set menu?
To me Sullivan looks very likely to have a big career, Sloan the jury is out and Amone doesn’t look like he offers much at all.
It doesn’t need to be that our future is these THREE players.

Dragon David

First Grade
Again, we couldn't close the game up. It was a typical down the bottom of the table game between two struggling joint venture teams. Both sides would have been walloped by any of the current top 8 teams.

A win by us would have given us a moment of happiness but even if we did win, it would have been a "meh" one. But unfortunately it was the same ending as the last few games.

We need a decent coach with decent players even to make the top 8.

since77

Juniors
What sums up us to a tee is the drop out going out just after crossing the 10.
They must of walked under a ladder or crossed a black cat or broke a mirror.
Well the trend now is to make a contest of the drop out. Of course a Griffin coached side always kicks it long. We’re the only team these days that just gives the ball back to the opposition. Also Amone kicking on the 3rd tackle to give them the dropout is representative of how dumb this team is week in, week out.

For what it's worth, and not like it would make any difference... my side for next weekend would be:

1 Lomax 2 Sloan 3 Feagai 4 Feagai 5 Rava 6 Hunt 7 Sullivan 13 JdB 12 Su'a 11 BMM 10 Lawrie 9 Liddell 8 Kerr
14 Couchman 15 Lui-Toso 16 Suli (2nd row) 17 Molo 18 J Hunt

Sloan is not a fullback's butthole, but as a winger he could be as valuable as Blacklock was in the past. Lomax is my FB choice simply cos he isn't Mybe. The Feagai twins are centres, so play them there FFS. Suli has size but no brains. Let him run out wide as an edge forward, try and bend or break the line and stop trying to be "creative". Bird can rot in KoE, as can Mbye and Burns. They effin' stink.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
We don’t need Sloan, Amone and Sullivan to be the future as a combined trio. Why do we always group players together like a set menu?
To me Sullivan looks very likely to have a big career, Sloan the jury is out and Amone doesn’t look like he offers much at all.
It doesn’t need to be that our future is these THREE players.
Herring far better than Amone.

When you stop and think about it the only thing holding this club up at the moment is the loose grip on the proud history of St George and the fact that we are the team who those in the large population of the Illawarra are assoicated with.

There's no pride left. There is no relevance or real identity as you put it.

We don't even have a player who you can market the club around. Look at Hunt. He takes it as a privilege to play hooker for QLD but it is a chore when he is asked to do it for us. You tell me where the love of the jersey is?
That's what was always destined to happen to Joint Ventures. I'm somewhat surprised we've made it this far, tbh. Manly should have been booted for the way they gobbled up Norths whereas we have been hobbled by our own complacent, intransigent Board. Wests/Balmain was a Frankenstein's monster of a dog's breakfast right from the start - and will always be.

Latest posts